• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Post your draft of Lance Armstrong's public admission letter

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
pralc50 said:
To all my friends, fans and teammates. I have been a fraud.
I want to say, have never taken illegal PEDs or been involved in blood doping.

I have always been superior to all those around me. I always felt a need to win
the most demanding bike race in the world – the Tour De France. I needed a strong team around me. Riders like myself, I was always so much better than the riders around me. That destroyed their “mental toughness”, their natural abilities to succeed. You can
look at riders that have since confessed to their own failures. They were too weak on their own and blamed me for their shortcomings.

That is where the fraud began. The Omerta in the Omerta. I injected myself with placebos and told my teammates that I had discovered a miracle drug. I supplied them with the same placebos. This provided them with the confidence they needed. We regularly withdrew blood to make sure all our riders were healthy.
We never re-injected our blood. We provided a saline solution with a dye to look like an infusion. This was once again put of my fraud. I had to instill a belief in my team that we were invincible. It worked; we won 7 tours in a row. But we never doped, unfortunately
when certain members left the team they still felt a need to pursue these miracle drugs. This is where they began their own pursuit of illegal PED and deceiving the cycling fans. When they were caught by a diligent UCI anti-doping program they all pointed back to me. I have to say the only mistake that I made was not confessing to my team mates that I had defrauded them. I have never taken performance enhancing drugs. I have passed over 500 tests. LA

I knew it. Must go retrieve yellow bracelets from septic tank. Must go now. How could I have been so naive....

The swarm of media falls silent as disgraced professional cyclist steps to the podium. The once-proud athlete, previously a global symbol of health and vitality, now looks worn beyond his years, his bearing revealing a much smaller physical presence than his former dominating persona of his Tour de France competition years.

Lance Armstrong gazes out to the hushed room as the endless series of leering camera lenses and flashes addresses him in return. Drawing in a deep breath he begins. "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to establish the truth with respect to the allegations made against me. For the record, I can say categorically that I did not inject."

Armstrong's brow furrows with confusion, as he fumbles with the stack of small cards in his hands. After a few seconds, he resumes. "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to take this opportunity to establish the truth with respect to the allegations made against me. For the record, I can say categorically that I did not have sexual relations with that man Dr. Michele Ferrari."

Now obviously agitated, Armstrong whirls around to the curtain behind him and bellows, "Where's that little s%$t Fabiani?! I pay him seven figures for PR hocus pocus and in return I get rehashed materials from his freakin' Clinton files?"

His suitcase of courage now finally empty, no pedals to dance on anywhere in sight, the now broken Armstrong launches his cards into the air like so much confetti before stomping up the aisle past the stunned room, and out the door in a last fleeting silouette against the light outside which has engulfed the man who once cast such a large shadow.

While one could say that Armstrong has left the building, with his legacy all but erased perhaps it is more correct to wonder if he was ever truly here?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
"I never, had sexual relations with that woman.

I only had sexual relations with that woman, that woman, that woman, that woman, that woman, that woman, that woman and that woman.

I did not inhale.

I do not patronise Yellow Rose gentelmen's club.

thankyou Oprah".

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and Gentlemen, distinguished members of the media, fat Pat, and the ASO - what are you stupid? of course I doped, but that is not the point. I passed all of your tests before and during competition, you let me stay in the race until the end, I finished with the lowest cumulative time, in reality, I won. thank you and good night

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
A ...finally....it took a 'journalist' to 'write' the most balanced piece yet....

Only 1 comment saying he was a normal guy that doped. Obviously the bots cant read the articles they comment on.

Oh how the message has changed. never tested positive to he was doping the same as everyone else.

No way back for wonderboy. It is not gonna happen as he dont give a crap about anyone but wonderboy.

TRENDING THREADS