• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Power tap and Mavic Cosmics, rebuild

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Is it possible to rebuild these wheels with a power tap hub? I have the clincher cosmic with aluminum rims and carbon areo bit.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
St. Elia said:
Is it possible to rebuild these wheels with a power tap hub? I have the clincher cosmic with aluminum rims and carbon areo bit.

Mavic offers a 20 spoke, powertap based carbon Cosmic so they have the hub. If your rear wheel is 20h then it is conceivable that you could have it built. Not sure if Mavic sells the hub separately.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Yes, they can be rebuilt with PT, but be very careful who you choose to do the work. Even shops that carry all the right product do not always have the proper experience to rebuild a set like that.

Where do you live St. Elia? I might be able to suggest some people to you based on your location.