• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pozzovivo

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
He's also interested in history, technology, economics, politics and weather forecasting.

He really is the Einstein of the modern peloton (not that it's particularly difficult).

With regard to something like mechanical doping is that a good or a bad thing? When I read or hear about those motor rumours I always have to think about results like his Vuelta TT in Tarazona. Should I blame myself for this? &#128528

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

liamito said:
CheckMyPecs said:
He's also interested in history, technology, economics, politics and weather forecasting.

He really is the Einstein of the modern peloton (not that it's particularly difficult).

With regard to something like mechanical doping is that a good or a bad thing? When I read or hear about those motor rumours I always have to think about results like his Vuelta TT in Tarazona. Should I blame myself for this? &#128528
It's not because he's smart that he's an engine designer.

We all know that doping discussions don't belong here. Thank you.

IMO, he's just overrated. Settimana Lombarda '11, mountain stage, he was top-5, but way behind Pinot (winner). A few nice performances (well, Ellisonde won on the Angliru - should he be heralded as a GT contender?), he's good, really good. But not THAT good. TdS '15, Pinot was wary of him, letting the other guys in the picture, attacked too late, but still got a gap. Pozzo could be a great stage chaser, but GC wise, no way. In a team, as a dom, he'd be great.

Tonton said:
We all know that doping discussions don't belong here. Thank you.

IMO, he's just overrated. Settimana Lombarda '11, mountain stage, he was top-5, but way behind Pinot (winner). A few nice performances (well, Ellisonde won on the Angliru - should he be heralded as a GT contender?), he's good, really good. But not THAT good. TdS '15, Pinot was wary of him, letting the other guys in the picture, attacked too late, but still got a gap. Pozzo could be a great stage chaser, but GC wise, no way. In a team, as a dom, he'd be great.
Relax, man. There's no need for bashing him so heavy. He's no threat to domestic Tour leadership. Magnitude of the hype surrounding Pozzo is limited to expectation he'll once get in the podium mix at a lesser GT. And that isn't exactly something deserving two contemptuous elaboratons, and hardly compareable to the hype surrounding French hopes... throughout decades.

Yeah Tonton, its probably a little harsh bringing TdS forth considering he just got back from the horrendous crash at the Giro.. give the man a break.

Father time is coming. Interesting to see whether he chooses, as Scarponi did, to be a full time mountain domestique or keeps chasing top-10's in the Giro. Maybe he will start the Cunego/Garzelli approach and start hunting stage wins and the climbers jersey.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

SafeBet said:
I don't think he's so much worse than a couple of years ago honestly.
Take away the last stage (apparently sick) and he would probably be in the top10. His best result in a GT is 5th. Doesn't look like a steep decline to me.
typical scorebord assumptions. I guess you didn't watch the giri he rode then.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to see Pozzo get on the podium, but don't think it's possible. Hopefully he tries something, he's looked good the last few days compared to the other GC riders.

The last couple of days the Danish commentators having been talking about how he "isn't really seen, yet is just there during the finale."
Doh. Of course he isn't really seen. All he has to do is duck behind any of the other riders - except maybe Quintana - and he's gone.

A bit late to the party, but I remember reading an article back in November - I think it was - in which he revealed that he was following another University course, because obviously having one degree just isn't enough. Jeez, man. Stick to one thing like a normal person.

TRENDING THREADS