• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Pozzovivo

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
If the Giro would start tomorrow he'd be a favourite for a podium spot, but sadly we still have 2 weeks to go, gts are long and he has faded before.
 
Nov 25, 2012
105
0
3,830
After today I still believe Domenico is in a fighty position at least for the podium. I really hope he will be able to win a big chunk of time on Yates and Dumoulin this weekend.
 
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
RedheadDane said:
Is "Pozzovino" his official nickname now?
How can you be a 'vino' when you're not on Astana and when you never win.
As much as I borrow some nicknames, including the excellent Thinard Pinault (that I hope will soon crush the opposition), I came up with Pozzovino because Domenico never ceases to amaze me. He's a fighter, he attacks, uphill, downhill, he'll sprint, he doesn't give a cr@p who his opponent are, he has that sizzle. FWIW.

Giro-wise, I don't think that he can overtake Pinot. But he's a smart rider and he will try. And if the GC looks right, he and Thibaut work well together as we saw last year. If Dumoulin or Yates (most likely) show any sign of weakness, watch out. Or Pinot. Pozzo is willing to put it on the line. I like that.
 
I'd expected something better from him but we know that with him whether or not is form is good TT are always a lottery, sometimes he's bad, sometimes he's mediocre and sometimes he's good.
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
The only bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.
 
Sep 15, 2016
124
0
0
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
The inly bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
Re: Re:

ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:
The inly bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
Yes, he's the nicest guy in the world and it's totally understandable, but I hope that he'll attack at some point.
 
Nov 25, 2012
105
0
3,830
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:
The inly bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
Yes, he's the nicest guy in the world and it's totally understandable, but I hope that he'll attack at some point.
Unfortunately, apart from Mohoric he doesn't seem to have another very strong teammate. Visconti isn't good at all this Giro. Too bad that his best domestique fell badly before stage 1..
 
Jun 30, 2014
5,465
0
0
Re: Re:

Ivan_Basso_77 said:
Mayomaniac said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:
The inly bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
Yes, he's the nicest guy in the world and it's totally understandable, but I hope that he'll attack at some point.
Unfortunately, apart from Mohoric he doesn't seem to have another very strong teammate. Visconti isn't good at all this Giro. Too bad that his best domestique fell badly before stage 1..
Visconti crashed into the FDJ teamcar in Sicily on one of the hillier stages, that's also the reason why he was all bandaged up.
 
Nov 25, 2012
105
0
3,830
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Ivan_Basso_77 said:
Mayomaniac said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:
The inly bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
Yes, he's the nicest guy in the world and it's totally understandable, but I hope that he'll attack at some point.
Unfortunately, apart from Mohoric he doesn't seem to have another very strong teammate. Visconti isn't good at all this Giro. Too bad that his best domestique fell badly before stage 1..
Visconti crashed into the FDJ teamcar in Sicily on one of the hillier stages, that's also the reason why he was all bandaged up.
I admit I had completely forgotten about that crash.

From what I heard, on Sunday he didn't feel very well. Already on Tre Croci he felt frozen.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts