• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pozzovivo

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
If the Giro would start tomorrow he'd be a favourite for a podium spot, but sadly we still have 2 weeks to go, gts are long and he has faded before.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
RedheadDane said:
Is "Pozzovino" his official nickname now?
How can you be a 'vino' when you're not on Astana and when you never win.
As much as I borrow some nicknames, including the excellent Thinard Pinault (that I hope will soon crush the opposition), I came up with Pozzovino because Domenico never ceases to amaze me. He's a fighter, he attacks, uphill, downhill, he'll sprint, he doesn't give a cr@p who his opponent are, he has that sizzle. FWIW.

Giro-wise, I don't think that he can overtake Pinot. But he's a smart rider and he will try. And if the GC looks right, he and Thibaut work well together as we saw last year. If Dumoulin or Yates (most likely) show any sign of weakness, watch out. Or Pinot. Pozzo is willing to put it on the line. I like that.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
The only bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
We need Nibali to give him a pep talk before the final mountain stages.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:
The inly bad thing is that he'll be happy with a podium, he won't go for broke.
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
Yes, he's the nicest guy in the world and it's totally understandable, but I hope that he'll attack at some point.

Mayomaniac said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:
In fairness he is not getting any younger and a Giro podium would be huge for him, but i hope he'll try something.
Yes, he's the nicest guy in the world and it's totally understandable, but I hope that he'll attack at some point.

Unfortunately, apart from Mohoric he doesn't seem to have another very strong teammate. Visconti isn't good at all this Giro. Too bad that his best domestique fell badly before stage 1..

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Ivan_Basso_77 said:
Mayomaniac said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:

Unfortunately, apart from Mohoric he doesn't seem to have another very strong teammate. Visconti isn't good at all this Giro. Too bad that his best domestique fell badly before stage 1..
Visconti crashed into the FDJ teamcar in Sicily on one of the hillier stages, that's also the reason why he was all bandaged up.

Mayomaniac said:
Ivan_Basso_77 said:
Mayomaniac said:
ColonelKidneyBeans said:
Mayomaniac said:

Visconti crashed into the FDJ teamcar in Sicily on one of the hillier stages, that's also the reason why he was all bandaged up.

I admit I had completely forgotten about that crash.

From what I heard, on Sunday he didn't feel very well. Already on Tre Croci he felt frozen.