• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pre Giro d' Italia-thread!

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Another interesting thing to look out for would be how the U-25 riders perform: Ciccone, Carapaz, Oomen, Haig, O Connor, Carthy,Eg etc. Lots of good climbing talent!
Lopez is also in!
Giulio Ciccone fell on training in Italy. Only a few brushes. His hand was bandaged though. I expect him to win the mountains classification. Given his Giro dell'Appenino win and his good performance at the Tour of the Alps his condition should be good. Let's see whether he tries something in the first days already or if his Giro only starts the day after Mount Zoncolan!

staubsauger said:
Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Another interesting thing to look out for would be how the U-25 riders perform: Ciccone, Carapaz, Oomen, Haig, O Connor, Carthy,Eg etc. Lots of good climbing talent!
Lopez is also in!
Johnny Cigo fell on training in Italy. Only a few brushes. His hand was bandaged though. I expect him to win the mountains classification. Given his Giro dell'Appenino win and his good performance at the Tour of the Alps his condition should be good. Let's see whether he tries something in the first days already or if his Giro only starts the day after Mount Zoncolan!

Who? And why that name?

Armchair cyclist said:
staubsauger said:
Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Lopez is also in!
Johnny Cigo fell on training in Italy. Only a few brushes. His hand was bandaged though. I expect him to win the mountains classification. Given his Giro dell'Appenino win and his good performance at the Tour of the Alps his condition should be good. Let's see whether he tries something in the first days already or if his Giro only starts the day after Mount Zoncolan!

Who? And why that name?
In Spanish meaning "I don't want to continue"

Not sure why the comment!

Escarabajo said:
Armchair cyclist said:
staubsauger said:
Escarabajo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Lopez is also in!

Who? And why that name?
In Spanish meaning "I don't want to continue"

Not sure why the comment!
Giulio Ciccone calls himself Cicco on Instagram. Cicca actually means cig in Italian slang. Obviously, I'm not shy about making kindergarten jokes.

So is it an Italian whose forename is equivalent to Julius/Julian being given a translation of his name as Johnny, along with an alleged abbreviation of cigarette that I have never heard in 54 years as a native English speaker, or a phonetic approximation to 'Yo no sigo' being applied to a rider who has no particular record of DNFing?

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
So is it an Italian whose forename is equivalent to Julius/Julian being given a translation of his name as Johnny, along with an alleged abbreviation of cigarette that I have never heard in 54 years as a native English speaker, or a phonetic approximation to 'Yo no sigo' being applied to a rider who has no particular record of DNFing?
There's my mistake, yeah. :eek:
Anyway, I take back that stupid joke and the rest is an appropriate prognostication of his chances at this Giro.

TRENDING THREADS