• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Predict the 2011 TdF podium

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
As people are already arguing about the most exciting race of the year :rolleyes: in the 'rating of the Tour rivals' thread, I thought it was a good idea to let The Dutch Maffia, us Belgian fanboys and the rest of the forum take their picks for the podium:p
I'll start with this:
1. Denis Mensjov - if Geox gets invited-
2. Ivan Basso
3. Jurgen VDB

If Geox doesn't get invited

1. Basso
2. Jurgen VDB
3. Cadel Evans

Schlecklet won't even finish due to alcohol intoxication imo :p

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
His holyness. Pfff. He has no chance.

I for one believe Andy Schleck will be able to go a week or 2 without drink.

1 Andrew
2 Samuel +3 minutes
3 Ivan +4 minutes

I was kidding about Andrew :p but I honestly believe he'll succumb to the pressure

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Contador (?),
Schleck
Menchov (?),
Basso,
Evans/Sanchez

Evans/Sanchez will have the same time / same number of wins / etc. and will have to share the podium for the 3rd place, thus, making new TdF history (if seriously, I just can't decide :))

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Van den broeck won't podium...

I actually agree.

schleck will win, unfortunately.

The next spots I can't really say..
SS, Basso, Menchov, J-Rod, Gesink, evans (can't never discount the guy to podium, even on this course etc..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
What happened to Van den Breakaway?
sorry I let my guard down.
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
I actually agree.
schleck will win, unfortunately.

The next spots I can't really say..
SS, Basso, Menchov, J-Rod, Gesink, evans (can't never discount the guy to podium, even on this course etc..

Let me get this straight? Timmy Loves Rabo actually agrees with ACF94? Mega WTF!:eek::D

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
I wonder how Movistar will play the Tour. Tondo won't be at the right level, surely. Will they ride for Plaza maybe? Or just go for stages?

taiwan said:
I wonder how Movistar will play the Tour. Tondo won't be at the right level, surely. Will they ride for Plaza maybe? Or just go for stages?

Soler is quoted as saying that since he's won the KOM jersey at the Tour, his goal this year is to gain the yellow. This was from a CN article on his performance at the Tour de San Luis (sp). I think it may have been from early this week or late last week. I'm not certain though if he's simply hoping to wear the leader's jersey at some point or is seriously going for the overall. Also I don't know how closely his personal goals correspond with what the team might be seriously aiming for.

TRENDING THREADS