• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

PREDICTION 2018

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seems very close to call among the top 4-5 favorites, but few other riders mentioned besides them. Given one of the top 4-5 will have a bad/off/mechanical day, that means few teams really invested in chasing breaks, so a better chance than normal for a second-tier, but in-shape rider, who is given too much leeway, to take it. So:
1. Kreuzinger
2. Pinot
3. Uran

Rooting for Pinot though . . .

Re: Re:

Squire said:
Giro: Froome Aru Lopez
Tour: Nibali Valverde Thomas
Vuelta: Aru Valverde Chaves

Strade: Kwiatkowski
Sanremo: Gaviria
Ronde: Sagan
PR: Stybar
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Bernal
Worlds: Woods
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin
I'm pretty happy my predictions from the start of the year. Getting 2/3 on the Giro podium wasn't too bad, and the slightly unusual Thomas and Woods predictions weren't too far off either. I had a bit too much faith in Aru though.

Tonton said:
OK, let's defend my title :cool: ...

Giro: 1. Dumoulin, 2. Pinot, 3. Aru
Tour: 1. Nibali, 2. Quintana, 3. Bardet
Vuelta: 1. Froome, 2. Landa, 3. Valverde

Strade: Kwiat
MSR: Demare
PR: Sagan
LBL: GVA
GDL: Nibali
WRRC: Valverde
WITTC: Dumoulin

also:

FW: Alaphilippe
AGR: Kwiat
Yikes, only PR and the RRWC right (and FW as an add-on), a GT debacle...well, there's always next year :eek: .

Tonton said:
Tonton said:

also:

Yikes, only PR and the RRWC right (and FW as an add-on), a GT debacle...well, there's always next year :eek: .

However, you finished in the top 10. You had a finish like Gaviria. :lol:

Tonton said:
Tonton said:

also:

Well, you… errr… got the Giro in the right order! (With Pinot "finishing" higher than Aru because he DNFed later)

RedheadDane said:
Tonton said:
Tonton said:

also:

Well, you… errr… got the Giro in the right order! (With Pinot "finishing" higher than Aru because he DNFed later)

If he had had the Vuelta in the reverse order would that then also have been correct, since Landa was later to announce that he wouldn't take part than Froome?