• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

PREDICTION 2019

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tonton said:
Wow! Tibopino wins LBL, podiums Le Tour according to the recent posts....where do I sign? :)

It's still to early to cast predictions IMO. We don't know enough about schedules. That's how I won in '17 and Maxime Monfored in '18. I'll give it a month before making a prediction.

No problem in waiting. The Tour was my biggest issue coming up with. We now have a good idea who's racing the Giro, the Vuelta is always more pick names out of hat and hope. The classics, well you probably have an idea for those. Of course being a fan of Bala you can pencil him for a bunch of things and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he wins at least part of them. As for the other classics, well figure a classics rider is likely to win those. :D

Yeah, my Tour podium is more hope with putting both Bardet and Pinot on the podium.
 
Tonton said:
Wow! Tibopino wins LBL, podiums Le Tour according to the recent posts....where do I sign? :)

It's still to early to cast predictions IMO. We don't know enough about schedules. That's how I won in '17 and Maxime Monfored in '18. I'll give it a month before making a prediction.
Pave the downhill section to The Targnon, add it to LBL about 50k from the finish and he is determined to win it.
 
One thing for sure, there will be plots and intrigues as it relates to GTs. The routes aren't as bad as some say, the lineups are still unclear. Froome and Thomas is one too many rooster in July. Giro? Don't know. Vuelta is the "save the season" GT and the lineup may evolve as injuries, misfortunes plague the season.

In '18 I did my predictions Froome-free, and that cost me. Plus Tibopino's stage 20 "9/11 on wheels" nightmare hurt big time.

FDJ or whatever the name is loaded up with TTT help. There is a plan. Seb, Georg, hopefully Rudy should be in that Tour lineup. LBL on the first attempt? Awesome but unlikely. That kind of weather and race suits Thibaut, so why not?

After the new year, I'll give it a shot, not winning by accident like in '17, but because I got it right.

In any case, I love the love for Pinot. You know what you get. He will puke, give it all, it's just a matter of knowing when he pukes :) . But when he's healthy and focused, he can give a handful to all the Sky in the world.
 
Mar 14, 2018
19
0
0
Tour: 1 Froome 2 Thomas 3 Nibali
Green jersey: Sagan or Sagan
Polka dots: Froome
White jersey:


Strade: Alaphilippe
Sanremo: Viviani
Ronde: Sagan
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: van der poel
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Wellens
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT:
 
Giro:
1: Steven Kruijswijk
2: Tom Dumoulin
3: Miguel Angel Lopez

Tour:
1: Froome
2: Porte
3: Bardet

Green jersey: Peter Sagan
Polka dots: Serge Pauwels
White jersey: David Gaudu

Vuelta:
1: Yates (do I have to specify which one?)
2: Mas
3: Quintana

Strade: Trentin
Sanremo: Ewan
Ronde: Benoot
Roubaix: SEP
Amstel: Van der Poel
Fleche: Teuns
Liege: Nibali
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Gilbert
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin

Kampioenschap van Vlaanderen - Koolskamp : Greipel
Paris-Tours: Gaviria
Omloop: Sagan
KBK: Ewan
E3 : Wisniowski
Brabantse Pijl: GVA
Tro-Bro Léon: Venturini
 
Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Giro:
1: Steven Kruijswijk
2: Tom Dumoulin
3: Miguel Angel Lopez

Tour:
1: Froome
2: Porte
3: Bardet

Green jersey: Peter Sagan
Polka dots: Serge Pauwels
White jersey: David Gaudu

Vuelta:
1: Yates (do I have to specify which one?)
2: Mas
3: Quintana

Strade: Trentin
Sanremo: Ewan
Ronde: Benoot
Roubaix: SEP
Amstel: Van der Poel
Fleche: Teuns
Liege: Nibali
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Gilbert
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin

Kampioenschap van Vlaanderen - Koolskamp : Greipel
Paris-Tours: Gaviria
Omloop: Sagan
KBK: Ewan
E3 : Wisniowski
Brabantse Pijl: GVA
Tro-Bro Léon: Venturini
E3 : Wisniowski
Eh? Winners' list from recent editions: Pozzato, Cancellara, Cancellara, Boonen, Cancellara, Sagan, Thomas, Kwiatkowski, GVA, Terpstra.

Not really a race that allows fluke winners.
 
Jun 2, 2016
157
0
0
Giro: 1 Dumoulin 2 Nibali 3 Roglic
Tour: 1 Froome 2 Nibali 3 Quintana
Vuelta: 1 Froome 2 Simon Yates 3 Mas

Strade: Van Aert
Sanremo: Viviani
Ronde: Gilbert
Roubaix: Van Avermaet
Amstel: Valverde
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Bardet
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin
 
May 13, 2015
1,759
0
0
Giro: 1 Dumoulin 2 Bernal 3 Roglic
Tour: 1 Thomas 2 Bardet 3 Nibali
Vuelta: 1 Simon Yates 2 Mas 3 Froome

Green: Sagan
White: Gaudi
Polka dots: Nibali

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Viviani
Ronde: Van Avermaet
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: Valgren
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Nibali
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Giro: 1. Bernal 2. Dumoulin 3. Landa

Tour: 1. Thomas 2. Mas 3. Quintana
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Quintana
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Lopez 2. Si 3. Valverde

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Gaviria
Ronde: Wout
Roubaix: Greg
Amstel: Valgren
Fleche: Alaphil
Liege: Valverde
Lombardia: Chaves
Worlds: Phil Gil
Worlds ITT: Dont know dont care
 
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Giro: 1. Bernal 2. Dumoulin 3. Landa

Tour: 1. Thomas 2. Mas 3. Quintana
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Quintana
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Lopez 2. Si 3. Valverde

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Gaviria
Ronde: Wout
Roubaix: Greg
Amstel: Valgren
Fleche: Alaphil
Liege: Valverde
Lombardia: Chaves
Worlds: Phil Gil
Worlds ITT: Dont know dont care
I don't think Poels will ride Flanders.
 
Giro: 1. Dumoulin, 2. Roglic, 3. Bernal
Tour: 1. Froome, 2. Thomas, 3. Quintana
Green: Sagan
Polka: Alaphilippe
White: Mas
Vuelta: 1. S. Yates, 2. Lopez, 3. Froome
Strade: Stybar
Sanremo: Sagan
RVV: Sagan
PR: Sagan
Amstel: Kwiatkowski
FW: Alaphilippe
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Bit late to the party here, but two questions:

dercuforever said:
Giro:
1Bardet 2Lopez 3Sosa

Tour: 1Dumoulin 2Bernal 3Pinot
Green jersey:Sagan
1.Polka dots:a french -> Martin ?
White jersey:Bernal

Vuelta: 1Quintana 2Mas 3S. Yates

Strade: Wout van Aert
Sanremo: Sagan
2.Ronde: Pedersen Mads
Roubaix: Vanmarcke
Amstel: Sagan
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Martin
Lombardia: Pinot
Worlds: Hodeg
Worlds ITT: Dennis
1. Guillaume, then?

2. You think he's gonna win in his second attempt?
 
RedheadDane said:
Bit late to the party here, but two questions:

dercuforever said:
Giro:
1Bardet 2Lopez 3Sosa

Tour: 1Dumoulin 2Bernal 3Pinot
Green jersey:Sagan
1.Polka dots:a french -> Martin ?
White jersey:Bernal

Vuelta: 1Quintana 2Mas 3S. Yates

Strade: Wout van Aert
Sanremo: Sagan
2.Ronde: Pedersen Mads
Roubaix: Vanmarcke
Amstel: Sagan
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Martin
Lombardia: Pinot
Worlds: Hodeg
Worlds ITT: Dennis
1. Guillaume, then?

2. You think he's gonna win in his second attempt?
I have a feeling that he does.. Since he wrote it in his post.
 
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:
Giro: 1. Bernal 2. Dumoulin 3. Landa

Tour: 1. Thomas 2. Mas 3. Quintana
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Quintana
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Lopez 2. Si 3. Valverde

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Gaviria
Ronde: Wout
Roubaix: Greg
Amstel: Valgren
Fleche: Alaphil
Liege: Valverde
Lombardia: Chaves
Worlds: Phil Gil
Worlds ITT: Dont know dont care
I don't think Poels will ride Flanders.
Lmao, but his namebrother Van Aert is!
 
Speaking of Poels... with Bernal and Thomas gaining power in Grand Tours, is he even allowed to lead any races?

He is likely to co-lead them in the Ardennes along with Kwiatkowski and Moscon, but is that about it?

If Thomas is leading them in Paris-Nice and Romandie for Tour prep and Bernal in Tirreno-Adriatico and Tour of the Alps for Giro prep, there isn't much room for personal ambition. Although Froome might start slow if he want to do the Tour-Vuelta double again, there still isn't many races for Poels to lead.

The Itzulia? Or maybe in Ruta Del Sol or a minor race like that.
 
Sep 13, 2016
37
0
0
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. S. Yates 3. Bernal
Tour: 1. Thomas 2. Froome 3. Pinot
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Alaphilippe
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. S. Yates 2. Bernal 3. Quintana

Strade: Valverde
Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: Sagan
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: Matthews
Fleche: Valverde
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Pinot
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Giro 1. Nibali 2. Dumoulin 3. Bernal

Red: Viviani
Blue: Mollema
White: Bernal

Tour 1. Nibali 2. Thomas 3. Roglic

Vuelta 1. Dumoulin 2. Yates. 3. Froome

Strade Bianche: Dumoulin
Milano Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: Matthews
Roubaix: Sieberg
Amstel: Valgren
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Pinot
CSS: Pinot
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds RR: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Re:

Red Rick said:
Giro 1. Nibali 2. Dumoulin 3. Bernal

Red: Viviani
Blue: Mollema
White: Bernal

Tour 1. Nibali 2. Thomas 3. Roglic

Vuelta 1. Dumoulin 2. Yates. 3. Froome

Strade Bianche: Dumoulin
Milano Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: Matthews
Roubaix: Sieberg
Amstel: Valgren
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Pinot
CSS: Pinot
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds RR: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
Sounds about right except Pinot will not ride Liege so I would give him Le Tour and predict Nibali for Liege. The finish will be on the flat.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS