• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

PREDICTION 2019

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Robert5091 said:
Max Rockatansky said:
Only one interesting question and prediction this year: Will it rain?

Really...don't care about the rest anymore.
We're overdue some snow in the Giro & a wet cold Tour.


Thanks to global warming, this looks a lot less likely...but then again, I remember the Tours 2014-2016 as rainy (at least partly, right? Cobbles and Belles Filles 2014, Plateau de Beille and Pra Loup 2015, Andorra 2016). Can't remember the last snowy Giro though :Neutral: But I would really like to witness a wet Roubaix, something I still haven't had the pleasure of :(
 
Apr 23, 2018
333
1
1,285
Giro: 1. Yates 2. Dumoulin 3. Roglic

Tour: 1. Froome 2. Dumoulin 3. Thomas
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Alaphilippe
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Lopez 2. Quintana 3. Valverde

Strade: Van Aert
Sanremo: Viviani
Ronde: Valgren
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: Valverde
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Matthews
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin
 
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Singer01 said:
Out of curiosity has anyone ever done remotely well at this in recent years?
I won last year, and no I didn't do very well :)
I won the year before that, much to my surprise. Great bragging afterwards tho' :cool: .

Here we go:

Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. Yates 3. Nibali
Tour: 1. Froome 2. Pinot 3. Quintana
Green Sagan Polka Dots Bardet White Mas
Vuelta: 1. Yates 2. Valverde 3. MAL
Strade: Kwiat
MSR: Demare
RVV: Sagan
PR: Sagan
AGR: Kwiat
FW: Alaf
LBL: Valverde
GDL: Pinot
Worlds Road: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. Yates 3. Bernal
Tour: 1. Qunitana 2. Bardet 3. MAL
(Sky leave the TdF early due to the police knocking Froome off his bike all the time and unlike last year, deliberately pepper-spraying the team during ongoing Yellow Vests protests)
Green Sagan Polka Dots Barguil White Mas
Vuelta: 1. Nibali 2. Yates 3. Pinot
Strade: van Aert
MSR: Nibali
RVV: Sagan
PR: Tepstra
AGR: Madouas
FW: Matthews
LBL: Sagan
GDL: Roglic
Worlds Road: Thomas
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Re:

Robert5091 said:
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. Yates 3. Bernal
Tour: 1. Qunitana 2. Bardet 3. MAL
(Sky leave the TdF early due to the police knocking Froome off his bike all the time and unlike last year, deliberately pepper-spraying the team during ongoing Yellow Vests protests)
Green Sagan Polka Dots Barguil White Mas
Vuelta: 1. Nibali 2. Yates 3. Pinot
Strade: van Aert
MSR: Nibali
RVV: Sagan
PR: Tepstra
AGR: Madouas
FW: Matthews
LBL: Sagan
GDL: Roglic
Worlds Road: Thomas
Worlds ITT: Dennis
A little light on the Pinot side, but Madouas AGR, wow. ' love the picks :) .
 
Aug 25, 2015
127
4
2,835
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
Robert5091 said:
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. Yates 3. Bernal
Tour: 1. Qunitana 2. Bardet 3. MAL
(Sky leave the TdF early due to the police knocking Froome off his bike all the time and unlike last year, deliberately pepper-spraying the team during ongoing Yellow Vests protests)
Green Sagan Polka Dots Barguil White Mas
Vuelta: 1. Nibali 2. Yates 3. Pinot
Strade: van Aert
MSR: Nibali
RVV: Sagan
PR: Tepstra
AGR: Madouas
FW: Matthews
LBL: Sagan
GDL: Roglic
Worlds Road: Thomas
Worlds ITT: Dennis
A little light on the Pinot side, but Madouas AGR, wow. ' love the picks :) .
WVA is not racing stade?
 
https://www.cxmagazine.com/mathieu-van-der-poel-2019-spring-classics-wout-van-aert-lotto-visma
The Lotto-Visma team—the successor to Lotto-Jumbo—announced that Van Aert will be moving to the team beginning on March 1, 2019.
Strade March 3 .. or has he said no?

Edit - update - oops! looked at 2018, but https://www.bikemagazine.com.br/2019/01/wout-van-aert-vai-disputar-classicas-e-a-criterium-du-dauphine-em-2019/
Calendário 2019 de Wout van Aert
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, 3 de março
Strade Bianche, 9 de março
Milão-San Remo, 23 de março
E3 BinckBank Classic, 29 de março
Gent-Wevelgem, 31 de março
Tour de Flandres, 7 de abril
Paris-Roubaix, 14 de abril
Amstel Gold Race, 21 de abril
Critérium du Dauphiné, 6 de junho
Binck Bank Tour, 12 de agosto
EuroEyes Cyclassics Hamburg, 25 de agosto
 
Jan 8, 2019
1
0
0
Giro: 1. Bernal 2. Dumoulin 3. Nibali
Tour: 1. Quintana 2. Froome 3. Nibali
Green Sagan Polka Dots Landa White Oomen
Vuelta: 1. Lopez 2. Yates 3. Bernal
Strade: Stybar
MSR: Sagan
RVV: Sagan
PR: Moscon
AGR: Matthews
FW: Alaphilippe
LBL: Bardet
GDL: Nibali
Worlds Road: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin
 
Re:

Robert5091 said:
Madouas I think could well turn up a surprise winner in a big one day race - if he can get away early and the guys chasing mess up. Bit like Mohoric.
I love Madouas, but of the French youngsters, Cosnefroy would be my pick for a big win. The kid is a machine. Either way, I'll be happy :) .
 
Time to do this one too, before the season proper gets underway. Some of those predictions do not look that realistic, but at this point, how much do we really know about who'll be who in the current year.

Giro: Dumoulin, Bernal, Roglic

Tour: Froome, Thomas, Bardet
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Pinot
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: S.Yates, Froome, M.A. Lopez

Strade: Kwiatkowski
Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: Sagan
Roubaix: Terpstra
Amstel: MVDP
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Woods
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Re:

Põhja Konn said:
Time to do this one too, before the season proper gets underway. Some of those predictions do not look that realistic, but at this point, how much do we really know about who'll be who in the current year.
I feel pretty confident in saying that Simon Yates will be Adam.
 
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. S. Yates 3. Landa

Tour: 1. Nibali 2. Thomas 3. Roglic
Green jersey: Gaviria
Polka dots: Roglic
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Chaves 2. Quintana 3. Froome
Strade: Bardet
Sanremo: Ewan
Ronde: GvA
Roubaix: Vanmarcke
Amstel: Matthews
Fleche: Alaphillipe
Liege: Kreuziger
Lombardia: Kwiatkowski
Worlds: Demare
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Giro: 1 2 3
Tom D, Roglic, S. Yates

Tour: 1 2 3
Chris Froome, Tom D, Adam Yates
Green jersey:Sagan
Polka dots:Fuglsang
White jersey:Enric Mas

Vuelta: 1 2 3
S Yates, Lopez, Valverde

Strade: Mohoric
Sanremo: Caleb Ewan
Ronde: Valgren
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel:Valverde
Fleche: Allhapjilippe
Liege: Kreuziger
Lombardia:Nibali
Worlds:EDvald B H
Worlds ITT:Rohan Dennis
 
Giro:
1. Dumoulin, 2. Bernal, 3. S. Yates

Tour:
1. Froome, 2. Porte, 3. Bardet
Green: Sagan
Polka dots: Alaphilippe
White: Mas

Vuelta:
1. S. Yates, 2. Froome, 3. Quintana

Strade: Kwiat
MSR: Ewan
Ronde: Sagan
PR: Terpstra
Amstel: Kwiat
Fleche: Valverde
LBL: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds ITT: Dennis
Worlds: Sagan
 
Nov 1, 2018
4
1
515
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. S. Yates 3. Nibali

Tour: 1. Froome 2. Roglic 3. Thomas
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Alaphillipe
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Quintana 2. Mas 3. Chaves

Strade: Stybar
Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: Sagan
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: Alaphillipe
Fleche: Alaphillipe
Liege: Sagan
Lombardia: Kwiatkowski
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Re:

water202 said:
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. S. Yates 3. Nibali

Tour: 1. Froome 2. Roglic 3. Thomas
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Alaphillipe
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Quintana 2. Mas 3. Chaves

Strade: Stybar
Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: Sagan
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: Alaphillipe
Fleche: Alaphillipe
Liege: Sagan
Lombardia: Kwiatkowski
Worlds: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
Aw, no Amstel for Sagan? :sad:
 
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. Simon Yates 3. Bernal

Tour: 1. Froome 2. Quintana 3. Porte
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Pinot
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Roglic 2. Froome 3. Simon Yates
Strade: Mohoric
Sanremo: Sagan
Ronde: GVA
Roubaix: Gilbert
Amstel: Valverde
Fleche: Woods
Liege: Alaphilippe
Lombardia: Moscon
Worlds: Matthews
Worlds ITT: Froome
 
Nov 25, 2012
105
0
3,830
Giro: 1. Nibali 2. Dumoulin 3. S. Yates
Tour: 1. Quintana 2. Froome 3. Nibali
Green Jersey: Sagan
Polka Dot Jersey: Landa
White Jersey: Mas
Vuelta: 1. S. Yates 2. M. A. Lopez. 3. Bernal
Strade: Benoot
MSR: Mohoric
RVV: Sagan
PR: Sagan
AGR: Alaphilippe
FW: Alaphilippe
LBL: D. Teuns
GDL: Nibali
Worlds Road: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 
Oct 5, 2018
1
0
510
Giro: 1. Dumoulin 2. Simon Yates 3. Bernal
Tour: 1. Froome 2. Thomas 3. Dumoulin
Green Sagan Polka Dots Alaphilippe White Mas
Vuelta: 1. Simon Yates 2. Froome 3. Lopez
Strade: Alaphilippe
MSR: Sagan
RVV: Van Avermaet
PR: Sagan
AGR: Kwiatkowski
FW: Alaphilippe
LBL: Gibbons
GDL: Nibali
Worlds Road: Sagan
Worlds ITT: Dumoulin
 
Very hard to say with a significant number of riders still to debut, I wanted to wait for UAE Tour but I fear a lot of GC riders will show themselves with maybe not even half decent form so I'll go.

Giro: 1. Roglič, 2. Dumoulin, 3. Yates S.

Tour: 1. Thomas, 2. Dumoulin, 3. Roglič
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dot jersey: Alaphilippe
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1. Yates S., 2. Pinot, 3. Kruijswijk

Strade: van Avermaet
Sanremo: Alaphilippe
Ronde: van Avermaet
Roubaix: Boasson Hagen
Amstel: Lutsenko
Flèche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Matthews
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Trentin
Worlds ITT: Thomas
 
Giro: 1 Nibali 2 Bernal 3 Dumoulin

Tour: 1 Thomas 2 Froome 3 Quintana
Green jersey: Sagan
Polka dots: Alaphilippe
White jersey: Mas

Vuelta: 1 Bernal 2 Yates 3 Lopez

Strade: Stybar
Sanremo: Ewan
Ronde: Terpstra
Roubaix: Sagan
Amstel: Kwiatkowski
Fleche: Alaphilippe
Liege: Nibali
Lombardia: Nibali
Worlds: Colbrelli
Worlds ITT: Dennis
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts