• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction 2021

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

RaceMarch predictionPre-race prediction
Strade Bianche (1 point)AERT
Milano-Sanremo (1 point)EWAN
Gent-Wevelgem (half a point)DEGENKOLB
Ronde van Vlaanderen (1 point)MVdP
Paris-Roubaix (1 point)AERT
Amstel Gold Race (half a point)PEDERSEN
La Flèche Wallonne (half a point)ALAPILIPPE
Liège-Bastogne-Liège (1 point)ALAPILIPPE
Giro winner (2/1 point)BERNAL
Giro podium 2 (2/1 point)PINOT
Giro podium 3 (2/1 point)LANDA
TDF winner (2/1 point)POGAXAR
TDF podium 2 (2/1 point)ROGLIC
TDF podium 3 (2/1 point)THOMAS
TDF - Green jersey (1 point)MATHEWS
TDF - White jersey (half a point)POGACAR
TDF Polka dot jersey (1 point)HIGUITA
OG Road Race (1 point)REMCO
OG Time Trial (1 point)GANNA
Vuelta winner (2/1 point)POGACAR
Vuelta podium 2 (2/1 point)REMCO
Vuelta podium 3 (2/1 point)CARAPAZ
WC Road Race (1 point)ROGLIC
WC TimeTrial (1 point)GANNA
Il Lombardia (1 point)BERNAL

pre race RVV = Aert

Reactions: Sandisfan
Harsh. Btw, didn't you state that the points rules would be the same as last year? I think we got podium points back then because otherwise I don't think we would have ever gotten close to 20. But I'm not quite sure.

I took a look at the numbers again, and there are 2 points for the exact place of the GT podium spots. So as I understand it you can for instance gain 4 points for the third place in the Giro, if you have it right in the long and short term. That can bring some good points quite fast. It actually makes the game quite GT-heavy... well, let's just do it that way... and if we aren't content with this way we can start next year's game earlier and discuss the points distribution.

I've also thought about the tie-breakers, and I suggest these:
  • most singular correct predictions
  • most GT winners correct
  • most different riders correct
What do you all think?

I took a look at the numbers again, and there are 2 points for the exact place of the GT podium spots. So as I understand it you can for instance gain 4 points for the third place in the Giro, if you have it right in the long and short term. That can bring some good points quite fast. It actually makes the game quite GT-heavy... well, let's just do it that way... and if we aren't content with this way we can start next year's game earlier and discuss the points distribution.

I've also thought about the tie-breakers, and I suggest these:
  • most singular correct predictions
  • most GT winners correct
  • most different riders correct
What do you all think?

Like the choices, although I think most monument correct picks might be a consideration.

Reactions: BlueRoads