• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction Game 2021 Women's Edition

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I haven't seen a full startlist yet, and you are of course all allowed to change your bets until the race, if you wish you to.

I haven't decided yet myself. My heart says Cille, while my brain says everyone but her. I rewatched the finale of Strade Bianche yesterday, and what I didn't realize during the race, was that she actually had distanced both van Vleuten and Vollering, but stopped pedalling just before the line, which may be why AvV could overtake her. So she isn't in bad shape, and she has fine support from Muzic and Cavalli, so perhaps she could finally get that WT win under her belt.

Will any of us ever actually score a point?

Põhja Konn came close with Voss in second, RhD had Uttrup in third in front of Libertine's Kasia in fourth.
Blueroads's Cecchini finished 20th, while my left hand pick Muzic didn't even cross the line. Luckily for all of us she then didn't score any points for the youth ranking either.

Next up is Gent-Wevelgem next Sunday. I dislike the discontinuation of the world's fastest three-days race, so we are not going to do that one.

Will any of us ever actually score a point?

Põhja Konn came close with Voss in second, RhD had Uttrup in third in front of Libertine's Kasia in fourth.
Blueroads's Cecchini finished 20th, while my left hand pick Muzic didn't even cross the line. Luckily for all of us she then didn't score any points for the youth ranking either.

Next up is Gent-Wevelgem next Sunday. I dislike the discontinuation of the world's fastest three-days race, so we are not going to do that one.
Aw, Panne actually turned out to be quite eventful after all - wind, splits, ditches, crashes, puntures, Grace Brown, another second for Emma etc.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
I've decided that the reason, Emma Norsgaard hasn't won yet, is because she has been wearing the Danish Championship jersey (I know she also wore the young rider's jersey during the Healthy Ageing Tour).
But in a road race she hasn't worn a blue jersey yet. That will finally change tomorrow, cause due to the weird rules of the WT Youth Ranking, she will be in the blue leader's jersey during Gent-Wevelgem.

That will obviously make the whole difference, so she is my pick for tomorrow. It's also more exciting if we root for five non-identical riders.

The weird rules being that the leader of the competition wears the jersey?

No, the rule apparently being that in the occurrence of a tie, the winner of the most recent race wears the jersey. Muzic finished 20th in Strade Bianche giving her six points, then Gigante took over the lead by finishing 23rd and scoring six points in Trofeo Alfredo Binda, before Norsgaard scored the six points in De Panne with her second place.

(The best young rider in a one-day race or in the GC of a stage race gets six points, the second-best gets four, and the third-best two. This also means that Muzic didn't score any points, when she won a stage in last year's Giro, but did get four points by finishing second behind Harvey in the youth competition. I've only now (possibly) understood the rules, so I'm not surprised if the riders aren't sure about them either, apart from Wiebes perhaps)

TRENDING THREADS