• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction Game 2021 Women's Edition

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok, I have worked out the system now. You're going to pick three riders for the GC battle. If one of them wins the Giro, you'll get 4 points, 2 points for a second place, 1.5 points for a third place, 4th or 5th place gives 1 point, and 6th-10th place equals half a point.

You can pick one rider for the QOM, one for the points classification and one for the youth classification. If your chosen rider wins the competition, you'll reveice one point.

On top of that you may pick another rider, who can not be one of those you've already picked for the race, who will be able to score you one point, if she manages to win a stage during the race (if she wins more than one, you won't get any additional points).

RacePre-race prediction
Giro - GC (three riders) (7.5 possible points)
Giro - Points jersey (1 point)
Giro - QOM (1 point)
Giro - Youth (1 point)
Giro - Stage Huntress (1 point)

That's a lot of daughters I'm going to have.

GC: Anna van der Breggen, Elisa Longo Borghini, Demi Vollering
QOM: Cecilie!
Youth: Juliette Labous
Stage Huntress: Emma Norsgaard

I think Labous is too old to win the youth classification.

RacePre-race prediction
Giro - GC (three riders) (7.5 possible points)Anna van der Breggen
Elisa Longo Borghini
Katrine Aalerud
Giro - Points jersey (1 point)Marianne Vos
Giro - QOM (1 point)Soraya Paladin
Giro - Youth (1 point)Évita Muzic
Giro - Stage Huntress (1 point)Lorena Wiebes

Last edited:
Samu and his weird rule changing...

RacePre-race prediction
Giro - GC (three riders) (7.5 possible points) Van Der Breggen, Vos, Uttrup
Giro - Points jersey (1 point)Wiebes
Giro - QOM (1 point)Muzic
Giro - Youth (1 point)Muzic
Giro - Stage Huntress (1 point)Norsgaard

I think Labous is too old to win the youth classification.
I was convinced she was a year younger than Harvey who won it last year, because she's a September birth and won it at age 22, but was caught off guard by the later date of the race due to the pandemic.

Let's keep it Antipodean and go with Niamh then, the TTT will stand in her favour vs. Muzic, who I'd like to win it.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca
RacePre-race prediction
Giro - GC (three riders) (7.5 possible points)Anna van der Breggen, Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig, Elisa Longo Borghini
Giro - Points jersey (1 point)Emma Norsgaard
Giro - QOM (1 point)Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig
Giro - Youth (1 point)Évita Muzic
Giro - Stage Huntress (1 point)Lorena Wiebes

BlueRoads is the only one still hunting a Stage Huntress point now that Emma and Lorena have both taken stages! Very interesting fight for the points jersey, Wiebes leading Rivera out today is bad for RedHeadDane, but Team Vos (me & Samu) vs. Team Norsgaard (BlueRoads & Põhja Konn) is shaping up to be a tag team battle and a half. Gaia Realini stands a very good chance of neutralising any gains in the youth classification. Most of us are losing potential points by going too heart-over-head for Cille and Elisa, neither of whom have been in optimal shape here. QOM is still wide open so hard to gauge other than that none of us have gone for a rider in the top 10 of the classification as of yesterday, despite my umming and ahhing over whether to pick Anna VDB for that too on the basis of expecting her to win both MTFs. Vollering in my GC podium is my potential trump card, it seems, as long as she can hold it together on Matajûr...

The fight for the QOM should be interesting with 45 possible points on offer tomorrow. Trek probably won't allow Chabbey to get into the break. Even if Brand makes it too, she's still a threat to Deignan in the GC. The QOM might be Canyon's best chance to get a big result now, so they might not allow Brand or Lippert to ride away either, meaning that riders like Paladin and Cille could have a good chance of entering the competition. But it will of course depend on how early a sticking break will be formed.

The fight for the QOM should be interesting with 45 possible points on offer tomorrow. Trek probably won't allow Chabbey to get into the break. Even if Brand makes it too, she's still a threat to Deignan in the GC. The QOM might be Canyon's best chance to get a big result now, so they might not allow Brand or Lippert to ride away either, meaning that riders like Paladin and Cille could have a good chance of entering the competition. But it will of course depend on how early a sticking break will be formed.
119139845_3326810624074035_9178818932412637230_o.jpg

Ok, so none of us correctly predicted the podium, the points classification nor the QOM. Libertine did get 2/3 of the podium right though as well as the white jersey (I should never have helped her :sweatsmile:) and has now taken a commanding lead.

Our next race is the Olympic RR in two weeks. The rules are still undetermined.

Giro ranking
Libertine Seguros 7.5 points
BlueRoads
5 points
Samu Cuenca 5 points
RedheadDane 5 points
Põhja Konn 5 points

Current standings
@Libertine Seguros 27.5
@BlueRoads 23
@Samu Cuenca 22
@Põhja Konn 22
@RedheadDane 20

For both the RR and the ITT you will choose three riders, but only the two best placed will be able to score you points, unless they all end up on the podium. A gold medal gives you 3 points, silver 2 points, there's 1 point for a bronze and 0.5 point for any other places in the top 10.

If you're extremely lucky you can score 18 points, if your riders end up sharing the gold medals.

Last edited:
For the RR and ITT you will choose three riders, but only the two best placed will be able to score you points, unless they all end up on the podium. A gold medal gives you 3 points, silver 2 points, there's 1 point for a bronze and 0.5 point for any other places in the top 10.

If you're extremely lucky you can score 18 points, if your riders end up sharing the gold medals.

Lol, what? Repeat slowly and clearly, please.

No, don't bother, I'll just pick three riders - wait, shall I pick three for each race or three that count for both?