• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction Game 2022 - Male edition

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Okay, let's try this and see if I can repeat my victory from a few years ago!

RaceEarly season predictionPre-race prediction
Omloop Het NieuwsbladVan AertVan Aert
Strade BiancheAlaphilippeAlaphilippe
Milano-SanremoVan AertVan Aert
Gent-WevelgemVan AertVan Aert
Ronde van VlaanderenVan AertVan der Poel
Amstel Gold RaceVan Aert
Paris-RoubaixVan Aert
La Flèche WallonneAlaphilippe
Liège-Bastogne-LiègePogacar
Eschborn-FrankfurtPhilipsen
Giro d'ItaliaCarapaz
Critérium du DauphinéRoglic
Tour de SuisseEvenepoel
Tour de France winnerPogacar
Tour de France podium place (1)Roglic
Tour de France podium place (2)Vingegaard
San SebastianAlaphilippe
La Vuelta a EspanaRoglic
Grand Prix QuébecColbrelli
World Champion Road RaceVan Aert
World Champion ITTGanna
Il LombardiaPogacar

Last edited:
If pre-race prediction is the same as early-season prediction we don't have to give it, right?

RaceEarly season predictionPre-race prediction
Omloop Het NieuwsbladVan Aert
Strade BianchePidcock
Milano-SanremoEwan
Gent-WevelgemAsgreen
Ronde van VlaanderenVan Aert
Amstel Gold RaceVan Aert
Paris-RoubaixVan der Poel
La Flèche WallonneAlaphilippe
Liège-Bastogne-LiègePogacar
Eschborn-FrankfurtPhilipsen
Giro d'ItaliaCarapaz
Critérium du DauphinéRoglic
Tour de SuisseEvenepoel
Tour de France winnerPogacar
Tour de France podium place (1)Roglic
Tour de France podium place (2)Vingegaard
San SebastianAlaphilippe
La Vuelta a EspanaRoglic
Grand Prix QuébecSagan
World Champion Road RaceVan Aert
World Champion ITTEvenepoel
Il LombardiaPogacar

Somehow I lost my first post with a ton of research and now just took it all out of my ass and hope I had time before Omloop started.

Race​
Early season prediction​
Pre-race prediction​
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad​
Wout Van Aert​
Strade Bianche​
Pidcock​
Alaphilippe​
Milano-Sanremo​
Wout Van Aert​
Gent-Wevelgem​
Wout Van Aert​
Wout Van Aert​
Ronde van Vlaanderen​
Pogacar​
Amstel Gold Race​
MVDP​
Paris-Roubaix​
Wout Van Aert​
MVDP​
La Flèche Wallonne​
Alaphilippe​
Martinez​
Liège-Bastogne-Liège​
Alaphilippe​
Eschborn-Frankfurt​
Biniam Girmay​
Giro d'Italia​
Carapaz​
Critérium du Dauphiné​
Vingegaard​
Roglic​
Tour de Suisse​
Caruso​
Daniel Martinez​
Tour de France winner​
Pogacar​
Tour de France podium place (1)​
Roglic​
Tour de France podium place (2)​
Vingegaard​
San Sebastian​
Valverde​
Pogacar​
La Vuelta a Espana​
Roglic​
Roglic​
Grand Prix Québec​
Mohoric:cryingcat:
World Champion Road RaceWout Van AertMVDP
World Champion ITTGanna
Il Lombardia​
Roglic​

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Come back! We need you :(

No you don't, you can do this :)

So after calming down I want to say sorry to everyone, especially johnymax, I totally lost it this morning. My skin's really thin at the moment, so it's better I step away for a while.

But that doesn't mean this game cannot go on! I think the rules were pretty clear, if you want to of course you can change them now, anyway, I'm sure you'll find a new manager. Have fun!

So after calming down I want to say sorry to everyone, especially johnymax, I totally lost it this morning. My skin's really thin at the moment, so it's better I step away for a while.

But that doesn't mean this game cannot go on! I think the rules were pretty clear, if you want to of course you can change them now, anyway, I'm sure you'll find a new manager. Have fun!

*Hugs *
Come back when you can.

I'm with you on the thin skin right now. I do everything I can to just forget about it to cope right now. You're not alone. <3 (hugs)

We are still missing you. The season has started properly now, Paris Nice and Tirreno are in full flight, and there are threads that need your retorts!

We all hope that BR returns to the forum one day, but since she's wasn't really all that interested in actually hosting the game at any point, but simply wanted the game to carry on, it's only fair that other members take over for the rest of the season to fulfill her wish.

I have nominated myself to add up the scores after Milano-Sanremo, and then I propose that someone else does it after the next race or few races, and that a third person then does it the next time and so on, until we reach Lombardia. Since I'm already in charge of my own game, which I can only barely manage ;), I'm not interested in taking full control of this game as well, and it feels like no one else really wants to either, but if we take turns in keeping track of the progression, the workload will be eased for the person in charge.

So for everyone who still wants to participate, you have until tomorrow morning, Italian time, to update your predictions for MSR.

I've finished calculating the scores, and SafeBet has taken an early lead.
Some players might have lost points because they thought the game was dead, but hopefully they still want to continue in the competition.

Standings after the first three races of the 2022 Prediction Game (from now on also known as the BlueRoads Super Prestige)

We all hope that BR returns to the forum one day, but since she's wasn't really all that interested in actually hosting the game at any point, but simply wanted the game to carry on, it's only fair that other members take over for the rest of the season to fulfill her wish.

I have nominated myself to add up the scores after Milano-Sanremo, and then I propose that someone else does it after the next race or few races, and that a third person then does it the next time and so on, until we reach Lombardia. Since I'm already in charge of my own game, which I can only barely manage ;), I'm not interested in taking full control of this game as well, and it feels like no one else really wants to either, but if we take turns in keeping track of the progression, the workload will be eased for the person in charge.

So for everyone who still wants to participate, you have until tomorrow morning, Italian time, to update your predictions for MSR.
I'll manage the next update if it's OK for everyone.

TRENDING THREADS