• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prediction Game

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Glad I checked to see if the game was still on...:D

Thanks so much El Imbatido & whoever else is helping out.

Also - I agree that the 75pts is a great idea for new "racers".

Good luck everyone. Vive Le Tour!!

Ok guys please remember to send me your overall picks for the tour before the start of the first prologue/tt stage and ,also remember thatstage picks must be in 24 hours before the stage begins even if the previous stage is not finished. The stages are:

El Imbatido said:
Stage 3
Stage 7
Stage 15
Stage 18 (ITT)
Stage 20

wheels55 said:
Glad I checked to see if the game was still on...:D

Thanks so much El Imbatido & whoever else is helping out.

Also - I agree that the 75pts is a great idea for new "racers".

Good luck everyone. Vive Le Tour!!

Don't thank me yet, this hasn't even got off the ground yet. Also for all new people wanting to play, this is a season long prediction game not a 3 week tour de france tipping comp. So if anyone new does want to play read the first post of this thread but please send your tips to me.

Cheers and happy tipping.;)

The original post has now been updated with all the relevant new information.
Merckx said he will still update the front page for us. So please look to the front page for peoples tips once the tour starts.

Please hurry up and send me your tips for the tour de france overalls. Remember you get two picks for each catagory besides the best team which you only get one

Good luck and happy tipping:)

I don't think that's wise. F.i. people who bet on Ricco last year didn't get their money back, not even a change to pick up someone else as well...
Well.. what if they would find out just before the last stage the overall leader doped? Whom would you pick up? Of course, the next one in the standings:)

Thanks to Merckx for updating the front page with everyones overall picks:) I made it easy for him so he only had to cut and paste and not do all the work himself.

So all the overalls are up. Lookkg386, Marshan, R. Forster and Brandon.T did not tip. I will allow them to tip for overalls until the end of stage 3 BUT they will only get ONE pick for each overall position. So ONE GC pick, ONE KOM pick, ONE Points pick and ONE Young rider pick but they can still choose the best team. So they wont have any backup pick. If anyone has a problem with this please say something so we can come up with a better plan. I thought this was fair as having no overalls could be a giant loss of points (if you pick good you could easily score over 100). The opposite was seen in the Dauphine picking as a couple of players didnt even get 20 points. Some players nearly scored 60 points and it was an 8 day tour with only tipping on one stage. So i could be a possibility to almost get over 200 points, which would completely rocket you up the leader board

We have two new players CampagChris & TimmyLovesRabo have joined and as was discussed a few pages back in this thread they will start with 75 points. If they tip good they could easily make up some ground.

So let the Tour begin and happy tipping:D

Front page has been updated, so new tallyboard is up. The only major changes were Bluebeard who moved up past the guys who didnt pick at all and Wheels55 who has just nosed past Kazistuta and Peloton by 1 point. Other than that most people got the same points. Congrats to Cosette and Wheels55 who was the only ones to get Cavendish and Hushovd in the right positions. So Cosette and Wheels55 were the highest scorers with 16 points.

I choose stage 3 because by looking at the profile i would have bet my house on it being an all out bunch sprint. But i guess as they say 'the house always wins.':D

Remember to tip for stage 7:)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Maybe the majority of the contestants is still inclined to send in their picks after the preceding stage, even though you requested otherwise...

Hope it's not too much of a hassle for you either way...

ingsve said:
Without looking at what riders people picked I'm guessing this will be an easy stage to calculate...

Yeah Ingsve your right, no one got anything for the stage, so the leader board stays the same.

Please tip for stage 15 asap, i only have about 5 peoples tips so far, so it looks like they will clean up in the points.:eek:

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Lance needs to get off his dittie box and attack Contador on Tuesday. Lance is the one with the indomitable spirit. God Bless America.

The new tallyboard is up on the original post. Few things happened after the stage 15 tips.

- 180mm Crank has extended his lead
- Quite afew people have moved up the leaderboard. ie. Kazistuta, Wheels55. Most scored 13 or 16 points. A couple of people got over 20. Can't remember without checking though.
- The guys who didnt tip for the stage and for overalls are as Paul Sherwen would say "Going out the back door". I'll pm them after the tour and see if they still want to play.

Make sure you tip for the stage 18 ITT. Should be easier to tip than some of the other stages. The key word being "should".

"flahute" said:
Ive tried for over an hour to send you a pm with predictions on for stage 18 if I can't send it tomorrow will just post it here.
ta

I haven't got anything in my inbox from you. So obviously something is wrong at your end. You could always try sending me a visitor message, if you want some sort of privacy