• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Presidential Cycling Tour of Turkey 2011

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sylvester said:
Second today, only beaten by Greipel. Nobody knows this guy?

Basque. Something of an all-rounder - able to clock 32nd in the GC of País Vasco, but packs a decent sprint. Not much of a climber, but could reasonably be placed in the mould of riders like Rojas, who can place in sprints after quite tough stages. Caja Rural tend to put their sprinting cards behind Aitor Galdos and Joaquín Sobrino more. There really isn't too much to go on with Egoitz I'm afraid.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
Nice work Greipel you did it the old fashioned way. How much has he won this yr? Peterson what happened? This is a crazy race.

This was Greipel's 3rd win of the year. Last year he had 10 by the end of the Tour of Turkey, but he's going all-out for the Tour this year so it isn't really a fair comparison.

I see some folks in another thread are saying they don't find this racing interesting.
While, this edition hasn't been as exciting as 2008/9, how man stage races find themselves with a new race leader after every stage?

Some of the problem has stemmed from the shorter tv coverage which has meant we have missed almost all of the climbing and therefore the attacks.

Case in point. NO live coverage at all today. Ice skating.........lovely.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
God, this is dull.

Can somebody enlighten me as to why Andalucía-Caja Granada are doing the work on the front?

Cause Davide Rebellin is going to punch all the sprinters in the kidney in the final 3km.

Guardini's going to the Giro.

I'm going to start using him as a guide to how dull a race is, since he gets dropped on climbs Van Hummel and Napolitano can manage.

Therefore, this stage was garbage.

I can't understand a word of Turkish. They seemed to think van Hummel had it but he went too soon.

1 Guardini
2 Van Hummel
3 Farrar
4 Greipel
5 Petacchi
6 LS Haedo
7 Van Dijk
8 Bouhanni
9 Modolo
10 Davis

Libertine Seguros said:
Guardini's going to the Giro.

I'm going to start using him as a guide to how dull a race is, since he gets dropped on climbs Van Hummel and Napolitano can manage.

Therefore, this stage was garbage.

I can't understand a word of Turkish. They seemed to think van Hummel had it but he went too soon.

1 Guardini
2 Van Hummel
3 Farrar
4 Greipel
5 Petacchi
6 LS Haedo
7 Van Dijk
8 Bouhanni
9 Modolo
10 Davis

The profile for today made it looks like it was made for your entertainment - you must be shocked and disappointed to see so many sprinters in the top 10.

And to think you might have had a day in the sunshine if only you'd known, rather than being left sad and only able to complain, which you don't enjoy in the slightest.

I got totally fooled by not looking at the scale on the profile.

Sprint stages can be interesting if they put enough obstacles to make it uncertain or to throw the trains off their game. Earlier stages in this race did a passable job of this.

But if Guardini can make it to the finish untroubled, then you haven't put anything resembling an obstacle in the course.

TRENDING THREADS