• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Presidential) Cycling Tour of Turkey [April 11th-April18th 2021]

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Okay, I can see the idea of having a person with a sign indicating why a rider is heading backstage (stage win or some jersey). However, when the same rider has multiple things - as is always the case after the first stage - it gets a bit much.
Maybe the the little sign-runners just really like running with their signs.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
It seemed to me from the video I saw that Cavendish was slowed by the chaos in the chaos in the final corner, but at this point, cannot gain ground on the top sprinters but can only hold position, which is a lot more than people expected of his this year, but means he'll need perfect positioning plus a bit of luck to win a stage: perfect position plus the top sprinters out of position.

It seemed to me from the video I saw that Cavendish was slowed by the chaos in the chaos in the final corner, but at this point, cannot gain ground on the top sprinters but can only hold position, which is a lot more than people expected of his this year, but means he'll need perfect positioning plus a bit of luck to win a stage: perfect position plus the top sprinters out of position.
Fortunately for him, there aren't any top sprinters in Turkey right now, except perhaps for Philipsen

The DQS lead out fell apart about 4kms out and didn't manage to reform before that succession of corners in the last km. The finishing straight was very short and basically the only people who got through those bends unimpeded were the 4 or so who were at the front. I don't think there was time for anybody else to recover ground from the last corner.

Is it the same finish today? Will be interesting to see how they handle it this time.

Clipboard.jpg

TRENDING THREADS