• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Presidential) Cycling Tour of Turkey [April 11th-April18th 2021]

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great race today.

I'm starting to become a fan of Norwegian team Uno-X.

It may just be the orange jerseys, which make them very visible in the peloton, but it seems they are quite active in every race they are invited to, and often part of the finale.

I would not at all be surprised, if the Giro decided to grant them the wild card, that has become available after Vini Zabu dropping out today..... but RCS being Italian, it might of course be EOLO-Kometa instead.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Great race today.

I'm starting to become a fan of Norwegian team Uno-X.

It may just be the orange jerseys, which make them very visible in the peloton, but it seems they are quite active in every race they are invited to, and often part of the finale.

I would not at all be surprised, if the Giro decided to grant them the wild card, that has become available after Vini Zabu dropping out today..... but RCS being Italian, it might of course be EOLO-Kometa instead.
It was pretty obvious that Androni Giocattoli was going to get the wild card which was announced a couple of hours ago already.

Great racing today. Why is every stage not like this. Come on Tour of Turkey!

Unfortunately they seem to often plan the race in the western part of Turkey, and on the southwestern coast, which is more populous and wealthy...... but also a lot flatter.

I guess it makes sense, as Turkey is a massive country and it's only a 1 week race.

In the eastern part of Turkey, there is a lot of massive mountains.

• Sad
Unfortunately they seem to often plan the race in the western part of Turkey, and on the southwestern coast, which is more populous and wealthy...... but also a lot flatter.

I guess it makes sense, as Turkey is a massive country and it's only a 1 week race.

In the eastern part of Turkey, there is a lot of massive mountains.

Yes but you think that with only 1 week of racing you would want them to be exciting.

So. Welcome to pro cycling! Very nice 2nd place for Alpecin's Zwift-neo.
Good strength. The tactics need a bit of work, but he's clearly got the physical side of it down pat. Most of the way he really came across like he might become one of 'those' riders. You know, the ones who are always right on the rivet at that perfect level of strength that enables them to respond to attacks but without being strong enough to come around the rider in front of them at any point. The adherents of the Zubeldarian Church of Saint Haimar the Placid. He seemed really at ease when Astana were setting up, and he was quick to respond to every attack, but then he just sat on Kudus long after it was to his benefit and no matter how many times and different ways Kudus tried to appeal for collaboration. And then, once the lead over the chasing duo was conceded, he decided it was time he came to the front at the worst possible moment, at the point where it was clear they were going to swallow Charmig up, and he wound up being made to lead out, which I'm sure he'll learn from in time. He at least didn't waste all his energy on pointless attacks before he could use the evidently great legs for the day he had to make them count, so he's ahead of a lot of riders in that respect already.

First time André has actually looked like he could win in a long time. Problem is that he still didn’t actually win and he’s not going to be better positioned too often. It’s very tough to get around a problem like just not being fast enough any more.

Nice win for Philipsen. He doesn’t get to start too many stage races where on paper he’s the top sprinter and I think he’d be quite annoyed not to bag at least one win.

TRENDING THREADS