• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Primož Roglič

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This has probably been posted here already, but this aero sensor, if it does what it claims, probably does confer a huge advantage, and can plausibly help explain jv's ability to make anyone a tt monster:

tldr: real world, real time feedback on aerodynamics of one's position. Can be used to fine tune position in advance or even give live feedback on how well you're holding an aero position.

Obv this is in addition to sauce not instead of it.

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site
He was certainly very quick, what really raised eyebrows today was the benefit that he must have got from catching Asgreen and Almeida, it was in the sectors where he gained the most time too.

Even ignoring the televised coverage of the two or three of them riding a team TT you've also got the extra two chase cars to draft and have a little rest as you approach them.

Does look a bit shady when you've put over a minute into the next four best time trialists and they're within mere seconds of each other.

Reactions: Riek s and proffate
Kuss could undo all their power in his turn on a TTT.

In the Tour de France, a team time trial used to take the finishing time for the 5th rider to cross the line. So "hypothetically" speaking if there is going to be a TTT in next year's Tour, I'm going to assume Sepp Kuss won't be a factor "if" Jumbo bring all their heavy hitters mentioned above (i.e. Kuss could get dropped & it wouldn't impact the overall performance as long as the main guys are all together as a five rider team).

But due to Jumbo's insane strength in TT, I'd say the chances of a team time trial next year are remote, especially over a long distance. Prudhomme won't want to give them a head start.

Reactions: JosefK
He was certainly very quick, what really raised eyebrows today was the benefit that he must have got from catching Asgreen and Almeida, it was in the sectors where he gained the most time too.

Even ignoring the televised coverage of the two or three of them riding a team TT you've also got the extra two chase cars to draft and have a little rest as you approach them.

Does look a bit shady when you've put over a minute into the next four best time trialists and they're within mere seconds of each other.

Sure, it helped, but the race was already won when he caught Asgreen.

Reactions: JosefK
Okay, I was curious to see whether Primoz's Clinic thread would get some action after today's Olympics TT performance, and there's some discussion--seems reasonable. This was Roglič's all-time best TT performance, I think. --Dominant also, with a solid minute back to 2nd place. But it doesn't seem to be as unexpected as Pogi's 2020 TDF TT explosion. Or maybe I've just gotten desensitized.

Reactions: Luthor
Okay, I was curious to see whether Primoz's Clinic thread would get some action after today's Olympics TT performance, and there's some discussion--seems reasonable. This was Roglič's all-time best TT performance, I think. --Dominant also, with a solid minute back to 2nd place. But it doesn't seem to be as unexpected as Pogi's 2020 TDF TT explosion. Or maybe I've just gotten desensitized.

It's not even close to that Pogi's TT imho. That TT was at the end of 3 week race and he obliterated La Planche des Belles Filles climb (with important point that he wasn't known as a TT guy at this time, maybe good against other GC contenders but not to win TDF TT).
Today was longer course and Roglic was simply the only one of the favorites who didn't fade in 2nd lap (all the climbing took a toll on heavier TT guys). And he already has many WT TT wins with 2nd WC TT on his palmares, so hardly unexpected. His unknown effect of injury and bad OG road race made him slip on peopel's top favorite list for TT, but on course like that he would always be among top favorites.

Reactions: Luthor and JosefK
Roglic getting one back on Domoulin for out doping him at Bergen ITT 2017.

I don't understand why people are saying he benefitted from drafting behind slower riders Asgreen and Almeida - he wouldn't have risked a DQ to slow down for a few seconds rest, anyway didn't he pass Asgreen going uphill first? In any case, he was already way ahead of the lesser doped riders by then - it's quite shocking that Slovenian cyclists are doing all this in full public view at the biggest events in the sport, they really are taking the piss.

Roglic getting one back on Domoulin for out doping him at Bergen ITT 2017.

I don't understand why people are saying he benefitted from drafting behind slower riders Asgreen and Almeida - he wouldn't have risked a DQ to slow down for a few seconds rest, anyway didn't he pass Asgreen going uphill first? In any case, he was already way ahead of the lesser doped riders by then - it's quite shocking that Slovenian cyclists are doing all this in full public view at the biggest events in the sport, they really are taking the piss.
more or less shocking than someone registering on this forum cause she/he was not happy a poster made a Sam Bennet clinic thread ?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS