Primož Roglič

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The red flag for me is not how good he is, but how good he’s been for such a sustained period this year. It’s like the laws of fatigue and recovery just don’t apply to him. I think his capitulation at the Tour was mental rather than physical...he just seemed to lose the plot when the time splits against Pogacar heaped the pressure on him.
But he was straight back on it...Worlds, LBL and now this level at the Vuelta. Insane

Does not help constructive discussion and The Clinic being worth reading.
Right. After reading the previous messages I have come to realize that I'm in an academic forum populated by experts on doping in sports. Silly me.
You have every right to not like what I'm saying. That's fine. But the slap- on- the- wrist -don't misbehave -in -church bit is a bit much. Until there are specific rules stating that one cannot make a silly joke in these hallowed halls, I'm afraid you're gonna have to suck it up, buttercup.
Also, while playing the role of hallway monitor, you missed the fact that I posed questions that I consider to potentially lead to "constructive discussion." Go back and have a look-see.

Last edited:
Right. After reading the previous messages I have come to realize that I'm in an academic forum populated by experts on doping in sports. Silly me.
You have every right to not like what I'm saying. That's fine. But the slap- on- the- wrist -don't misbehave -in -church bit is a bit much. Until there are specific rules stating that one cannot make a silly joke in these hallowed halls, I'm afraid you're gonna have to suck it up, buttercup.
Also, while playing the role of hallway monitor, you missed the fact that I posed questions that I consider to potentially be "constructive discussion." Go back and have a look-see.
I'm not telling you what you may or may not post, I'm answering your question about what this kind of talk does not help with.

The red flag for me is not how good he is, but how good he’s been for such a sustained period this year. It’s like the laws of fatigue and recovery just don’t apply to him. I think his capitulation at the Tour was mental rather than physical...he just seemed to lose the plot when the time splits against Pogacar heaped the pressure on him.
But he was straight back on it...Worlds, LBL and now this level at the Vuelta. Insane
It's...amazing, I agree. He gapped the field yesterday in the last 100 meters of an uphill finish.

But a few points in Roglic's favor (not that he's clean, but not less clean...): He was arguably the best GC stage racer last year so you'd expect him to do well this year; he was able to train outside through quarantine in Slovenia, maybe the perfect training site; all the TdF riders did well at the WC an LBL; he's had the strongest team in both the Tour and the Vuelta; and the competition in the Vuelta is pretty weak once you get past Carapaz; and finally this year has been compressed into 3 months, more or less.

another question is whether he is better this year than last. I'm no so sure about that. he was on an absolute tear before the Giro, nearly won that, then took a break and stomped the Vuelta.

ASK THE COMMUNITY