• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Primus Classic 2021 (September 18)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Really curious what would have happened if Stuyven had not chased this move down with Honore and van der sande. Normally there should be no chance that honore outsprints him, so no point in taking turns for him and vds probably would not have lead all the way to the line. So my guess is this would have come back without Stuyven having to do as much work as he did.

Reactions: postmanhat
Really curious what would have happened if Stuyven had not chased this move down with Honore and van der sande. Normally there should be no chance that honore outsprints him, so no point in taking turns for him and vds probably would not have lead all the way to the line. So my guess is this would have come back without Stuyven having to do as much work as he did.
Big gamble though that those two don't just ride clear, then he's no chance at all of the win. I think he had little choice but to close gaps, even though he clearly paid for that in the end.

He didn't give himself a shot there, he emptied his legs. He should've gambled on QS not being sure Honore could beat Vandersande in a sprint (which they weren't) and Senechal closing it down eventually.
You may be right, but with less on the line here than a bigger classic, I’d see a rider hammer to get back in the thick of things, especially given he likelihood that Senechal wouldn’t budge and then they have 0% chance of winning.

Unlucky VdP. I’d have given him the biggest chance of everyone had he reached the final with the group. He still doesn’t look 100% though. Hope he can get those small percentages in the next few days.

We need a top VdP for the WC. He’s one of the very few who could genuinely challenge a top Wout.
Probably not going to get a 100% MVDP. 100% MVDP does more than genuinely challenge 100% WVA - he beats him 7 of 10. We'll see next Sunday.

TRENDING THREADS