• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
So I've been trawling through this thread trying to find an answer but it's taking forever, Im playinging pcm 09 and was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble after playing for quite a few seasons (up to July 2015) and there not being enough younger riders come through? It seams to me that there are not as many riders under 25 as initially and young riders seam to have their stats stacked towards their speciality, ie tt will have really bad mountains or stage racers will only have good Mt, recovery and tt but horrible everything else, do I just need to use a downloaded data base as I'm currently using the standard one? And will any solutions affect my current campaign game?

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
bubblegum said:
So I've been trawling through this thread trying to find an answer but it's taking forever, Im playinging pcm 09 and was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble after playing for quite a few seasons (up to July 2015) and there not being enough younger riders come through? It seams to me that there are not as many riders under 25 as initially and young riders seam to have their stats stacked towards their speciality, ie tt will have really bad mountains or stage racers will only have good Mt, recovery and tt but horrible everything else, do I just need to use a downloaded data base as I'm currently using the standard one? And will any solutions affect my current campaign game?

the pcm daily database would be the best one to download, but you'll have to restart your career (as with any other database).

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Playing pcm 2010 today, I find the bit after you win quite amusing, I said the victory was thanks to the teams work so frank schelck has bought a bottle of bubbly to celebrate :S........ i hope he will be ok for the next stage...

might upgrade to 2011 soon

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
hehehe just beat dan martin on the line with schleck in a mountain sprint, martin had his arms in the air cheering and I got him at the last second..

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
After months of debating on whether to buy or not PCM 2011. I pulled the trigger. Iwas a little concerned I wouldn't be able to play it on my laptop. But so far, so good. So much smoother than the last version I had, if that makes sense. (2009).

Choose a carreer with Movistar, starting at Tour Down Under (provisional, as I need to download the patch and some decent db when I get home by the weekend). First thing I notice is the importance to be well placed. I absolutely suck at sprints and now they seem even harder for me. If you're to behind on the start of a climb...no chance to do anything.

Stage into willunga hill brought shinier days though. I attacked with ivan gutierrez on the base of the hill (1st lap) and he was able to join Dominic Klemme and Pablo Urtasun. Then Kyrienka went on the base of the hill (2nd lap) to join the leading trio. Vasil would attack again on the descent and take the stage (and eventually the overall).

Switched from normal to Hard. Played last stage and another nice surprise. Placed Rojas third in line inside the 15 km and attacked with him on a small top within the circuit. He managed to stay away and take yet another stage for Movistar!

All in all. I hope this trend sticks. It was very hard to get a break to stay away on PCM 2009 (from my experience with the game ofc. There's always the chance I was doing something wrong:eek:)

It's much easier to have a break stay away in PCM 2011.

In my 2012 career with GreenEdge (PCM daily 2012 db). I managed to win 4 stages from a breakaway in the Vuelta with Impey on Hard :p
Plus many other breakaway stages. It's much better, but still not easy ofcourse. At least it's not impossible like in PCM 2009.

Now I started as LTK Brandenburg because GreenEdge wasn't a challenge with so many sprinters there.
Boy...brandenburg suck

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
pcm0103.png

2012 Giro route, good battle with Scarponi and Rodriguez (who lost time in the 3rd week). Rujano lost some time in the first week and then ran riot in the third week, blew it to pieces early on in both the Pampeago and Stelvio stages and took enough time to get himself onto the podium as well as the mountains jersey.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
i should start playing this again.

Today I got the tour de france game for ps3 online for $20.
cheap enough, sure it will suck tho :eek:

I'd have to say its quite decent and very enjoyable. You will sure enjoy it ;)

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
bah, on the flat stage beforethe first mountain in the 2011 tdf andy broke his kneecap, disaster for leopard, I will have to rely on frank now, who broke his hip in the lbl....... and still isnt in good fitness :S

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
won the tour with frank with only 6 seconds over contador :S

Might try a career with rabobank, I feel bad with all the criticism they are getting on the forum and it would be funny to see them win :S

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
palmerq said:
won the tour with frank with only 6 seconds over contador :S

Might try a career with rabobank, I feel bad with all the criticism they are getting on the forum and it would be funny to see them win :S

:cool:

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Im saving PCM for when the season starts. Then during those long 100km of coverage stages during The GIro Tour, and various stage races Ill be playing PCM while listening to commentators and just look up on screen when something happens.

Do you have Eurosport, or will it be when Phil says "and here are the big heads of state" for the millionth time that makes you lift your head?

I read about this, and have always been a big fan of sports games (FM/FIFA junkie). Is it worth getting, and should I get '10 for £7.99, or '11 for £14.99? I don't much mind which year I play in, so it's about gameplay first, with a slight bias towards 2011 for being more recent. That and value for money :p

Caruut said:
Do you have Eurosport, or will it be when Phil says "and here are the big heads of state" for the millionth time that makes you lift your head?

I read about this, and have always been a big fan of sports games (FM/FIFA junkie). Is it worth getting, and should I get '10 for £7.99, or '11 for £14.99? I don't much mind which year I play in, so it's about gameplay first, with a slight bias towards 2011 for being more recent. That and value for money :p

ES. And if I didnt, well Phil only commentates on a small part of the races I watch.