• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
it's 2014 so it's the last year :eek:

last time i had to get a new sponsor when i finally got one the day i got the news i could sign a new contract with the sponsor the game crashed and i lost 3 seasons worth of gaming :(

it was on PCM 2011 tho.

oh and i forgot about my 2 riders that were already on the team and are pretty nice doms, de la cruz ( he won the best young rider of this years volta a portugal, the real one not the game one) and a polish guy caled karol domagalski or something like that.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
it's 2014 so it's the last year :eek:

last time i had to get a new sponsor when i finally got one the day i got the news i could sign a new contract with the sponsor the game crashed and i lost 3 seasons worth of gaming :(

it was on PCM 2011 tho.

oh and i forgot about my 2 riders that were already on the team and are pretty nice doms, de la cruz ( he won the best young rider of this years volta a portugal, the real one not the game one) and a polish guy caled karol domagalski or something like that.

Well for convience then I would just edit the sponsor end - date.

Get Lachi Editor from here if you dont have it already :

http://pcmdaily.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=892

Open your save-game in it. In select table : go to Dyn_sponsor and click that.

Then find your sponsor Caja Rural.

Find gene_i_contract_end and just replace the date 2014 to something else, such as 2016.

Then click ''export to CDB'' and overwrite your save.

And voila. Caja rural should be your sponsor till 2016.

Btw, if you don't know how / or just general play with editor and the save etc. I can do it for you if you send me the save-game ;)

ya i know how to do that i just actually wanted to play by the sponsor rule of having spanish riders :p

i think i will create a copy of my saved game and prelong the caja rural contract on that saved game and keep going till the end of the season with the current game if it crashes or something like that all i have to do is go back to the old saved game.

that should work right?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
ya i know how to do that i just actually wanted to play by the sponsor rule of having spanish riders :p

i think i will create a copy of my saved game and prelong the caja rural contract on that saved game and keep going till the end of the season with the current game if it crashes or something like that all i have to do is go back to the old saved game.

that should work right?

Yep.

But just to say, not sure you know but PCM does weekly saves of carrers :p So if it crashes, you can go one week back to the save and play it again, instead of going back months away :p

Weekly Saves are in this folder :

My Documents\Pro Cycling Manager 2012\WeeklySaves\''Username''

Voila :p :)

you can increase the amount of riders a country/region (from pcm 11 the game goes by region rather than country) by changing gene_i_weight in sta_region.

how heavier the weight, the more riders the country will produce. Notice this weight is relative to the absolute weight of all regions combined...

oh and last season i spotted a portuguese u23 rider getting some nice results on the belgian one day races and since i am biased and everything i decided to fully sponsor him (roster was already full for next season)

time went on and completely forgot about him but today when i was looking around for my national team selection i noticed him and his grades were pretty surprising:

SemTtulo-16.png

should i hire him? i think i will as at 73 he would be my second best rider for the cobbles after marko kump (lol caja rural), i just hope he has some margin for endurance so he could be useful on longer races

there is no max, you can increase the weight (which will also change the absolute weight, but what's important is relative weight)

for example

situation a

spain 50
italy 50
germany 50
holland 50
belgiume 50
---
list of countries with lower
-
san marino 1

SMR will generate maybe 1,2 or 3 riders, not more
Holland/italy/spain will all generate between a certain number, depending on weight of other countries, but lets say between 100-110 (for instance)

situation 2

Spain 80
Holland 50
Belgium 50
Italy 70
--
list of countries
-
San marino 1

in this case spain will generate more riders than holland, belgium or italy, as their weight is higher, however in this situation

situation 3

Spain 80
-> but absolute weight the same because there is 30 weight less for another country -> spain will generate even more talents, because it's relative weight to absolute weight has risen even more..

Ok, with that new 2006 DB i finally got really drawn into PCM 2012.

Must say, now that I got used to the controls and new interface, I must say PCM 2012 is easier somehow.
Especially in the classics...

I used to really struggle to win classics in PCM 2011, even with top riders. Now I eased to the win with Flecha in Roubaix and Flanders. Won Gent Wevelgem with Freire. And even won the Amstel Gold Race with T.Dekker (77 hill vs guys with 81/82 hill), and finished 2nd in Fleche Wallone with him as well.
In PCM 2011 even with a 80+ hill guy I'd struggle to top 3/top 5...

Aside from that also won Volta a Catalunya and now I'm winning Romandie.
Time to go extreme I guess.. :confused: Otherwise I'd might win the Giro with Ardila and the Tour with Menchov or Rasmussen :p
Also fun to see Ullrich and RoboBasso back in action. And the amazing antics of the Kazach fun duo Kashechkin/Vinokourov. And the German Dopehead triangle Kessler/Sinkewitz/Schumacher..

Worst part is LBL/AGR top 10 though, full of dopers.. my own T.Dekker, Di Luca, Valverde, Rebellin, F. Schleck, Sinkewitz, Kessler it never ends :D The ardennes classics must have had one of the worst charger top 10's in the 90-ties and 00-07 era after the TDF

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ok, with that new 2006 DB i finally got really drawn into PCM 2012.

Must say, now that I got used to the controls and new interface, I must say PCM 2012 is easier somehow.
Especially in the classics...

I used to really struggle to win classics in PCM 2011, even with top riders. Now I eased to the win with Flecha in Roubaix and Flanders. Won Gent Wevelgem with Freire. And even won the Amstel Gold Race with T.Dekker (77 hill vs guys with 81/82 hill), and finished 2nd in Fleche Wallone with him as well.
In PCM 2011 even with a 80+ hill guy I'd struggle to top 3/top 5...

Aside from that also won Volta a Catalunya and now I'm winning Romandie.
Time to go extreme I guess.. :confused: Otherwise I'd might win the Giro with Ardila and the Tour with Menchov or Rasmussen :p
Also fun to see Ullrich and RoboBasso back in action. And the amazing antics of the Kazach fun duo Kashechkin/Vinokourov. And the German Dopehead triangle Kessler/Sinkewitz/Schumacher..

Worst part is LBL/AGR top 10 though, full of dopers.. my own T.Dekker, Di Luca, Valverde, Rebellin, F. Schleck, Sinkewitz, Kessler it never ends :D The ardennes classics must have had one of the worst charger top 10's in the 90-ties and 00-07 era after the TDF

I became 2nd in the giro first year with ac, but the tour is almost impossible to beat Ulle (perhaps with roboBasso you cna have a slight chance) so do not go to extreme yet ;)

TRENDING THREADS