• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Proof of an Intelligent Creator and His purpose

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I hope you will find this text interesting.
According to science our universe (space-time) has a beginning (http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/9403004).This paper is written by the cosmologist Alexander Vilenkin of the Tufts university and Arvind Bonde.)

It is a fundamental law of physics (causality) that every physical occurrence in the universe has a cause. Since space-time has a beginning there was a first physical occurrence. Causality requires that the first physical occurrence had a cause. Causality and the fact that space-time has a beginning implies that this Prime Cause is non-dimensional and independent of space-time, i.e. a Creator.

To conclude the above paragraphs:
Fact: No thing nor event in the known universe or laws of physics lacks a cause.
Assume: There is no Prime Cause (Creator).
Ergo: There is no universe.
Fact: There is a universe.
Therefore: the statement that was assumed is proven to be a false statement by reduction ad absurdum (proof by disproof).
(Since "There is no Creator" is proven false, the opposite is true: There is a Creator.)

Being logically consistent (orderly), our (to say perfectly-orderly would be a tautology) orderly universe must mirror its Prime Cause / Singularity-Creator—Who must be Orderly; i.e. Perfect. An orderly—"not capricious," as Einstein put it—Creator (also implying Just), therefore, necessarily had an Intelligent Purpose in creating this universe and us within it and, being Just and Orderly, necessarily placed an explanation, a "Life's Instruction Manual," within the reach of His subjects—humankind.

It defies the orderliness (logic / mathematics) of both the universe and Perfection of its Creator to assert that humanity was (contrary to His Torah, see below) without any means of rapproachment until millennia after the first couple in recorded history as well as millennia after Abraham, Moses and the prophets. Therefore, the Creator's "Life's Instruction Manual" has been available to man at least since the beginning of recorded history. The only enduring document of this kind is the Torah —which, interestingly, translates to "Instruction" (not "law" as popularly alleged). (Some of the text is a quote from http://www.netzarim.co.il)

The fact that the Creator is perfect implies that He isn’t self-contradictory. Therefore any religion, and all religions contradicts each other (otherwise they would be identical), that contradicts Torah is the antithesis to the Creator.

The most common counter arguments are answered here: http://bloganders.blogspot.com/search/label/counter arguments)

Anders Branderud

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow, multiple responses possible here:

1. Shouldn't you be posting in "the clinic"?
2. Did you post this before you posted it after?
3. I agree, Lance s*cks!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Psalmon said:
Wow, multiple responses possible here:

1. Shouldn't you be posting in "the clinic"?
2. Did you post this before you posted it after?
3. I agree, Lance s*cks!

+1

perhaps he should just be in "the clinic".

A

Anonymous

if in doubt..
beach-sand.gif

....talk crap

or perhaps slightly more relevant..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I had some whole story here but you wouldn't listen to that anyway. You're suffering from motivated reasoning, there's no cure for that.

Anyway, to round it all up into one obliterating piece of wisdom we can all enjoy: the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
And please, if you're stupid: before you click this link: it's not real. People don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster, it's a joke. Get over it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oh well Anders Branderud, you've totally convinced me. I went all my life as an atheist, and with this simple post, you've converted me. Oh, hang on, one more thing, I'll believe in a god when Lance is busted:)

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I can't be bothered reading the whole post. Did we find out who created the creator? I can't help but think we're greatly insulting this creator by assuming the greatest and most extreme work of fiction ever known - the Torah - is his work, and his "instructions".

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
You are first of all confusing the word proof by which you imply "fact" with a theory.

Secondly cosmology is not science and has religious affiliation and is thus not proof or fact just theory without any experiment

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Eh...?

Let´s see...didn´t I type in "cyclingnews.com"
Check again...right.

What does this "mumba jumba" do here ?

Is Lance god´s son ? Or sent from the gods ? Most likely the latter.

Mr. Anders Branderud => I think you messed up this forum with another.
This is the forum for and about the "Gods of Cycling"

Ride On ! :cool:

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Cause of the Creator?

Stavros wrote: “ can't be bothered reading the whole post. Did we find out who created the creator? I can't help but think we're greatly insulting this creator by assuming the greatest and most extreme work of fiction ever known - the Torah - is his work, and his "instructions".”

My reply:
None known scientific phenomena contradicts the scientific principle of causality. It is a scientific principle with is foundation on many observations. By induction causality is regarded to be true for all of time-space.

It is a law of formal logic that a person stating the unknown has to prove his/her departure from the known state. The known state is that everything in this physical universe follows the scientific law of causality. Some examples of a statements that is a unknown state: “The laws of causality are not applicable before one plank-second after Big Bang;" (or the statement “the laws of causality are not applicable on the first physical occurrence in space-time") Both of these examples contradicts science, i.e. it is a clear departure from the known state. The person who says there are scientific phenomena that contradicts causality has to prove his/her point (i.e. he/she has the burden of proof), not merely assume it.

The argument that the Creator also must have a cause is as nonsensical as to say that the Creator is bound by the gravitational theory.

The proof I have presented proves that the Prime Cause is the origin of all the laws of nature, including causality. To say that the Creator is bound by causality, is as nonsensical as to say that a computer programmer is dependent on (or becomes a part of) the laws and boundaries in his program that he/she has created.

According to the principle of burden of proof, and the fact that claiming "the Prime Cause needs a cause " is a departure from the known; the person arguing for this statement has the burden of proof. The known state is what I have proved: “There exists a non-dimensional Creator external to timespace, Who is the Prime Cause to the timespace.” To claim that there exists a cause to the Prime Cause is a clear departure from the known facts. There is not a single observable fact that indicates that there exists a cause to the Prime Cause and neither is it possible to derive that conclusion using deduction.

Please also read this post: http://bloganders.blogspot.com/2009/09/refuting-counter-arguments-to-existence.html

The logical conclusions of science (causality and the science that shows that the universe has a beginning (previously quoted in this blog) is the existence of a Creator. To reject that conclusion, or other deductions derived from scientific premises, is irrational and it is not a scientific approach. If a person wants to disprove my proof, then one way to do it is to falsify causality. Up until this day there are no scientific data which invalidates causality.

You wrote: “greatest and most extreme work of fiction ever known - the Torah”
My reply:
Many things corrobate the account in Torah:
For example the facts found in this post (ignore the first paragraph written in Swedish:
http://bloganders.blogspot.com/2008/01/israelerna-tog-hjlp-av-en-tsunami-i.html

See also the book “Mirrored Sphinxes” på http://www.netzarim.co.il ” Docunovel – sheds historically accurate and scientifically credible light on the Biblical story of (Sen-enmut Tuth-) Moses, from adopted Egyptian prince to the design for the Holy Ark;”
The first two chapters are avaible for reading here: http://www.netzarim.co.il/Mirrored-Sphinxes,Ch1-2.htm

I also recommend this article (more archaeology corrobating Torah): http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD256109

Your statement ““greatest and most extreme work of fiction ever known - the Torah” is merely an assumption. Since archaeology corrobate the accounts in Torah, you have the burden of proof to prove that Torah is fiction.

Anders Branderud

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
dajonker said:
Anyway, to round it all up into one obliterating piece of wisdom we can all enjoy: the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
And please, if you're stupid: before you click this link: it's not real. People don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster, it's a joke. Get over it.

No it's not. I really believe in the Durum Wheat Creator, and as a committed pastafarian I can conclusively say that this guy is a loony. He's not even dressed as a pirate...........chump.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
53 x 11 said:
No it's not. I really believe in the Durum Wheat Creator, and as a committed pastafarian I can conclusively say that this guy is a loony. He's not even dressed as a pirate...........chump.

Don't worry 53, the OP's cosmological theory supports the Flying Spaghetti Monster as much as it supports any other "intelligent designer" so your beliefs aren't under any real attack.

Not that I disagree about Pastafarianism being a joke, the Holy Risotto Being is the true creator of the universe.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
Don't worry 53, the OP's cosmological theory supports the Flying Spaghetti Monster as much as it supports any other "intelligent designer" so your beliefs aren't under any real attack.

Not that I disagree about Pastafarianism being a joke, the Holy Risotto Being is the true creator of the universe.

May Anders be touched by His noodly appendage.

TRENDING THREADS