• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Prophet Muhammad insulted by a film, so we claim the right to kill you?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Netserk said:
:confused:

I think in Denmark many appreciate dark/British humour. In general we're a very liberal nation, and unlike Germany we don't ban books. ;)

I meant as a Dane you would know about Norwegian backwardness.:p

Life of Brian was actually banned in Norway because the censors deemed it blasphemous.

And yep, that is also my impression of Denmark.

rhubroma said:
Just for curiosity sake, which country do you mean? Though just to be fair and not to hoodwink you: confidentially, I'm not really interested in politik. I know, it's a cop out, but, hey, what can I say?

Norway, I thought you could see from my location information.

It's ok, this is a cycling forum after all.;)

The Salafis they don’t know, and they probably don’t even realize what happened. But the real “attack” against Islam on the part of the impure and corrupt West isn’t going to come from some other little blasphemous films, or new irreverent vignettes. It will come from a colossal coproduction of Qatar and a powerful American producer (the same as Matrix and the Lord of the Rings), a trilogy costing 400 million dollars with the benediction of respected Islamic scholars consigned in the rigorous respect for Koranic law and with the most virtuous aim of reestablishing the truth about Muhammad, his authentic biography, his role (certified in the closing credits) as the bearer of Truth. The mythological American machine is implacable: it will issue forth – bets are accepted – a superhero Prophet, something between Batman and Lawrence of Arabia, and in the end globalization will have succeeded in rehabilitating even Mohammed, after that poor Christ Mel Gibson transformed into a sort of horror film star. Nobody like contemporary man (it doesn’t matter if he’s a Salifi from Cairo or an atheist from Manhattan) has been capable of perceiving the power behind iconology.

gooner said:
It's now being reported that Al Qaeda and a former Guantanamo Bay detainee were behind the attacks in Libya.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...icial-says-strike-in-libya-was-terror-attack/

By now Al Qaeda is a franchise, the McDonald's of global terrorism. Anyone can buy the label and the product is all the same sh!t, but what does it actually mean that Al Qaeda is behind the attacks in Libya?

It's like saying I ate McDonald's in Paris, or Stockholm, or Rome, but what does this really tell us about the individual people who make up the management of these respective fast food joints. It's like having the contours of otherwise undefined faces we can fill in with a registered trademark. It helps the reactionary public focus their rage, but it makes intelligence look pretty elementary.

mcdonalds-logo.png

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
btw, for a informative account of muslim extremism, i reccomend taking a look at Majid Nawaz, a British born former member of a major extremist group who fought for Jihad in Europe and the Middle East, turned anti extremism campaigner after a stint in a secret Egyptian prison.

Very articulate and intelligent speeches. Goes without saying that he has a fatwah on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKBE9Bm8aCI&feature=related

And here he is comically arguing with the leader of the Sharia law campaign in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQwp45PyWEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XtUsRyWAcg

Good stuff. I think this has been going on long enough to dispense with the term "extremism".

TRENDING THREADS