Protest against Cavendish

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 28, 2010
1,661
0
0
Libertine Seguros said:
The overhead video also has the benefit of showing the road markings, and these show that Cav is responsible for the vast majority of the sideways movement. Haussler does some, but it's no way a converging in the centre, it's a converging off to one side where Cav has come all the way across.

I notice you're in the UK though, so if you want to ignore rules and reality to cling to a patriotic standpoint, I'll point you in the direction of some football boards where you can discuss the world cup. The amount of people who love football yet know absolutely nothing about it is astounding.
I hate football and won't watch any of the matches, I particularly can't stand the over the top attitude of the British press towards the game. I've been a cycling fan since 1976 and during that time have supported Merckx, de Meyer, Kelly, Indurain, Cipollini and Ludo Dierckxsens (loved his attutude) to name but a few. I took part in road races back in the 1970s and 80s and a few in the 1990s and was even accused once of switching someone in a sprint! I have a French TV hooked up to pick up coverage of the Tour and many of the classics, but will admit that I'm not an expert on cycle-racing like many on this forum.
 
Jan 18, 2010
3,059
0
0
Ok. He does say some disrespectful stuff but if the other riders cant take it its their problem, He's from the Isle Of Man so what do you expect!

His job is to win bike races and not make friends, so get over it.

can you stop assuming everyone is posting based on some sort of nationalistic bias
dont worry i get this the whole time too and its annoying.
__________________
 
Jun 16, 2010
30
0
0
sublimit said:
Ok. He does say some disrespectful stuff but if the other riders cant take it its their problem, He's from the Isle Of Man so what do you expect!

His job is to win bike races and not make friends, so get over it.

dont worry i get this the whole time too and its annoying.
__________________
I want you to sit back for a little moment and think about what you just wrote, then if you STILL feel the same, then I will answer you.....THINK!!
 
Apr 12, 2010
647
0
0
Boardslide said:
Cav must be able to spit a heck of a long way if he managed to spit at HH whilst laying on the ground with a AG2R rider & a couple of bikes on top of him whilst HH is being helped away. Once the tangle of bodies & machines were cleared away he was helped away along the barriers & then back to the bus by team mates. So far no one has actually said they witnessed this incident.

http://twitpic.com/1x2ehw
In this photo he looks too dazed to have the presence of mind to spit/berate/attack anyone.

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com//2010/06/15/2/bettiniphoto_0055254_1_full_220.jpg

No I am not a narrowminded/blinkered or biased person just one who studies video footage very carefully and sees things others miss at first.
 
Jun 22, 2009
334
0
0
Hawkwood said:
Once Haussler and Cavendish cleared Ciolek neither looked to their side, and neither realised they were heading towards each other.
That Haussler was challenging Cav in the final 100m of a sprint probably tells you all you need to know about why Cav is in a particularly ****y mood and going around ready to spit on guys. Cav's form is crap this year and its got to be maddening coming off such a prodigious year.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Newgymshoes said:
Ah...you don't get it! This is not just about the crash but about his extreme disrespect for the other riders and for his idiotic behaviour! If this is tiring to you, why are you on this thread?
maybe you'd care to name these examples of extreme disrespect.....evidence required of course.

so the guy might be an idiot, goes for most of the doping peleton doesn't it?

I am on this thread cause i can be and i don't see why Cavensish should get such a bashing as in my eyes he isn't the worst rider out there.

It brings to mind his team mate (Greipel) who said he was the better of the 2 sprinters in HTC and yet when given the giro to prove himself failed....maybe you are Greipel or another sprinter who can't compete with the guy..
 
Apr 12, 2010
647
0
0
Mr.DNA said:
I'll bet this video has been analyzed more intensively than the Zapruder Film.
I expect you're right there but it's amazing how many little things you see the more you watch it that you wouldn't normaly notice during a sprint finish.
 
Apr 14, 2010
137
0
0
TRDean said:
Well, he sure hasn't gone today...actually doing some riding of todays course...

indeed. So he's well enough to ride the course, maybe not that fast but still, he could draft if he was still in the race....IF anyone would let him LOL :D

personally i think it's a combination of factors. no doubt he is a bit sore from the crash, but i think it's more the icy cold (if not angry hot) treatment he would've gotten from the peleton yesterday, that's the reason for his withdrawal.

also, i wonder how his team is feeling towards him now. potentially this is why Mick has headed off for altitude. and who's going to drag Cav through the mountains when Tony Martin will need all the help he can get?

Imagine, "Hey Cav, sorry you have to get your own water bottle, I gotta help Tony..."...lols, i bet you he couldn't stomach it. But do some mountain training on his own and he gets his own CAR LOL, the little primadonna, don't even need a domestique for that hahaha.

But mainly i think it's the personal heat, the flicking, the general dark attitude the riders will have towards him now. :p
 
Jun 16, 2010
30
0
0
The Guardian writes that they belive he stood off because of personal reasons and not because of his pains. I can fully understand, who wants to be in a peloton where people don't want you, not because you're the fastest, but because you behave like an infant.
 
Newgymshoes said:
The Guardian writes that they belive he stood off because of personal reasons and not because of his pains. I can fully understand, who wants to be in a peloton where people don't want you, not because you're the fastest, but because you behave like an infant.
The little douchenozzle was probably afraid that he would get bodychecked into a ditch.
 
Jamsque said:
Cav pulled out of the race because there are no sprint stages left and he doesn't want to tire himself out in the mountains before the Tour de France. That was the plan before he even started the race, it had nothing to do with the crash.
Do you have a link that supports this claim? It appears that he's pulled out of the race, according to the latest cyclingnews article, because of his injuries and is still riding the the course to get in some training in the mountains. This implies to me that he would've continued if not for Tuesday's events. Obviously the plan was to complete the race and not pull out since they deem it necessary to continue riding (mountains).
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
Angliru said:
Do you have a link that supports this claim? It appears that he's pulled out of the race, according to the latest cyclingnews article, because of his injuries and is still riding the the course to get in some training in the mountains. This implies to me that he would've continued if not for Tuesday's events. Obviously the plan was to complete the race and not pull out since they deem it necessary to continue riding (mountains).
Honestly I can't remember where I read it, and it's possible I am wrong. Several people have suggested that he has pulled out to attend his grandmother's funeral, which is I suspect what the Guardian means by 'personal reasons'.
 
Jun 17, 2010
1
0
0
Yes...I am soooo fed-up with Cavendish...and his "I'm The Greatest" attitude ! I know it takes a special talent to be a good sprinter...but if you are always acting like a "poot box" then it's no fun to watch you. And while you are at it,someone wipe that smirk off his face.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
ronjeannette said:
Yes...I am soooo fed-up with Cavendish and Armstrong...and their "I'm The Greatest" attitude ! I know it takes a special talent to be a good GT winner/sprinter...but if you are always acting like a "poot box" then it's no fun to watch you. And while you are at it,someone wipe those smirks off their faces.
no charge....seeing as its your first post
 
Jul 11, 2009
283
0
0
Jamsque said:
Honestly I can't remember where I read it, and it's possible I am wrong. Several people have suggested that he has pulled out to attend his grandmother's funeral, which is I suspect what the Guardian means by 'personal reasons'.
so, when you posted this a little while ago, with such authority, you were actually talking out of your ***?

Jamsque said:
Cav pulled out of the race because there are no sprint stages left and he doesn't want to tire himself out in the mountains before the Tour de France. That was the plan before he even started the race, it had nothing to do with the crash.
Including the words " I think", or "I suspect" , or "maybe", or "I think I remember maybe hearing something somewhere about.." in that first post would have made it reasonable. But as it is that post shows nothing except that you are full of sh*t
 
Mar 11, 2009
5,841
3
0
You mean I was (maybe) wrong on the internets? OH NO!!!! I better watch out, the police will be after me!
 
Jun 16, 2010
30
0
0
Jamsque said:
Honestly I can't remember where I read it, and it's possible I am wrong. Several people have suggested that he has pulled out to attend his grandmother's funeral, which is I suspect what the Guardian means by 'personal reasons'.
Now, it does seem strange that he would pull out for something like that and not leave and go home or whereever the funeral is. Why would he still hang around and train when he could have been in the race? Well.....let's not dwell on his intentions, but I do think that "personal reasons" might as well be that he don't feel to good after what happened, but I see you desperatly try to give him ANY other reason than the very obvious one, that he was not very much liked and that the team probably took him out of the race due to all the havoc he caused.
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
Newgymshoes said:
Now, it does seem strange that he would pull out for something like that and not leave and go home or whereever the funeral is. Why would he still hang around and train when he could have been in the race? Well.....let's not dwell on his intentions, but I do think that "personal reasons" might as well be that he don't feel to good after what happened, but I see you desperatly try to give him ANY other reason than the very obvious one, that he was not very much liked and that the team probably took him out of the race due to all the havoc he caused.
What is even odder is that his team reported that Chav had pulled out with injuries. CN says that the Hobbit was riding the course, and various other people are saying Frodo is going to a funeral.
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
Seems odd that his own team can't get the story right when they are giving their press releases. Is that so hard to do?

Frodo going for the dead relative sympathy vote?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY