• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Qatar, stage 2, Camel Race Track - Qatar Foundation, 147 km

Susan Westemeyer said:
The stage has opened with a bang, as Sky's Kurt-Asle Arvesen crashed one km into the day and broke his collarbone.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arvesen-out-of-of-qatar-with-broken-collarbone

Susan

Thanks for the update Susan and bad news for SKY and Arveson. Was hoping he would do good this season after being a good helper at Saxo the last couple of years.

The article says it happened 1 km into the day. So is that 1 km after the neutral zone finished or actually in the neutral zone?

Mellow Velo said:
Ouch!
Big time gap to the break. Boonan and Cervelo 40" or so ahead of Sky and the peloton, with 50kms to go for the leading pair.......
Headwind.....crosswind.....tailwind?

I'm glad to see that both Boonen and the Cervelo rider aren't just giving up and conceding the race to Sky after the TTT. While the landscape may not help a break, the wind potentially can as long as the front duo don't fade. Ideally, I would like Cervelo to get the win after being penalized for such a minor offense yesterday.

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
Where are Sky? Something to do with the crash?
Only Ian Stannard and EBH not in the bus group.

God knows.. **** up city.. we all knew about the wind..

post mortem may be needed

A

Anonymous

Publicus said:
These gaps are huge! Wiggins is in which group?

all the sky riders bar two in the g3 apparently..

gold jersey in g2 with stannard, wiggins not really so important..

edit: thomas (Blue) flecha (silver) Edvald (gold) and stannard all in G2

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
It is very confusing as to who is where. Even the German tv commentator are complaining about the lack of info.

Susan

ANd if we have no time gaps on tv, and none of the press have maps of the run in, it makes you wonder what info the teams have..

could this be what life will be like without race radios :D

edit on sky: seems flecha, boasson hagen, thomas, and stannard all in G2 for sky (ie second main group on the road behind the two leaders)

dimspace said:
ANd if we have no time gaps on tv, and none of the press have maps of the run in, it makes you wonder what info the teams have..

could this be what life will be like without race radios :D

edit on sky: seems flecha, boasson hagen, thomas, and stannard all in G2 for sky (ie second main group on the road behind the two leaders)

Looks like the lead two will defo stay away, who's gonna win and looks like we will have a new leaders and the Sky boys are dropping out of contention. Good to Cervelo back in the race.

A

Anonymous

pmcg76 said:
Looks like the lead two will defo stay away, who's gonna win and looks like we will have a new leaders and the Sky boys are dropping out of contention.

assuming we know any of the times.. lol...

something has gone very wrong for everyone today.. but sky certainly have dropped the ball.. inexcusable, everyone knows about the winds, you simply cannot with three jerseys on the team not be towards the front.. major major **** up...

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
assuming we know any of the times.. lol...

something has gone very wrong for everyone today.. but sky certainly have dropped the ball.. inexcusable, everyone knows about the winds, you simply cannot with three jerseys on the team not be towards the front.. major major **** up...

Could be a number if reasons- punctures, a couple of riders could have waited for arvesen at first just don't know. I don't think this will be the end of the world

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Boonen gave an interview to Equipe in which he said winning the race wasn't rocket science, you just had to be at the front all the time. Begs the question why the MJ wan't.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Boonen gave an interview to Equipe in which he said winning the race wasn't rocket science, you just had to be at the front all the time. Begs the question why the MJ wan't.

As I've already said could be a number of reasons. Ebh certainly had one and with arvesen crashing out anything could have happened. It's really childish all this sky bashing when instead no
praise for great win by topsport. No criticsm of others for failing to chase down breakaway ey?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Dim: I suspect AusCF and Bro will find much mileage in today's Sky performance.:eek:

The same ones who said yesterday this race didn't matter? I find it all childish. Prefer to concentrate on fact good racing in feb, great win for topsport and I have some cycling to watch when home from work

TRENDING THREADS