• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question for Joe Papp

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
doperhopper said:
ladies and gentlemen, don't laugh too loud, you never, big brother is watching you and will add you to the list of customers :)

source: his wiki
"He considered pursuing a career with the Central Intelligence Agency, and interviewed for a position in the then-Directorate of Operations "

Good thing he did not get the job. He would have sold us out to al-Qaeda, the North Koreans, and any Russian who had a spare ruble or two.

firestorm said:
Joe can you give us any details on what happened to the list of the riders that you sold to and who the riders from SC are on it? Will they ever be suspended?...

USADA is aware of the identities of all of the clients and they have whatever evidence implicating them that was available. The statute of limitations on those cases doesn't run out until 2015, I think, so USADA can circle-back and start picking-off those more-difficult-to-prove violations (based on the relative evidence in comparison to the first batch of low-hanging fruit) when/if they have the time/resources (which are unfortunately limited, hence why Australian professional cyclist Hilton Clarke hasn't yet faced a formal allegation of anti-doping violation for buying 1000s of dollars worth of EPO and other products from the Chinese, and trying to buy others).

The one thing that surprises me is that no doping doctors in the US who we implicated have faced any public dressing-down yet...

btw: the Larry Bowers affidavit might as well be a transcript from the meeting he, Daniel Eichner and I had @ USADA a few years ago, and is pretty much a guide to the basics of doping for cycling.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
joe_papp said:
USADA is aware of the identities of all of the clients and they have whatever evidence implicating them that was available. The statute of limitations on those cases doesn't run out until 2015, I think, so USADA can circle-back and start picking-off those more-difficult-to-prove violations (based on the relative evidence in comparison to the first batch of low-hanging fruit) when/if they have the time/resources (which are unfortunately limited, hence why Australian professional cyclist Hilton Clarke hasn't yet faced a formal allegation of anti-doping violation for buying 1000s of dollars worth of EPO and other products from the Chinese, and trying to buy others).

The one thing that surprises me is that no doping doctors in the US who we implicated have faced any public dressing-down yet...

btw: the Larry Bowers affidavit might as well be a transcript from the meeting he, Daniel Eichner and I had @ USADA a few years ago, and is pretty much a guide to the basics of doping for cycling.

Hey Papp. I'm gonna say it. What you did to those people was cowardly. That was a punk move. And you know what I mean. Selling out people that trusted you to Lance's lawyer.

And your self-promoting on Velonews, Bicycling, or anybody that will listen to you just screams, "hey look at me". David Millar, yeah that guy. He was a doper, came clean, fessed up. He achieved at a higher level with and without dope. When he criticized McQuaid and the UCI, he was applauded. By all except you. An ex-doper and trafficker who took people's real identities and sold them out.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Your self-edited Wiki page is a joke.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Is Joe Pap some sort of a celebrity/ publicly known person?:confused:

Joe Papp is not a celebrity. He's an attention seeking whor'e. He's just a guy who had some limited success riding in the US who went to some small Carribean country. I don't know, might've been Cuba. And registered for a UCI license so he could call himself a professional cyclist. Take note all you Cat 4 wannabes, you too can "turn pro".

Papp's biggest claim to fame is testifying in Floyd Landis trial. And he didn't even know any of the people involved. He just got up there and said that steroids were bad, but that it helped people recover. So no, Joe Papp is no celebrity.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Bavarianrider said:
Is Joe Pap some sort of a celebrity/ publicly known person?:confused:

Big Daddy said:
Joe Papp is not a celebrity.

I disagree.THIS joe Papp is no celebrity. However there is a true celebrity by the name of Joe Papp. He founded the NY Shakespeare Festival promoting free shakespeare productions in central park for the masses. He also founded the Public Theatre, and produced many Broadway hits including "A Chorus Line"
He was a great man and it was a pleasure to work for him. It's a pity that another Joe sullied this good man's name
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Papp

and for the record THIS joe papp was humble and would never write his own wiki page unlike the other jp.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
joe_papp said:

Thanks for the insight Joe. They have busted a few SoCal riders this past year - Webster, Brandt-Sorenson. Do you know if they were on "the list"?

Also, USADA mades some house calls to do out of competition testing to some few SoCal riders almost 2 years ago in the winter. Is it safe to say that these riders were on "the list"?

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
firestorm said:
Thanks for the insight Joe. They have busted a few SoCal riders this past year - Webster, Brandt-Sorenson. Do you know if they were on "the list"?

Also, USADA mades some house calls to do out of competition testing to some few SoCal riders almost 2 years ago in the winter. Is it safe to say that these riders were on "the list"?

Get a room.

skidmark said:
Domestic US racer, caught for doping, found out that he sold dope to tons and tons of domestic racers for years. Got a plea bargain by naming names, came on here about the same time making waves and begging for forgiveness. He was an engaging guy and was one of the few actual doping racers that we had access to on the clinic, so he was an active figure here. Google him in the news if you want to read about his case and sentence.

Thanks.
I didn't realize that this was actually his real name.

Big Daddy said:
Get a room.
hey, firestorm has questions. Joe was kind enough to come into the forum and answer them, despite all the trash-talk.

a forum is a place to share ideas, ask questions, and, if you're lucky, have them answered to your satisfaction.

i was against this thread continuing because of all the issues surrounding Joe. but, for whatever reason, he is still a member of this forum...

Papp has refrained from commenting in the other threads (he knows no one wants to hear his opinions), but came to this one because somebody specifically asked him a question.

respect that, even if you don't respect the man. put him on your Ignore list or, better yet, stay out of this thread and let the dialogue continue.