• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question for the Dutch readers or anyone with info...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I just wanted to ask the impressions of the Dutch teams with some details that can only be found from the home country. My personal favorite team is Skil-Shimano and I am stoked that they are going to be in the Tour. Has anyone read the new book about the team? I believe it shadowed Veelers all last season? How about the riders? Any that seem to be looking to make a break out this season? I personally am very happy with the success of the new Vacansoleil team!! They are getting very good results. I love that Aart Vierhouten is still racing and mixing it up!! And lastly the Rabbos...but they are more in the mainstream...any info would be great though. What are your opinions?

Lastly, do any of you remember Leo Peelen in the Soul Olympics? Great track rider...I wish he had ridden on the road and not retired!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Didnt read the book, but Veelers is a promising Rider. I think especially Vacansoleil got some Dutch talents like Lieuwe Westra (2nd in the Panne tt) and Johnny Hoogerland, who is allways attacking. I love their spirit. Skil is a nice team but imho Vacansoleil is gonna be a bigger team in the future.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I got here a 4 page article from Wielerrevue of last 15 december about Vancansoleil. Interested? I can scan it for you. You understand Dutch, cause it's in Dutch off course?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Bartoli: That would be great to read the article. Thanks so much for the offer!! I can read Nederlands een klein beetje!! And I would love to keep learning.

Clement L'hotellerie (Fra), ex Skil, now with Vacansoleil.
Remember him?
Was in a breakaway with Dario Cioni, yesterday, in the first "hilly" stage of the Settimana Lombarda.
They seem to making an impact, for a new team, often getting into breaks etc...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, he did a fantastic Paris-Nice last year. After that there was a lot of talk about him, he got problems with Skil and moved. He seemed to have signed for Caisse but popped up at Vacansoleil.

ok, gonna give this scan thing a try.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ah yes, the Soul Olympics with Aretha Franklin too!

TRDean said:
Lastly, do any of you remember Leo Peelen in the Soul Olympics?

No, but I distinctly remember him from the Reggae Olympics. Sorry, but this was just begging to be addressed. ;)

As you were.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Ah yes... the grammer correction!!! Sorry for the misspelling. Better not make any more mistakes eh? And you don't even remember Leo Peelen? Anyway, thanks for the correction.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
you should also take a look at the ct team from rabo.

guys like vermeltfoort, van winden and now theo bos are showing promise.

if you like skil you can friend koen de kort on facebook, he keeps it updated regularly.

TRENDING THREADS