• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Questions on a Cannondale Bad Boy

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a look at this bike in my local shop. It had an 8 speed hub, lefty fork and disc brake. I couldn't find this same model on the official site (2010 models). Does anyone know what year this came out?

Can anyone give any thoughts on this bike? I think it's a beauty, I had expected the weight to be too much for me to be happy with, but was pleasantly surprised. My current bike is a Giant FCR2.5 which I like but feel I need something more rugged for my mostly city biking.

Grizzly said:
This is the euro model I'm looking at Bad Boy Ultra 8 (page 31). I had looked at the lefty fork, but like the sturdiness of two.

Haha agreed, the idea of a one sided fork creeps me out, although it probably works fine. Anyhow the one called Fatty SI (with a 2 sided fork) and shock just below the head tube is/was considered a great design. good luck:)