• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

questions tour feeds

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think America is about the only place that doesnt have the tour live on tv.
While the TdF is not broadcast (on weekdays) on the alphebet channels (most sports are not), Verses has live coverage and Verses is quite common in most satellite/cable packages. But, live coverage starts at 0600hrs mountain time which means most Yanks either Tivo the live show, or watch the re-broadcast later the same day.

There are a lot more Tour followers who are stuck at work etc and cant view live feeds and like to keep track of whats going on. A live tracker is much more work suitable than a video feed.
FWIW, the TdF is the only race I can watch live on normal television (one of the joys of being self employed.) All the other races (both skiing and cycling) that I view, naturally via the internet, I like to have both video and text feeds up and running (a multi-screen set-up is almost required). An interesting side note, I find that the english text feeds help me pickup more of the foreign languages that the live videos are broadcast in.