• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race thread: Olympics 2020/21 Tokyo, Men's Road Race, 234k

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Guys who worked the most finished 2nd and 3rd. While carapaz is a deserved winner, the guys in the chase decided it wasn’t worth riding for gold, rather for (at most) bronze. They diminished their chances not pulling through. If everything came together, there would be chances for attacks.
Results oriented thinking.

This is like being happy about folding aces before the flop because it goes to showdown and you wouldn't have won in the end.

Great win for Richie, well deserved. I'm really happy he held on but it would have been fun to see he and McNulty duke it out. First one day race win in arguably the biggest one of them all. And terrific racing, the smaller teams really made the race.

As much as I love the monuments, Worlds and the Olympics (when they aren't held on a sprinter's course) are my favorite one day races to watch.

E7DGHOPXsAkLFSP

Guys who worked the most finished 2nd and 3rd. While carapaz is a deserved winner, the guys in the chase decided it wasn’t worth riding for gold, rather for (at most) bronze. They diminished their chances not pulling through. If everything came together, there would be chances for attacks.
In the real world also, it is the same thing. people who have worked the most dont get the credit while people who are the face of the project get the maximum publicity.

Reactions: spalco and JosefK
Arguable none of them wanted to go too deep today I suppose. We'll see!
Evenepoel just said in the post-race interview that as soon as he felt the pace was too fast for him, he didn't bother anymore and focused on wednesday. Understandable, but in case the tempo dropped after the summit, and he'd have been able to get back, he still might have been able to work. But he didn't even try.

TRENDING THREADS