• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Didn't understand the pit strategy of MVDP. I think it was clear that the 1st pit was way faster than the 2nd one, as one didn't need to run any portion of it and the ground was more rolling. And with the flyover being straight after that 90 degree bend, after a big puddle on the inside of the turn, I believe it was harder to gain momentum for the up part for anyone pitting versus being able to handle the turn on the outside.

I think it cost at least 1 to 2 seconds per bike exchange.

Didn't understand the pit strategy of MVDP. I think it was clear that the 1st pit was way faster than the 2nd one, as one didn't need to run any portion of it and the ground was more rolling. And with the flyover being straight after that 90 degree bend, after a big puddle on the inside of the turn, I believe it was harder to gain momentum for the up part for anyone pitting versus being able to handle the turn on the outside.

I think it cost at least 1 to 2 seconds per bike exchange.
I thought the same, but Hereygers was also convinced Van Aert was taking the wrong pitlane, and thought MvdP was benefiting more from his pits.

Reactions: Black Betsy
Wout was running the BMX whoops like a gazelle with his bike on his back and MvdP was bent over pushing his bike through the mud. Somebody hasn't been doing their run training.
Hopefully wasn’t anything to do with his back.. didn’t like seeing the numerous ‘Kevin Pauwel’s like’ back stretches during the race. It was a hard first race for him.

However, yesterday’s race was just a warmup in the men’s and today at Zolder should be an absolute belter! Expecting a much closer affair with a sprint finish. Tom to redeem himself too.

Can’t wait!

TRENDING THREADS