• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Van der Haar reminds me of Meeusen in his rookie year, lol. He should calm down.

Pauwels made his best performance in Ruddervoorde, I think. He doesn't like the course too much.

Nys at age 36 defeats Albert in his prime. When is he going down?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Echoes said:
Van der Haar reminds me of Meeusen in his rookie year, lol. He should calm down.

Pauwels made his best performance in Ruddervoorde, I think. He doesn't like the course too much.

Nys at age 36 defeats Albert in his prime. When is he going down?

NEVER!!! Nys will dominate every cyclocross race into his 50's!

:D

Pic courtesy of Alessandro colnago @ColnagoAle

A4qcxcRCMAAw2s_.png

If I'm not mistaken JPow already scored a top10 in one of the Czech cross, last year (think it was Plzen) but that performance had no tomorrow.

Let's see what he can do on the real muddy winter crosses.

Glad for KP. Tabor is really tailor made for him. Was Nys really stronger? Haven't seen it.

Echoes said:
Glad for KP. Tabor is really tailor made for him. Was Nys really stronger? Haven't seen it.

Hard to say. I don't necessarily agree he was "dominating" as cyclingnews suggest, but I would've bet on him winning the race before the mechanical if I had to make a choice. And it was impressive that he came back to 5th place after losing a significant amount of time.

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Nys started pretty far back, and after a couple laps of warming up, he worked his way through everybody, with van der Haar on his wheel, hit the front and dropped Lars. he would have clearly won, even though that course isn't really suited to him. look out in the next few races for Nys, he is on form

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
CobbleStoner said:
Nys started pretty far back, and after a couple laps of warming up, he worked his way through everybody, with van der Haar on his wheel, hit the front and dropped Lars. he would have clearly won, even though that course isn't really suited to him. look out in the next few races for Nys, he is on form

Im sure Nys was one of the best. I hope Powers can stay on this level, but I fear it's just the beginning of the season and the big guns are not on their top yet. Powers allready races for a month or more on his top, do he has a different schedule. If he really wants to be a toprider he should join all the belgium races and compete with the best and not just score points in minor races in his homeland.

Sad end of the race. I don't like these team calculations. I don't think Vantornout wished to slow down and wait for Pauwels, but was ordered to do so (I think De Clercq was on the stairs, wasn't he?). Pauwels in the Fidea team would never race for the team or receive any help from the team except in the last leg of a challenge, so I guess I knew Klaas had the right to go for second.

Also sad for Peeters because he seemed sure he made a stop & go, so I hope he'll be reinstated. However Pauwels seemed to have gone to the pit with changing bike or dismounting. So he should be disqualified. :(

9th Koppenberg win for Nys, lol. Can be as impressive as Liboton's 16 wins in Overijse. In this storm that was funny (for us, tv-viewers).

Whatever happened to Van der Haar? Was he injured? Sick?

Oh and great to see some foreigners on an ex-GvA cross. Finally a Swiss doing well. And Duval, Frenchy who cares to defy the Belgians at home. With no Stybar or Van der Haar, you could have thought this would be an all-Belgian affair.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Echoes said:
9th Koppenberg win for Nys, lol. Can be as impressive as Liboton's 16 wins in Overijse. In this storm that was funny (for us, tv-viewers).

Whatever happened to Van der Haar? Was he injured? Sick?

Oh and great to see some foreigners on an ex-GvA cross. Finally a Swiss doing well. And Duval, Frenchy who cares to defy the Belgians at home. With no Stybar or Van der Haar, you could have thought this would be an all-Belgian affair.

VDH doesn't ride all races of this classification, he skips them until the second to last manche. Riding a full pro season might be a bit too much for a 21 year old, so he's taking his rest in between. He's also suffered minor injuries on his hip and hand in the Nacht van Woerden last week in the Netherlands, which caused him to ride below his normal level in Plzen.

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Echoes said:

Two dutch guys in the top 10, a good swiss guy again from a top pro team :)
and finally a french guy who doesn't slow down after a good start (like chainel) or after 3/4 race (Mouray last two seasons).
I think 4 non Flandrien riders, in the GvA which is the most Belgium-dominated normally!

Echoes said:
Sad end of the race. I don't like these team calculations. I don't think Vantornout wished to slow down and wait for Pauwels, but was ordered to do so (I think De Clercq was on the stairs, wasn't he?). Pauwels in the Fidea team would never race for the team or receive any help from the team except in the last leg of a challenge, so I guess I knew Klaas had the right to go for second.
True, but what would you do if you are the boss? Giving Vantornhout the change who did not seem to have a change for the win and wins just ones every year or help Pauwels for his ranking, who won the whole serie last year incl. World cup and a lot of races...

Pentacycle said:
VDH doesn't ride all races of this classification, he skips them until the second to last manche. Riding a full pro season might be a bit too much for a 21 year old, so he's taking his rest in between. He's also suffered minor injuries on his hip and hand in the Nacht van Woerden last week in the Netherlands, which caused him to ride below his normal level in Plzen.

Thanks for making it clear. I think van der Haar focusses on the World cup races and rides all those. I do no any plans about the Superprestige.

I haven't been following Cyclocross for a long time, so I suppose that's general knowledge anyway, but I have to say: wow, what a spectacular course is this in Zonhoven? That's got to be a blast to ride. :D

eta: very exciting right up to the finish line too, great race!

Pentacycle said:

Thanks too for making it clear.

Today, he yet again showed his youth hotheadedness. :D And he even admits it in the itw. When he came back, he knew he would blow up. His interviews are still very funny. :D

TRENDING THREADS