• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 161 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What a demolition of the field from Van Empel, putting 2 minutes into Brand is huge, I don't think even Pieterse or Van Anrooij would have stayed with her today.
Van Empel just has the most power, on a course like today where it's not crazy technical and there's long power stretches there's no one who can beat her. Today she was even technically the best, but that's also a result from not having to go 100%, as opposed to Alvarado for instance.

Reactions: stonerider
Tough conditions today. I hope no one was seriously hurt during the women's race. It seems Kay might have broken a finger though.

Great JV debut for Van Empel, who destroyed everyone. Alvarado didn't make it easier for the others by blocking them on the first lap, but that obviously didn't affect the final result much.

Reactions: postmanhat
Would love to know what Fem said in the interview, as I heard her mention the MTB a few times. The commentators have mentioned she's riding the spring classics, yet I thought she was concentrating on the MTB for now to try and qualify for Paris 2024.
She did indeed mention the mountainbike, an answer to the question whether she would be going for the X2O Trofee as well. Saying she can't do everything, she also has a road season and an MTB season ahead. The interviewer asked her which road races she wanted to win, she said Strade and the Ronde seemed nice, but it wasn't quite clear whether she meant this year or on the long run.

She also said she hoped to battle against someone today, to sharpen her form a bit. But now she didn't have to go all out. Riding 2 former world champions on a 2 minute gap, and she's disappointed they didn't put up more of a fight :)

Curtis White's is pretty sharp too. Too bad the "gravel scene" is snuffing out Cyclocross here in the US (at least parts of it). Won't see too many more Curtis White's coming down the pipe. A shame too because it's such a great cycling sport for kids.

Yes, the riders will follow the money ...and Gravel where it is, as is the Lifetime GP scene. No need to travel across the Atlantic to earn a living.

TRENDING THREADS