• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Agreed, what the hell were they thinking? Looks absolutely boring.
After the first recons, Sven Vanthourenhout thinks there's nothing to it (for the pros). Bart Wellens thinks it's one of the toughest WCC 's he's seen.
Apparently the grass is bumpy underneath (i remember Mathieu doesn't like that) and not easy rolling. But according to Vanthourenhout, most of that will be flattened out after a few laps, so definitely by the time the pros have to race. But the soil appears to be pretty soft.

After the first recons, Sven Vanthourenhout thinks there's nothing to it (for the pros). Bart Wellens thinks it's one of the toughest WCC 's he's seen.
Apparently the grass is bumpy underneath (i remember Mathieu doesn't like that) and not easy rolling. But according to Vanthourenhout, most of that will be flattened out after a few laps, so definitely by the time the pros have to race. But the soil appears to be pretty soft.
Kerry Werner put a course preview out.
Looks really bumpy and not much mud about right now, but even then his rear tyre looked pretty packed up going up the first set of stairs. I think it's going to be really tough going if there is a bit of mud about. The toughness i'd say is going to be if it is going to be a headwind on one direction, as that will sap the legs. Other than that, three or four bridges (two of which are steps) are pretty steep, with those little banks and quite a few corners its going to be alot of short sharp accelerations that will really burn after three or four laps. Basically right up van der Poel's street. Definitely is like Bogense with smaller banks, or Ruddevorde with no sandpit and more bridges

GVFTA

BANNED
Forecast is for rain Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. One US female said the course was so bumpy yesterday, she couldn't do her intervals on it. Going to be two different courses Saturday to Sunday.

Sounds good. I just want races where mechanicals don’t decide things.

In other news, looks like the World Cup schedule for next season has been released and as we’d heard, there are a ton of changes. I don’t want to criticize or praise the reforms too much at this point. I guess I’d rather see how it plays out but I’m cautiously optimistic.

So... anyone wanna guess how many (gold)medals the Dutch will walk away with? They already got four (two gold), after two races, and those are unlikely to be their last.
In fact; if the Dutch don't get any more medals I will… do something crazy!

Except for the Junior Men’s race, they are in pole position to take every Gold medal.

TRENDING THREADS