• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yep. I think it really is over now. Seemed easy in the end tbh. He took his foot off the gas after the tumble, but then dropped Iserbyt again seemingly easy. Quite demotivating for the competition tbh. Also for the excitement of CX unfortunately.
Well, Iserbyt is not great in the sand, and he lost most of his time there. This really was a course for Mathieu, so it's still possible the race could be closer next time. Let's hope.

Mathieu says in the post race interview that he is 3kg lighter than during Ronde Van Vlaanderen.

Clipboard.jpg

At least MVDP said he felt good the whole race and had to give his all to drop Iserbyt. That's somehow reassuring, since he used to win races solo easily and afterwards declared he didn't have a great day... And like Logic says, it's a superb course for him. He's in better shape compared to his first cross last year as well, though otoh, the others should be too at this point.

Let's see what happens in Gavere tomorrow.

At least MVDP said he felt good the whole race and had to give his all to drop Iserbyt. That's somehow reassuring, since he used to win races solo easily and afterwards declared he didn't have a great day... And like Logic says, it's a superb course for him. He's in better shape compared to his first cross last year as well, though otoh, the others should be too at this point.

Let's see what happens in Gavere tomorrow.

I mean, it pretty much falls in line with what he says most of the time. So I don’t know what conclusions we can draw from such statements. All we can do is wait and see (and hope).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of VdP. Can’t not be a fan of such a class rider. Much like it’s impossible not to like Evenepoel. They just answer with their pedals. What’s not to admire?

With that being said, I like my CX races to be exciting. I really miss the duels of old.

Reactions: Barkintheeye
I still think Van Aert is the biggest threat for VDP this season, if he improves his form a level or two.

Nevertheless, tomorrow in Gavere (it should be muddier than today but looking at the forecast it seems the riders will miss the big amount of rain that will fall after the race) and next Sunday in Namen should be harder to win for Mathieu.

I still think Van Aert is the biggest threat for VDP this season, if he improves his form a level or two.

Nevertheless, tomorrow in Gavere (it should be muddier than today but looking at the forecast it seems the riders will miss the big amount of rain that will fall after the race) and next Sunday in Namen should be harder to win for Mathieu.
Van Aert has gone to Spain for a training week, i doubt he will be at 100% in Namur. Otherwise, that might have been a big chance to beat Mathieu there.

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS