• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 107 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Netherlands selection for Worlds:

Women Elite - Lucinda Brand, Ceylin del Carmen Alvarado, Manon Bakker, Denise Betsema, Yara Kastelijn, Inge van der Heijden, Marianne Vos, Annemarie Worst
Men Elite - Lars van der Haar, Corné van Kessel
Women U23 - Fem van Empel, Puck Pieterse, Shirin van Anrooij
Men U23 - Pim Ronhaar, Mees Hendrikx, Ryan Kamp
Men Junior - David Haverdings
Women Junior - Leonie Bentveld, Lauren Molengraaf
Will be interesting to see how titles they win, senior women, mixed relay, u 23 women and junior men are their bankers.
U23 men was looking good, but Nys has made significant improvements in the last few weeks and could now be considered the favourite.
In the junior women Bentveld has won every race this season except when Zoe Backstedt competes.
Lars van der Haar is one of six potential winners.

Last edited:
Zoe Backstedt out of the British Nationals due to Covid-19; looks like a battle between defending champion, and EWS race winner Hattie Harnden, and Anna Kay.
A shame, but I feel she should still have been racing in the Junior Women's race. I feel Harnden will be much better in the tough mud at Crawley, but it could be close with other british riders like Amira Mellor, Millie Couzens and Josie Nelson could be pushing for the win as well. Maybe even elite mtb xc rider Annie Last as well.

Reactions: postmanhat
A shame, but I feel she should still have been racing in the Junior Women's race. I feel Harnden will be much better in the tough mud at Crawley, but it could be close with other british riders like Amira Mellor, Millie Couzens and Josie Nelson could be pushing for the win as well. Maybe even elite mtb xc rider Annie Last as well.
In fact scrap part of that as apparently Mellor isn't racing either after getting covid over the new year.

Reactions: postmanhat
Belgium Womens's National
Clipboard.gif

No she Cant yes she Can t

Some pretty muddy courses out there for the Nationals, especially France & GB.

And in the World Cup we often talk about the youngsters Vas, Van Empel, Van Anrooij & Pieterse, however, I'm impressed by first year U23, and current Junior World/European XCO Champion - and now French Elite CX Champion - Line Burquier. She's a massive talent, and as well as her technical ability, seems to have a huge engine for someone so slight.

Possibly a second broken collarbone for Thibau Nys this season. Hopefully they somehow find a way to let him race a bit more on the road in 2022 after this disappointing winter.
Apparently it's only an Acromioclavicular Joint Subluxation, which following a bit of googling seems like a technical way of saying he dislocated his shoulder/collarbone. According to his Instagram he'll be back on the bike in a few days!

Van Aert is not nice!

I'm joking. I'm sure he's very nice. As long as you're not racing a cyclocross race against him.
He's probably nicer when he wins though so maybe we should just be happy about that  :joycat::joycat::joycat:

I look forward to see if I will like him on road now that I love watching him in mud. I have no idea how this will end. I always start out with hating a rider before I love them. Gotta feed that inner drama :joycat::joycat::joycat:

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS