• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Race Thread

Page 231 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Thread title should now be "What would be the point of giving Cameron Mason a front row start?"
Alvardo has back issues and will miss Zonhoven tomorrow. She could have wrapped up the Overall title, but will have to wait a bit longer. Hopefully she will only miss this week and that her back will not limit her going forward. She was back to her best so I want to see her stay there. Should be a straight battle between Puck and Brand unless Backstedt can get involved.

Altough Schreiber crashed and DNF, she seems to be out of gas by the end of the season.
Hopefully she will recover from the crash and can provide a good fight at the U23 Worlds.

Also hopefully Brand is ok.

With the Worlds in Tabor, I think we'll see another big performance from Zemanova......she's impressed all season. I'm not sure what she has to do to attract the big teams.......Change her passport?

I read a Czech interview recently, in which she said that she had financial security and got more freedom by being on Brilon, and that's why she's rejected every other offer so far.

Her contract runs out after 2024, so she may very well be offered a better deal by then. She wants to ride more on the road, but CX is what she loves the most.

Why is Kamp riding in non team kit? Is he without a contract? I cannot imagine that to be the case? PCS has him with Pauwels through the end of 2024.

He was let go at the end of 2023. Roodhooft brothers are backing his privateer stint now financially, with Colnago providing the bikes. They have all places occupied in their teams for now, so that's why he's racing with a black kit. Since Kamp stated he wanted to race more on the road, I would say a move to Alpecin Deceuninck Devo Team is coming sooner rather than later and next season he'll be either with Crelan or Cyclocross Reds kit.

WC Standings
Clipboard.png

He was let go at the end of 2023. Roodhooft brothers are backing his privateer stint now financially, with Colnago providing the bikes. They have all places occupied in their teams for now, so that's why he's racing with a black kit. Since Kamp stated he wanted to race more on the road, I would say a move to Alpecin Deceuninck Devo Team is coming sooner rather than later and next season he'll be either with Crelan or Cyclocross Reds kit.
Kamp is still a young guy with a good potential. Really hope a good team picks him up!

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
Nice battle between Crelan and Baloise at Zonhoven. Nieuwenhuis has had his best CX season ever. Will he also be on the road? I would hope so with the form he has.
I'm sure he'll do some road racing, like nearly all the cyclocrossers do. But he has turned away from the road (was previously World Tour with DSM) in the last year or two which is probably the reason for his progress in CX.

I'm sure he'll do some road racing, like nearly all the cyclocrossers do. But he has turned away from the road (was previously World Tour with DSM) in the last year or two which is probably the reason for his progress in CX.
Yes, he did a large proportion of the team's summer road programme that usually consists of the belgian national and uci level stage and (non classics season) one day races, as well as a couple of other races outside of belgium. I think there might be more done this summer though, as I think Sven Nys mentioned the team should do more road racing as a base following seeing the positive effect it's had on other riders. That obviously doesn't mean do a whole road season or anything, but probably a wider calendar than the aforementioned races, and less time on training camps in Majorca.

Yes, he did a large proportion of the team's summer road programme that usually consists of the belgian national and uci level stage and (non classics season) one day races, as well as a couple of other races outside of belgium. I think there might be more done this summer though, as I think Sven Nys mentioned the team should do more road racing as a base following seeing the positive effect it's had on other riders. That obviously doesn't mean do a whole road season or anything, but probably a wider calendar than the aforementioned races, and less time on training camps in Majorca.

At least Ronhaar has said that he wants to do more road in 2024 to see what he could do. I saw him linked with a trainee place with Lidl - Trek in 2024, but can't find official confirmation right now.

Reactions: lemon cheese cake
At least Ronhaar has said that he wants to do more road in 2024 to see what he could do. I saw him linked with a trainee place with Lidl - Trek in 2024, but can't find official confirmation right now.

Reactions: TourOfSardinia