• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radio Shack?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Radio Shack - yes a rather surprising sponsor, but they are not 'in the game' for us- it is brand awareness.
No-one yet knows what the budget of the team is, but expect Trek, Nike to be adding in to it too. Its budget should make it pretty competitive.

Susan Westemeyer said:
No. The Kazakh Cycling Federation holds the ProTour licence.

Susan

This is the real issue. Yes, JB owns the riders contracts and the Kazakh owns the Pro Tour licence.
General question is what is happening with the Pro Tour? The selection for the 'Historical Monuments' is the top 17 teams of the Protour, anyone any idea on how this works yet? This will have a lot of consequences on teams.

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
colwildcat said:
Care to spout your CV (see, I threw that in just in case you actually do live in Europe - you'll know what it means)?

My CV ? Give you a hint. I have one more testy than Lance. I'm more of a man than he is.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Nah, it's the Red Bull talking...but he does act like he was raised in a trailer park,(and not the fancy kind) in the panhandle of Florida.

Yes because no sort of sleeping around or doing drugs (alleged) goes on outside the panhandle.....:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

awesometown said:
Yes because no sort of sleeping around or doing drugs (alleged) goes on outside the panhandle.....:rolleyes:

Actually, when you add in the hypocritical trash talking, twittermania, and classless attitude to losing, its hard to imagine he grew up anywhere else...

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Nah, it's the Red Bull talking...but he does act like he was raised in a trailer park,(and not the fancy kind) in the panhandle of Florida.

and I guess being raised you in a trailer park condemns a person to a lifetime of inferiority?

Do you live in India? Sorry, but the caste system is no longer in vogue.

Maybe you should spend a little more time being thankful for your blessings and less time dismissing those less fortunate.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Actually, when you add in the hypocritical trash talking, twittermania, and classless attitude to losing, its hard to imagine he grew up anywhere else...

Maybe he's just giving his audience what they want! Have you seen the average person wearing a livestrong bracelet? They don't exactly look like they're about to throw on a set of bibs and race the local cat 3 crit.

No seriously though, I really have no idea what your deal is here. What's your standard for polite celebrity? Please share with the group.

A

Anonymous

awesometown said:
Maybe he's just giving his audience what they want! Have you seen the average person wearing a livestrong bracelet? They don't exactly look like they're about to throw on a set of bibs and race the local cat 3 crit.

No seriously though, I really have no idea what your deal is here. What's your standard for polite celebrity? Please share with the group.

I don't really have an idea of what your deal here is, so I will withhold any comment other than to say that if you listen to a sportsman such as Tim Duncan, you will see how a champion should act.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I don't really have an idea of what your deal here is, so I will withhold any comment other than to say that if you listen to a sportsman such as Tim Duncan, you will see how a champion should act.

Ah yes, the most bland man in all of basketball.. no I get it now. Discussion over.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
My CV ? Give you a hint. I have one more testy than Lance. I'm more of a man than he is.

Man, you are one seriously sick individual.

I hope (seriously) you never have to go through the hell the guy did with the cancer. You can say what you want about all the rest of his character. I don't especially approve of the way he carries out his love life, but that's really none of my (or your) business.

To make a comment regarding "manhood" under the circumstances of testicular cancer takes you to a whole new level.

A

Anonymous

awesometown said:
Ah yes, the most bland man in all of basketball.. no I get it now. Discussion over.

As compared to the Whitney Houston, I will take the bland every time.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
As compared to the Whitney Houston, I will take the bland every time.

facepalm.jpg

A

Anonymous

awesometown said:

I see you have a third screen name. Thanks for the hint. Ignoreland for a third time with you. To quote you: Try again, fail again, fail better.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I see you have a third screen name. Thanks for the hint. Ignoreland for a third time with you. To quote you: Try again, fail again, fail better.

Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean you should plug your ears. This was not (last time I checked) the cyclingnews "lets all agree because thats the most entertaining type of conversation" board.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Titaniumtim said:
Cobblestones it is not silly that I said Radio Shack is the only place I can get resistors transistors, diodes etc. But once again I will be more specific. It is the only place near where I live I can get to in a few minutes to buy these things. I know I can buy them online and wait for them but why do that when I can get it in ten minutes.;) I am just glad that they are going to sponsor a cycling team.:D

As a true nerd who likes to play with a solder iron you should of course have a stash of components at home. (That's at least how I do it ;) )

May 13, 2009
Visit site
dadoorsron said:
do you really think Lance Armstrong would run a team that didnt have a high budget? That's really silly to say. Specially when Nike and Trek will be co-sponsors. Livestrong will be on the jersey but the Foundation can't give the team money becaues its a charity. Versus will probably be throwing money at them and I would imagine they will have about 5 other sponsors on there jerseys.

They are? Strange I didn't see the press release. Anyway, you should realize there's a difference between title sponsor and sponsor. Quick, without looking, which other sponsors have their names on, say, the Lampre kit? How much money would a sponsor pay for that 'much' awareness?

Eurosport once sponsored Kelme. Even their own commentators stopped saying 'Kelme-Costa Blanca-Eurosport team'. I wonder why?

TRENDING THREADS