• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RadioShack corporate contact

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think it is time to start to email RadioShack, and tell them (I) "disapprove of the due diligence conducted to sponsor the cycling team of Lance Armstrong. I am a long time consumer in RadioShack outlets, but I will take my patronage elsewhere, because his ethics leave alot to be desired".

Charles Hodges
RadioShack Corporation
817-415-3300
Media.Relations@RadioShack.com

Lee Applbaum
Chief Marketing Officer
lee.applbaum@RadioShack.com

corporate.citizenship@RadioShack.com

Customer.Care@RadioShack.com

Dear sir/madam

I am a long-time customer in RadioShack outlets, and I applaud the high quality of your products and, for the most part, the helpfulness of your staff. However, I am also a fan of cycling, and have to say that I find myself in disagreement with your companies' continued involvement with Lance Armstrong.

I believe that both his presence in a RadioShack sponsored cycling team, and his involvement in commercial advertisements for your company tarnish your image quite gravely in the eyes of the public, and also in my own eyes. His questionable ethics and propensity for cheating are not something that should be synonymous, as I believe they now are, with such a fine company as yours.

Regrettably, the conclusion I take from this partnership is one that forces me to cease my long-time loyalty to the brand. I will therefore take my patronage of your outlets elsewhere indefinitely.

Yours faithfully,

:D

A

Anonymous

not got one over here either..

i could send the letter to mcdonalds

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Dear sir/madam

I am a long-time customer in RadioShack outlets, and I applaud the high quality of your products and, for the most part, the helpfulness of your staff. However, I am also a fan of cycling, and have to say that I find myself in disagreement with your companies' continued involvement with Lance Armstrong.

I believe that both his presence in a RadioShack sponsored cycling team, and his involvement in commercial advertisements for your company tarnish your image quite gravely in the eyes of the public, and also in my own eyes. His questionable ethics and propensity for cheating are not something that should be synonymous, as I believe they now are, with such a fine company as yours.

Regrettably, the conclusion I take from this partnership is one that forces me to cease my long-time loyalty to the brand. I will therefore take my patronage of your outlets elsewhere indefinitely.

Yours faithfully,

:D

Well put. I would only add that I hope Radio Shack continues to support the development team, despite LA's transgressions. In fact, it would send a good message if a fair bit of funding were diverted from the old tarnished boys in favor of the development squad. There are a lot of really promising athletes on that squad. I hope they learn to race clean--no matter how inauspicious their beginnings/mentors...

A

Anonymous

send the same letter to the sponsors of the livestrong development team while youre at it ;)

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Dear RadioShack,

I wanted to write to you to express my disappointment that RadioShack continue to support several members of the RadioShack ProTour Cycling team during what many believe to be very well-founded and serious accusations.

With these allegations and investigations into past and current corruption of the sport through cheating and bribery, I think it is a shame to see a good company like RadioShack willing to continue supporting those accused. I know many other people in the cycling community who share this view.

I think it important to point out that I think the presence of RadioShack as a major sponsor in professional cycling is a very positive move. I do however think that transparency and justice should be the main concerns of RadioShack in dealing with these allegations.

I think it is those teams (and their sponsors) that set out with strong values and protocols that aim to quash the problem of doping in cycling that will come out of this situation with the most credibility and positive publicity. Though I understand that exposure on the european race circuit, and especially at the Tour De France, is a great opportunity for huge global exposure for RadioShack, it would appear that investigations are underway that may seriously deface some members of the RadioShack team and destroy the European, as well as American, image of the company.

With the public nature of these recent allegations made by Floyd Landis and the fact that investigations are ongoing into many members of the team yet none are removed from active status, I will not be able to continue to support RadioShack, and will be taking my patronage elsewhere. As long as the brand does not enforce proper investigation into these allegations and suspend the accused from their roles in the team, I believe that RadioShack will be seen as a dishonest and wholly negative force in cycling by many fans of the sport and increasingly, members of the public too.

I hope you take mine, and others' comments seriously and appreciate the enormity of the potential outcomes of these allegations for RadioShack and the sport of cycling if not handled in the correct and proper manner.

Yours faithfully,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
You've got an uphill battle.

http://www.fwbusinesspress.com/display.php?id=12635

May 24th, 2010

RadioShack Corp. officials outlined the company’s financial progress and extended the company’s partnership with the Lance Armstrong foundation during an annual meeting on May 24....

...Day said the company would expand its partnership with Lance Armstrong and his foundation, LIVESTRONG, which seeks to improve the lives of people affected by cancer. RadioShack will introduce exclusive LIVESTRONG-branded products and accessories in all stores beginning in July.

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
luckyboy said:
I believe that both his presence in a RadioShack sponsored cycling team, and his involvement in commercial advertisements for your company tarnish your image quite gravely in the eyes of the public,
Is this the same public that right now thinks they guy walks on water? If you're going to take part in Astroturf campaigns, at least try and keep the hyperbole to a minimum. People won't believe anything about the guy until he's either indicted or he comes clean. Even if/ when they indict him, a lot of people will still think he's a straight shooter. Hell look how many morons thought FLandis was framed right up until the bitter end?

May 27, 2010
Visit site
wow I am amazed at how people think that corporate sponsors should bear all of the responsibility for everything. If people are dumb enough to think that they should stop patronizing a corporate sponsor just because an athlete uses a PED (or is alleged to have used a PED)then the sponsor is better off without them. This is absurd. This is entertainment for goodness sake. If an athlete is dumb enough to risk his health with PEDs, let him but until someone tests positive there is no proof that they have used PEDs. Statements from someone else is not a positive test. Is this a technicality that is getting them off, yes it is. But OJ got off on a technicality. People need to stop focusing on the negative and focus on the positive in the sport. All you are doing is bring the sport down. For all of you so called purist, get over your jealousy of not being a pro and move on. I will never be a pro, but that does not mean that I don't enjoy watching these superhuman feats of effort. Doped or not, it is still fun to watch. Should doping be illegal, absolutely, but until someone tests positive or they themselves admit to it, they are not guilty. So get over it and move on. You can say I told you so if and when they test positive, but until that time stop obsessing over it and enjoy the show.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
What have any of you bought from a Radioshack recently? Seriously. I'm sure the heads of the company are big boys and can make their own decisions about who they support and how. Are we forgetting, innocent until proven guilty? I doubt Lance as much as anybody, and while it's not looking particulary good, so far, he hasn't been found guilty of anything actually. Lots of accusations and possibly some cover-ups. Prove it and I'm sure Radioshack will react accordingly, but until then, I doubt Radioshack, like Mr. Armstrong, will care what you have to say.

There are a lot more important things and causes to write people about than writing Radioshack simply because you don't like who they sponsor.

To use poster terminology, anti-fanboys are just as bad as fanboys.

I'm so entertained by these posts, some people really need more to do.

Cheers

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I guess that message would be generic to any team. Insert Garmin, Liquigas, etc. or any cycling sponsor for the team you hate. Dear Government of Kazakhstan.... When the majority of Americans see Lance they see a hero (which is what Radioshack wants to be associated with) because they do not follow cycling.

eleven said:
You've got an uphill battle.

Or not.

Not, that is, if Radio Shack's own policies are leveraged here:

RadioShack Corporation Code of Ethics

"...
RadioShack Team Member Responsibilities:
• Read the Company’s Code of Ethics;
• Comply with the Company’s Code of Ethics;
• Comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to the Company’s business or operations at all government levels in the United States and in each country where the Company does business directly or indirectly;
• Conduct business and operations in keeping with high moral, ethical and legal standards, avoiding conflicts of interest and the appearance of impropriety;
• Report illegal or suspicious activities and known or suspected violations of our Code of Ethics; and
• Seek guidance in resolving ethical issues.
RadioShack Leader Responsibilities:
• Provide an ethical work environment;
• Provide guidance in resolving ethical issues;
• Monitor team members and ensure compliance with the Code of Ethics;
• Be an example of exemplary ethical conduct;
• Investigate reports of known or suspected violations;
• Prohibit any form of retaliation against any person, who, in good faith, reports or supplies information about, or assists an investigation into actual or suspected violations of our Code of Ethics; and
• Administer disciplinary action for failure to comply with our Code of Ethics that is appropriate to the violation, up to and including dismissal and prosecution.

WHISTLEBLOWER POLICY
It is the policy of RadioShack Corporation that harassment, retaliation, or any type of discrimination or adverse action will not be tolerated against an employee (“whistleblower”) who:
• Makes a good-faith complaint about suspected Company or employee violations of law or violations of the Company’s Code of Ethics or Financial Code of Ethics,
• Provides information (or causes information to be provided) or assists in an investigation regarding violations of law, or
• Files, testifies or participates in a proceeding relating to violations of law.
..."
Dave.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Or not.

Not, that is, if Radio Shack's own policies are leveraged here:

RadioShack Corporation Code of Ethics

"...
RadioShack Team Member Responsibilities:
• Read the Company’s Code of Ethics;
• Comply with the Company’s Code of Ethics;
• Comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to the Company’s business or operations at all government levels in the United States and in each country where the Company does business directly or indirectly;
• Conduct business and operations in keeping with high moral, ethical and legal standards, avoiding conflicts of interest and the appearance of impropriety;
• Report illegal or suspicious activities and known or suspected violations of our Code of Ethics; and
• Seek guidance in resolving ethical issues.
RadioShack Leader Responsibilities:
• Provide an ethical work environment;
• Provide guidance in resolving ethical issues;
• Monitor team members and ensure compliance with the Code of Ethics;
• Be an example of exemplary ethical conduct;
• Investigate reports of known or suspected violations;
• Prohibit any form of retaliation against any person, who, in good faith, reports or supplies information about, or assists an investigation into actual or suspected violations of our Code of Ethics; and
• Administer disciplinary action for failure to comply with our Code of Ethics that is appropriate to the violation, up to and including dismissal and prosecution.

WHISTLEBLOWER POLICY
It is the policy of RadioShack Corporation that harassment, retaliation, or any type of discrimination or adverse action will not be tolerated against an employee (“whistleblower”) who:
• Makes a good-faith complaint about suspected Company or employee violations of law or violations of the Company’s Code of Ethics or Financial Code of Ethics,
• Provides information (or causes information to be provided) or assists in an investigation regarding violations of law, or
• Files, testifies or participates in a proceeding relating to violations of law.
..."
Dave.

What does that have to do with the success of Radioshack's relationship with Armstrong and Livestrong, a relationship they just expanded?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
What does that have to do with the success of Radioshack's relationship with Armstrong and Livestrong, a relationship they just expanded?
decision making process will be developed over a period in orgs, and only announced on finalization. Seems they hit a snag after the decision was announced, and it has yet to enter the feedback loop.

eleven said:

Hmmm, didn't we just see a rather interesting about face on expanded endorsement relationships with some other athlete who was in the news recently with a minor fender bender? Well, about faces from all sponsors except Nike of course - not that we should expect any pattern there.

This news just broke. Let's see what happens with some feedback.

Dave.

hector5950 said:
Is this the same public that right now thinks they guy walks on water? If you're going to take part in Astroturf campaigns, at least try and keep the hyperbole to a minimum. People won't believe anything about the guy until he's either indicted or he comes clean. Even if/ when they indict him, a lot of people will still think he's a straight shooter. Hell look how many morons thought FLandis was framed right up until the bitter end?

It's not a serious thing. We know that nothing will happen so why not throw in a bit of exaggeration?

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
He's a Phoney

It's all about the money. If RS becomes bigger because of his bandwagon, they could care less.

They are growing...they do sell many mobile phones.

I dunno.:confused:

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Clemson Cycling said:
...Dear Government of Kazakhstan....

Good luck with Kazakhstan. I sent them a certified letter telling them I would not be buying any Kazakhstani products imported into the US after they made that repulsive Borat movie. Did I get a response? No. :D

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Hmmm, didn't we just see a rather interesting about face on expanded endorsement relationships with some other athlete who was in the news recently with a minor fender bender? Well, about faces from all sponsors except Nike of course - not that we should expect any pattern there.

This news just broke. Let's see what happens with some feedback.

Dave.

The decision by RS to strengthen their relationship was announced after Floyd's info became public.