• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack out of Tour rumours

A

Anonymous

I don't know, but this article has some great stuff. Hey Armstrong apologists, read this over and over: "What else should testers look for, based on what they've learned from Landis? "One thing I would be looking for, based on Floyd's account," writes Ashenden, "is a steady hemoglobin value throughout the 3-week race." In other words, the inhuman rigors of a grand tour should force those values down. "It is both unnatural and highly suggestive of doping if blood values do not decline during a Tour."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...0/effect.of.landis.accusations/#ixzz0sMmnscqo

A

Anonymous

2 from the same source, and one other is what he said. I don't know, but if this is true, I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...and laugh some more. Then I will probably stop for a second or two and chuckle a little, then try to hide it and probably blow a little air out of my nose, and then I will not be able to hold it and my next chuckle will be audible again, then the next one will be a little louder, then I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...and laugh some more.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
2 from the same source, and one other is what he said. I don't know, but if this is true, I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...and laugh some more. Then I will probably stop for a second or two and chuckle a little, then try to hide it and probably blow a little air out of my nose, and then I will not be able to hold it and my next chuckle will be audible again, then the next one will be a little louder, then I will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh...and laugh some more.

Yeah, but he also said this:
@SC_Cycling Sources are good & have shown acceptable reliability in past though I could fairly classify 2 as more hopeful than helpful.
are these the two from the same sources, or are there three different sources? Really, I can't really make up enough out of those short tweets to really understand what is going on. :eek:

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
Yeah, but he also said this:

are these the two from the same sources, or are there three different sources? Really, I can't really make up enough out of those short tweets to really understand what is going on. :eek:

Yea, it is hard to make out which 2 are hopeful. He sounded dismissive at first. We'll see. I doubt it is true, but it sure would be FREAKING HILARIOUS!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Bill Strickland has tweeted that he's heard from three sources, that he claims are reliable, that the Shack are out of the Tour. Anyone else heard anything?
Roland - this is truly unfair, why couldn't you wait a few more minutes....

I am leaving work & wont have access to internet for a couple of hours..... :(
This is cruel...

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Yea, it is hard to make out which 2 are hopeful. He sounded dismissive at first. We'll see. I doubt it is true, but it sure would be FREAKING HILARIOUS!

I would laugh and laugh, and hope Vaconsoleil or ISd can get a team together at such short notice, both would make for a lot of interesting racing.

But probably won't be happening, even if RS is out of the tour.

BUT if RS is out of the tour, I will say this, we won't be seeing radioshack sponsoring any longer and probably demanding their money back

May 13, 2009
Visit site
My first question would be why?

ASO has cozied up to UCI in the recent past. And as Strickland says, they'd lose a lot of US viewers. So RS won't be the collateral damage of some different fight.

The Landis stuff has been out there for a while now and the federal investigation is moving slowly, too slow in fact to yield anything before the end of the TdF.

So, the question becomes, why? And why now suddenly?

The only thing I could see is if the disinvite comes along with new revelations. But there hasn't been anything specific above the usual noise. The much anticipated WSJ article? Not forthcoming. Riders who corroborate Landis's story? Not publicly. Any other rumors? Nope.

I can't see it.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestones said:

ASO has cozied up to UCI in the recent past. And as Strickland says, they'd lose a lot of US viewers. So RS won't be the collateral damage of some different fight.

The Landis stuff has been out there for a while now and the federal investigation is moving slowly, too slow in fact to yield anything before the end of the TdF.

The only thing I could see is if the disinvite comes along with new revelations. But there hasn't been anything specific above the usual noise. The much anticipated WSJ article? Not forthcoming. Riders who corroborate Landis's story? Not publicly. Any other rumors? Nope.

I can't see it.

The WSJ article is not out yet. The NYT article was the one from earlier in the week. I read a post here that said the WSJ article is out on Friday. Of course, that could be another September 5th. We will see. I cannot see RS being excluded unless there is some new news. The part about losing the US audience is the driving factor for me not thinking the rumor is valid. I hope it is, but won't put too much stock in it. It would make my day though.

When I was in the 8th grade, my cousin Kurt and I were the objects of desire of several girls. (No longer the case because I am fat and 54). We enjoyed watching as the girls would spread vicious rumors about each other in the hopes of destroying one or more of the other's repurations and then Kurt and I, according to their plan, would pick the ones left standing. Good to see the tradition continues.

So even the haters don't want to see Contador on his own team competing against Lance ? I sure do.

If lance is going to be indicted for historical doping violations it might as well wait until after the action of this year's tour.

Cobblestones said:

I can't see it.

I think you are correct.
Am I alone in wanting to witness the spectacle of Lance flailing his way across France as his loyal minions 1 by 1 are forced from the race with chiropractic ailments caused by constantly twisting around in the saddle to make sure that they haven't dropped the BOSS yet? I for one hope this rumor is unfounded! :p

A

Anonymous

offbyone said:
So even the haters don't want to see Contador on his own team competing against Lance ? I sure do.

If lance is going to be indicted for historical doping violations it might as well wait until after the action of this year's tour.

I don't want to see his junkie a$$ riding anything but a chair at the table for the defense.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
The WSJ article is not out yet. The NYT article was the one from earlier in the week. I read a post here that said the WSJ article is out on Friday. Of course, that could be another September 5th. We will see. I cannot see RS being excluded unless there is some new news. The part about losing the US audience is the driving factor for me not thinking the rumor is valid. I hope it is, but won't put too much stock in it. It would make my day though.

I can't believe a disinvite would result from the NYT article earlier this week. There was just not enough in there. What I got from it was that two riders probably spilled the beans, but it didn't say who it was nor what specifically they said. And we won't know it for a long time (if at all). The federal investigation is too slow to impact the 2010 TdF. And they won't share information with ASO either.

I agree, it would be hilarious (and well deserved), but I can't see it being true.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok - I will admit I would be exceedingly surprised if RS are NOT athe Tour.

But just in case:
20kwao.jpg

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
offbyone said:

To be completely honest, I want him to retire and leave the entire cycling world, please go into politics or whatever, I do not care, but the sooner he and certain others leave the sport the happier I will be. But to be quite honest if I see him really competing with Contador, while Bertie does not have some sort of injury, it would be freaking hilarious.

Anyway, didn't hear this rumour yet from any other source and Strickland himself seems doubtful of the reliability, so I'm guessing this is once again false alarm

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Am I alone in wanting to witness the spectacle of Lance flailing his way across France as his loyal minions 1 by 1 are forced from the race with chiropractic ailments caused by constantly twisting around in the saddle to make sure that they haven't dropped the BOSS yet? I for one hope this rumor is unfounded! :p

You would also have to endure the outcry of LA and his fans about a French conspiracy, Contador afraid, everyone hates cancer, etc. If you don't like Lance and you want to see him fail, kicking his team out now is almost the worst possible scenario (the worst possible scenario of course being that Lance wins this 8th).

Anyone know what Ditrich (Didi) Thurau said today? Whatever it is, it's got Kloden p1ssed off:

what an idiot is Diddi Thurau! He has no idea about the latest cycling, and tells all that crap! Such people need not sport! 20 minutes ago via Twitterrific

Found it. An article in Focus suggesting that at least 70 percent of the Tour field is probably doping.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I think you are correct.

I'd love to see that, too.

TRENDING THREADS