• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack out of Tour rumours

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
I stand corrected, Contador did not....

And I agree about Basso, different level at the Tour, but if he gets top three against Contador then it changes the picture slightly if his blood values look as normal as the Giro.

Please kindly go back to where you came from unless you can back up all this gibberish you've been sprouting.

Wigans blood values from the Tour last year were abnormal. Sure they were within Bio Passport standards, but they defy fatigue and normal human functions. His values never dropped. They should have. He was doping.

As for Ivan. I keep hearing talk about his normal values. Post them or drop it. Prove it. Show me what Aldo Sassi has been keeping recorded. What's that? They select who gets to view them! Yeah, tell me something I don't know. You haven't seen them at all have you? I'd bet strong money you don't know what normal values should look like. Normal as in everyday people, not UCI censored Bio-Passport tolerated doping. Please back up what you're saying...someone back it up. Prove Ivan changed, because numbers speak very strongly in these parts.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
goober said:
Armstrong changed numbers? I had not heard that - I am interested if you have more details. Basso site only shows up to just before the Giro (5/3) - where can I get the values up through the 6/12 test or later?

Yes, he changed his numbers.

With his first release of his numbers last year one measurement stood out, on 2/4 his Hct was 45.8. The number stood out for a number of reasons, it was 16.5% over his off season baseline and it came during a period of heavy training (Astana's first training camp) and his first stage race for over two years. His numbers should have been down during this phase not up.....this was during the first Astana training camp when the old dog needed to show everyone he still had it. Nothing like a bag of blood to help.

Of course people questioned it so Armstrong changed the number to 43.1 in subsequent releases. He knew he could do this because his fans would never question and anyone that questions the myth is just a hater.

May 25, 2009
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
He is Risen!
And on the 3rd stage, he created cobbles....and it was Good.

lance+armstrong+god.bmp

Roll that stone away!

Awesome! I wish I could access Facebook from work so I could change my photo to this for July...

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Yes, he changed his numbers.

With his first release of his numbers last year one measurement stood out, on 2/4 his Hct was 45.8. The number stood out for a number of reasons, it was 16.5% over his off season baseline and it came during a period of heavy training (Astana's first training camp) and his first stage race for over two years. His numbers should have been down during this phase not up.....this was during the first Astana training camp when the old dog needed to show everyone he still had it. Nothing like a bag of blood to help.

Of course people questioned it so Armstrong changed the number to 43.1 in subsequent releases. He knew he could do this because his fans would never question and anyone that questions the myth is just a hater.

I think LA and others will have this covered.. tests will show 43.1 42.1 40.1--see the decline!!!! The first will be their "enhanced" passport value then they'll turn a 10 point drop to 1 and 2 ...Weeeeehooooooo!!!

Galic Ho said:
Wigans blood values from the Tour last year were abnormal. Sure they were within Bio Passport standards, but they defy fatigue and normal human functions. His values never dropped. They should have. He was doping.

This got forgotten in the "Basso's consistent fall in values proves he was clean" thing. I'm afraid I'm now one of those who think Wiggins was doping. :(

wiggins-blood-tdf09.jpg_e_a6880f2bba48e3fefbdf5c4c3cdad39c.jpg

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
I think LA and others will have this covered.. tests will show 43.1 42.1 40.1--see the decline!!!! The first will be their "enhanced" passport value then they'll turn a 10 point drop to 1 and 2 ...Weeeeehooooooo!!!

Honest question. (Why is it that I really need to preface it with that?) Does anyone know of any riders in 2009 tdf that had blood values that changed in the 3rd week as any normal athlete's blood would have in a 3 week tour - the point is, are any of them NOT doping/blood transfusing?

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
alberto.legstrong said:
He is Risen!
And on the 3rd stage, he created cobbles....and it was Good.

lance+armstrong+god.bmp

Roll that stone away!

Man that's good. I gotta learn me some photoshop.

He should grow his locks in retirement. That's why he came back - his short hair do was too uptight and he couldn't relax.

He looks like an old hippie on weed - bongstrong

A

Anonymous

goober said:
Armstrong changed numbers? I had not heard that - I am interested if you have more details. Basso site only shows up to just before the Giro (5/3) - where can I get the values up through the 6/12 test or later?

Why does it not surprise me that you didn't know this? Somewhere on this forum, but I won't do your heavy lifting, there screen shots of the before and after. So don't come in with the "I can't find it, you guys are making it up or speculating" mantra you seem to like. MANY of us here have seen the before and after, and you would just look foolish trying to convince us of something we all saw and discussed over a year ago.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Why does it not surprise me that you didn't know this? Somewhere on this forum, but I won't do your heavy lifting, there screen shots of the before and after. So don't come in with the "I can't find it, you guys are making it up or speculating" mantra you seem to like. MANY of us here have seen the before and after, and you would just look foolish trying to convince us of something we all saw and discussed over a year ago.

As discussed in our scintillating analysis of the in-depth WSJ article. So long as they say the sky ain't blue, well.... then.....IT.... JUST....AIN'T.....BLUE.

We all have to learn how to deal with that! :D

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

these threads would be a lot easier to read (and the s/n ratio greatly improved) if you didn't feel the need to write 'fanboy' paranoid screeds in response to every post that mentions LA...

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
In the book "the death of marco pantani" the writer stateted that a normal blood value should not change by more then 10 percent.is this true? and did wiggins's value's alter by more then 10%?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Please kindly go back to where you came from unless you can back up all this gibberish you've been sprouting.

As for Ivan. I keep hearing talk about his normal values. Post them or drop it. Prove it. Show me what Aldo Sassi has been keeping recorded. What's that? They select who gets to view them! Yeah, tell me something I don't know. You haven't seen them at all have you? I'd bet strong money you don't know what normal values should look like. Normal as in everyday people, not UCI censored Bio-Passport tolerated doping. Please back up what you're saying...someone back it up. Prove Ivan changed, because numbers speak very strongly in these parts.

Micro blood transfusions?