• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Random French guys ripping up the Tour

dopey

random..........................riders one does not care for

again cheating is neither french british or reserved by any other nationality

watching todays tour stage 'bossed' by nibali I did think that the overall flow of riding on the final climb was more like pre oxygon vectoring days

Mark L

I'm for random trolling

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
Spoken like someone who doesn't know a lot about cycling.

Bardet and Pinot as random French guys. Lol.

I thought french guys had never heard of marginal gains. Seems odd that they can drop everyone from sky and garmin that easily.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I thought french guys had never heard of marginal gains. Seems odd that they can drop everyone from sky and garmin that easily.

You say that as if they were dropping an in-form Porte or if Talansky was still here in top shape.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
thehog said:
Good to see but have the French guys had enough and decided to get on the program?

Nope! Just a little casting for the leading role in the Brailsfraud's reality show "France's got talent" (in other words, looking for NCEFTW - New Clean Era French Tour Winner)

doperhopper said:
Nope! Just a little casting for the leading role in the Brailsfraud's reality show "France's got talent" (in other words, looking for NCEFTW - New Clean Era French Tour Winner)

Yes looks like they're all on the catwalk for Dave.

Pinot has always been a personal favourite. I really hope he makes the podium. I tipped him last year until Sky decided to create warp speed cycling again.

When they start beating Tony Martin in a time trial, then I'll get angry but until then, it's nice to see the French have someone else to cheer on besides Tommy V. throwing himself all over his bike.

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Today they showed Valverde who's the boss,but i'm sure they are cleans,plus french don't dope.It's time for Brailsford to choose one of them and get to his next objective a frenchman on the top step of the podium.:D

frenchfry said:
Only 1 French rider has abandoned so far (Vichot) out of 44 starters. Maybe we just know how to stay on our bikes.

Frenchfry what's it like in France at the moment? Bardet must be bigger than One Direction with the girls? And Pinot better than an actual Pinot?

I'm sure those two guys will be doing TV adverts for marmalade for the rest of the year!

armchairclimber said:
At least they (Pinot and Bardet) have the good grace to look suitably knackered at the end of the climb...come to that, during the climb too.

This is last year but yes, agreed. No smiling and warming down here!

27xf5mo.jpg

2j307li.jpg