• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rashaan Bahati's new team

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 9, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Its just occured to me, that you never hear of homosexual cyclists...

Petra Rossner and Judith Arndt -- two of Germany's most accomplished cyclists.

You could always check out the results listing of the 2006 Gay Games if you are truly interested in knowing who the "pro" gays are.
(Same Andy Mead as from Team Type 1???)

Think it's safe to say that it's probably more acceptable in the pro peleton to dope than be to homosexual. Weird.

GO JUDI!!! (or whatever the rainbow colours are!)
arndt_bird.jpg

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Signing Floyd Landis and 34-year-old US National Cyclocross Team rider Josh Berry.

They'll join the likes former Toyota-United Pro and Fuji-Servetto rider Hilton Clarke, Jason Donald (ex-Gramin-Slipstream), plus experienced Australians Nathan O'Neill and Matt Rice.

The team's General Manager, Steve Owens, is optimistic about the signing from both the competitive and social perspectives. "We're confident in Floyd's commitment to being a powerful ambassador for the Bahati Foundation and supporting the team in winning marquee events like the Tour of California," he said.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-joins-bahati-foundation

© DoesAnybodyOutThereEvenCare

DAOTEC said:
Signing Floyd Landis and 34-year-old US National Cyclocross Team rider Josh Berry.

They'll join the likes former Toyota-United Pro and Fuji-Servetto rider Hilton Clarke, Jason Donald (ex-Gramin-Slipstream), plus experienced Australians Nathan O'Neill and Matt Rice.

The team's General Manager, Steve Owens, is optimistic about the signing from both the competitive and social perspectives. "We're confident in Floyd's commitment to being a powerful ambassador for the Bahati Foundation and supporting the team in winning marquee events like the Tour of California," he said.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-joins-bahati-foundation

© DoesAnybodyOutThereEvenCare

Arn`t all these guys close to 30 y/old...............where are the young signings for the future?........

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
yes, why have a team at all?

a bit melodramatic, you think? appears they are picking up crumbs to form a team. whatcha got? got a landis. Ok, we'll take'em. whatcha got? an O'neill. done, sign'em.

give it some time to evolve. this Bahati seems a right on with intentions, how about a decent berth to see what comes of things?

One member of this forum sought to prove that "serious discussions" take place here. bwhat? I seen no evidence of that yet.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
'¡Olé!'

Tonight Bahati Faundation Launch and Pro Cycling Team Introduction on March 12th, the team roster is unveiled officially tonight in Los Angeles at Club Nokia Rashaan: we will be a strong consideration for the Tour of California.
nokia.jpg

Club Nokia is located in the center of the entertainment capital of the world: the L.A. LIVE complex. The club features 59,000 square feet of space, a 2,300 capacity reception space a 40' x 30' stage, exclusive catering by Wolfgang Puck and a state-of-the-art acoustics designed for live entertainment.

Landis the preacher now about the team: I have been in touch with them for a few months. I was talking to them and seeing what their goal was. At that time I had a couple of teams I was speaking to and I had been interested in them because they seem to have a different approach. The current agreement transpired about a week ago.
The team's schedule isn't entirely different than the schedule of the team I was on last year. Obviously with Rashaan we will have a better focus at the criteriums, so I don't know if I will be necessarily be involved in many crits. I might be good for leadouts, but we'll have a strong crit team without me. Over and above that we have Nathan O'Neill who is as good as anyone for the stage races. He's good at time trials and things like that. So the race schedule won't be that much different than last year.
My goal is to help promote the Bahati Foundation. Because of cycling I got to see a lot of the world and do a lot of things I wouldn't have done, and I think that the more kids that get exposed to cycling and might get passionate about it, the better. It [cycling] is a way to broaden your point of view about the world. Especially if you come from a place where you don't have much of an opportunity to go anywhere or do anything at all. Cycling certainly provides that.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
This may be a stupid question but who the f--- is Rahsaan Bahati, and why should I care about him? Google search shows that he is an African dude (certainly rare) but he hasn't placed in any race that I've ever heard of. Enlighten me.

I think he came to the attention of the Mercury team, before they tried to go Continental with all the Euros. He was a local phenom about the same time as a clean Landis. That was a long time ago in a far away land but they both were talented. Prior history may have something to do with a reunion.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
I don't see him on the San Dimas reg list yet, although Rahsaan, Clarke and O'Neill are there. Still plenty of time and Al Wiscovitch will make room for him regardless.

Mac, are you riding San Dimas? If so check TT results for the 5's. going to be interesting.

Race Radio said:
Mac, are you riding San Dimas? If so check TT results for the 5's. going to be interesting.

Naw, gonna take this year off. With all the rain we've had, I just don't have legs right now. Probably start my season at Dana Point. I'll be there to feed though, and coach some of our younger riders in the 4's.

I hate that TT BTW. As many times as I've been up GMR, that first 3 miles is the only part I really dislike. That, and the center-line rule being in effect on a 100% closed course (due to riders riding back down from the top) taking away the logical lines.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Naw, gonna take this year off. With all the rain we've had, I just don't have legs right now. Probably start my season at Dana Point. I'll be there to feed though, and coach some of our younger riders in the 4's.

I hate that TT BTW. As many times as I've been up GMR, that first 3 miles is the only part I really dislike. That, and the center-line rule being in effect on a 100% closed course (due to riders riding back down from the top) taking away the logical lines.

Yeah, it sucks. Especially when you weigh 200 pounds.

We found this kid, total diamond in the rough. He is going to shock some people that weekend.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Where did the Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team win their first race of the season? The downtown Grand Prix? Which downtown? This makes me nuts. I have seen the same on so called television news channels.

This is basic journalism 101. Get the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why in the first couple of paragraphs.

knewcleardaze said:
Where did the Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team win their first race of the season? The downtown Grand Prix? Which downtown? This makes me nuts. I have seen the same on so called television news channels.

This is basic journalism 101. Get the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why in the first couple of paragraphs.

They won their first race at Red Trolley in San Diego on February 7th:

http://www.socalcycling.com/RaceAnn/2010/red_trolley_flyer_2010.pdf

Rahsaan won it.

They just last weekend swept the podium at Merco:

http://www.podiuminsight.com/2010/03/07/bahati-foundation-sweeps-merco-downtown-grand-prix/

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
'¡Hola!'

While the party is underway in Club Nokia Twisted Spoke made some comments about Floyd and Rahsaan. 'It’s an odd couple, but a damn good one'

TP: Going from an almost-spot on Rock Racing to Bahati was a big switch in philosophy, like jumping off the pirate ship to work for the Peace Corps.

It’s a mission that seems to resonate with Landis, who’s always had a soft spot for outcasts, long-shots and kids that didn’t get the same chance as others.

FLoyd has found a home and in some strange and unexpected way, it’s the right place. Time to move on in his life. He’s never going to get his Tour de France crown back; he’s never going to race again in Europe.

He’s never going to recover the fortune in legals fees or regain any part of his old life as superstar cyclist, the next Armstrong. This is starting over and Rahsaan Bahati, not egotistical blowhard Michael Ball, is the man to help Floyd get his head straight and his soul back.
Read>Twisted Spoke

DAOTEC said:
He’s never going to recover the fortune in legals fees or regain any part of his old life as superstar cyclist, the next Armstrong. This is starting over and Rahsaan Bahati, not egotistical blowhard Michael Ball, is the man to help Floyd get his head straight and his soul back.
Read>Twisted Spoke

Qft. You got it right. Lots if racism itt. White guy starts a team, talk about racers races and doping. Black guy starts a team...

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Good luck fellas

CyclingNews prime~ 'Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team unveils Graffiti-style jersey

rahsaan_bahati_600.jpg

“The general reaction of the kits was that it’s completely overwhelming and positive all the way around,” said General Manager Steve Owens. “Its such an awesome kit. There is a story of how it was inspired. The YouTube video with Cannondale and Rahsaan Bahati out of Compton where he grew up. So, the jersey was designed after Louis Garneau saw the video.”

The entertainment venue’s amphitheater-style seating was designed to attract as many as 4,000 spectators. American sportscaster, Craig Hummer introduced the Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team’s 21-man roster that included its most recent signing Floyd Landis along with Bahati, O’Neill, Hilton Clarke, Cesar Grajales, Jason Donald, Matt Rice, Ryan Baumann, Corey Collier, Bobby Lea, Alex Hagman, Peter Carey, Phillip Mann, Evan Hyde, Ian Burnett and Lanell Rockmore. There are also five amateur riders in the squad Morgan Ryan, Devan Dunn, Yosvany Falcon, Jorge Alvarado and Neil Coleman.

Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team kicked off its season at the Merco Credit Union Cycling Classic held in Merced, California last weekend. The team swept the podium during the Downtown Grand Prix with Matt Rice taking the victory ahead of Rahsaan Bahati and Hilton Clarke.
Bahati team launch article again CN: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahati-foundation-pro-cycling-team-unveils-jersey

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
update

No Tour of California and a dead cyclist !

Friday, April 09, 2010
Bahati Foundation cyclist Jorge Alvarado killed while training

Bahati Foundation cyclist Jorge Alvarado was struck and killed yesterday by a speeding car while training on Greenspot Road near Santa Ana Canyon Road in San Bernardino County. According to the sheriff's officials, the Honda Accord was racing two other vehicles when it crossed the center line at more than 70 mph.
Sheriff's investigators said in a written statement: “The three vehicles were street racing when [the driver] changed lanes to the wrong side of the road as he attempted to pass the vehicle in front of him
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/3748/Bahati-Foundation-cyclist-Jorge-Alvarado-killed-while-training.aspx

Bahati surprised after missing California selection
"Owner hoped social responsibility, clean riders, results would secure entry"
Shame on him:p ... first Flandis fallout for Rashaan the dummy...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bahati-surprised-after-missing-california-selection

Mathew said:
Qft. You got it right. Lots if racism itt. White guy starts a team, talk about racers races and doping. Black guy starts a team...

...or it could be that the one guy's team's goals are a bit more noble than those of Rock Racing AND the other guy ultimately ended up treating his riders with disrespect, snubbed his nose at the traditions of the sport and
built a foundation based on style over substance. It's not a black and white thing....