• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rasmus Damsgaard and Don Catlin

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
They are both involved, (or were involved or arent involved depending on who you believe) with VADA.

VADA (The voluntary anti doping agency).

In a nutshell, athletes (primely boxers and MMA fighters), can register with VADA. They put you through an extensive testing program (that they dont like to actually explain what it is), and at the end of it they tell everyone you are clean. Well they put out a statement saying "Athlete X has passed VADA" but dont actually say what that involves.

VADA (Apart from the glaringly obvious name because very close to WADA), make all sorts of spurious claims like "We work in partnership with WADA", "We are partners with WADA", "We are WADA approved" and spread these claims around various boxing an MMA forums and message boards.

Catlin is an advisor

http://vada-testing.org/don-catlin-md-scientific-advisor/

Daamsgard was also listed as one of their "affiliates" but mysteriously in the last month his name has vanished from the site and its now only down as Clearidium. Word got around in the MMA community that Daamsgard had history and they reworded his listing.

http://vada-testing.org/affiliates/

And i you really want a laugh, Victor Conte in various interviews has claimed everything from being "the brains behind the creation of VADA" to "having nothing to do with VADA at all"

Basically they are doing the same old **** they did in cycling and other sports, and they have the entire boxing and MMA community fooled. Most fans in those sports are so lacking in basic understanding that the mere WADA/VADA similarity is enough to convince them that Conte, Daamsgard, and Catlin are the good guys.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
TheGame said:
They are both involved, (or were involved or arent involved depending on who you believe) with VADA.

In a nutshell, athletes (primely boxers and MMA fighters), can register with VADA. They put you through an extensive testing program (that they dont like to actually explain what it is), and at the end of it they tell everyone you are clean. Well they put out a statement saying "Athlete X has passed VADA" but dont actually say what that involves.

VADA (Apart from the glaringly obvious name because very close to WADA), make all sorts of spurious claims like "We work in partnership with WADA", "We are partners with WADA", "We are WADA approved" and spread these claims around various boxing an MMA forums and message boards.

Catlin is an advisor

Daamsgard was also listed as one of their "affiliates" but mysteriously in the last month his name has vanished from the site and its now only down as Clearidium. Word got around in the MMA community that Daamsgard had history and they reworded his listing.

And i you really want a laugh, Victor Conte in various interviews has claimed everything from being "the brains behind the creation of VADA" to "having nothing to do with VADA at all"

Basically they are doing the same old **** they did in cycling and other sports, and they have the entire boxing and MMA community fooled. Most fans in those sports are so lacking in basic understanding that the mere WADA/VADA similarity is enough to convince them that Conte, Daamsgard, and Catlin are the good guys.

So it is sort of like "all natural ingredients" on food.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Nick C. said:
So it is sort of like "all natural ingredients" on food.

Well..

You enroll in VADA, they test you an undetermined number of times, for undisclosed products, and then issue a press release...

kewa2t.png

Congratulations Rory, you are clean, because VADA (who just happened to be paid by you) said so :D

(While spreading nonsense about being partners of WADA - No, they use WADA approved labs, they are not partners - and all sorts of other spurious nonsense like accusing athletes that refuse VADA - preferring instead to either fall under USADA or State Athletic Commissions - of being subject to a less stringent regime than their athletes - who of course pay VaDA for the privilege of testing). One of Vada's best customers is Conte who has several of his "athletes" undergoing testing through them which he pays for.

Disclaimer: I am no way suggesting Rory McDonald is anything but clean.

Surprised Froome, Nibali and the rest havn't just signed up to VADA testing. That would stop all the doubters.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
since the thread is about rasmus and don, as a long time follower of either and being personally familiar with one, i am going to add my 2 rupees...

in my book, in terms of anti-doping integrity, don is a step above rasmus.

not saying rasmus is a joke. far from.

but he had been both a staunch (and in my nordic upbringing - TOO loud) a promoter of antidoping as well as quite controversial, if not convenient, for those who paid his bills...

such were some of the most grotesque dopers turned team managers... like riis, like bruyneel and dont forget the uci under hiny and mcquaid. rasmus is and always was a political animal. many danes are.

many americans are as well.

but catlin NEVER was...

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
No, it was Catlin who uncovered all Armstrongs high Te levels in the nineties..

And did nothing (although arguably there was nothing he could do).

That doesnt take away from the fact that their latest venture is a joke.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
i never rode a motorbike actually
but i do gardening, i like it

so yeah there is hope
Yes, Jens likes buring his dope by the roadside at GAN in 1998 when the gendarmes are busting your grandmom.

you need a gardener to do the gardening and bury the dope, and then dig it up for later use. Lots of squirrels running around Provance with 51 hematocrits

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.boxingscene.com/dr-don-catlin-joins-vada-role-scientific-advisor--67945

TheGame said:

Catlin is an advisor

Interesting post.
Afaict, Catlin joining VADA reflects very poorly on his integrity.
see link above (had trouble pasting it here)

TRENDING THREADS