• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rasmussen also pulls a Rasmussen.

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
ricara said:
Maybe I'm just a chump, but after reading Rasmussen's explanations I'm inclined to believe him. On the first one he actually got tested anyway because he was at a race.

Then the third one should be easy to corroborate, at least with regards to his attending his sister's confirmation. And as far as the "Send" button goes, I actually do this all the time. You see, I still use an old e-mail program that was written back in the day when the only way to get on the internet was via dial-up telephone lines. There were charges by the minute, so you didn't want to rack up the bills.

So what you would do was connect to the internet, download the new e-mails, disconnect from the internet, write all the responses, reconnect to the internet, send the e-mails, and finally disconnect from the internet for good. This convoluted process allowed you to only use a few minutes of "internet" time each day.

To aid this process, the e-mail program has two "send" buttons. One puts the new e-mail into a queue when working off-line. Then the other one actually sends the e-mails when you are connected to the internet.

However I seriously doubt that this is the kind of software the Mr. Rasmussen is using... :rolleyes:

Still, I really, really want to believe him! And I'm not the kind of guy that buys very many of these stories. Am I just a chump? Time will tell. If he's telling the truth, it would be a huge shame to lose your job and your career in such a manner. :(
i held back my opinion about alex's screw-up until now.

for god's sake, the lad is a 27 year old adult and an elite professional athlete paid hundreds of thousands of euros to boot !

whatever the real reason he got the three strikes, he thoroughly deserved them.

alex, you need to mature in a hurry !

oh, as for forgetting to press the 'send' key, it's childish...

for your information, the whereabouts is NOT an e-mail system, it's a web-based data base called ADAMS. there are several security levels of entering.

EACH and EVERY pro rider has at least several several several options of communicating his location:

-logging on to ADAMS
-messaging/texting
-faxing
-old-fashioned envelopes
-e-mailing
-using phone

i can't accept that an adult, regardless of whether he doped or not, is ignorant or negligent to such a degree !

May 26, 2010
Visit site
GreasyMonkey said:
He could not organise for a group of drunks to drink lots of beer in a brewery.....

amazing Rasmussen can even get it together to train, put on his shoes on the right feet, eat the right diet, show up for the race on the right day and go in the same direction as the peloton!!!!!

and this guy is a world class TTer:rolleyes:

May 27, 2011
Visit site
In Australia we just did our census, and for the first time they made a big push for people to complete the form online.

The next day the Bureau of Statistics said that more than 2,000,000 households (roughly 30% of the population) used the online form, but that 670,000 had completed all of the fields in the form... and forgotten to press submit.

After that was revealed, 600,000 people logged in again and submitted.

From the sounds of it Alex isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but there are certainly plenty of other blunt objects out there to keep him company.

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Come on guys, this is a guy who appears to be particularly adept at keeping his Twitter feed updated and his Facebook page similarly populated.

I don't think we to try and debate his literacy (or interest level) on a computer?

You get iPhone apps to keep your wherabouts up to date. If you can tweet about where you're driving your car, I think you can just about manage to keep far more important administrative details up to date...

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
GreasyMonkey said:
He could not organise for a group of drunks to drink lots of beer in a brewery.....

Contrary to popular belief i feel it would actually be quite difficult to organise a pess up in a brewery.

1 - The majority of the product would not be fully fermented etc & as a result it would be very hazardous to ones health to consume said produce in an unfinished state.

2 - The security levels in a Brewery are quite high so you wouldnt get very far trying to steal drink from the warehouses, not to mention that you wouldnt have a security key to even access the plant.

3 - There wouldnt be many takers if you went to them in the street & asked them to join you. Even your closest friends would balk at the idea. You can organise the same party in an official & licensed premises without any fear of sanctions.

4 - How would you get the product out of its fermenting & processing containers? You could fall & break your neck etc etc.

It is extremely difficult to organise a knees up in a brewery.

Kerbdog said:
Contrary to popular belief i feel it would actually be quite difficult to organise a pess up in a brewery.

1 - The majority of the product would not be fully fermented etc & as a result it would be very hazardous to ones health to consume said produce in an unfinished state.

2 - The security levels in a Brewery are quite high so you wouldnt get very far trying to steal drink from the warehouses, not to mention that you wouldnt have a security key to even access the plant.

3 - There wouldnt be many takers if you went to them in the street & asked them to join you. Even your closest friends would balk at the idea. You can organise the same party in an official & licensed premises without any fear of sanctions.

4 - How would you get the product out of its fermenting & processing containers? You could fall & break your neck etc etc.

LOL

Except here in the land of Oz .... most breweries here have a licenced premises attached .... so a **** up in a brewery is pretty common :p

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Kerbdog said:

Heh go to a craftbrewer. There it is highly probable that the fermenting tank comes with a tap ;) Last week i got myself slightly buzzed on beer that was 2 days out of fermentation straight from the tank. Oh and lots of Danish breweries got licenses to sell beer as well. So as in aussieland the occurance isnt that uncommon and all it takes to organise is often a phonecall to the brewery, some dough and a group of persons that want to go on tour with you and taste the wares. However I still agree with the fact that dear Rasmussed would be able to somehow manage to screw it up :p

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Ney the Viking said:
However I still agree with the fact that dear Rasmussed would be able to somehow manage to screw it up :

He would probably forget to hit the send Text button on his phone when he was texting us to arrange the shenanigans in said Alehouse.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Kerbdog said:

Posts that make sense are not allowed on the forum and therefore you should be hearing from the moderators once I've done reporting your post for making any sense :p

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Kerbdog said:

This is BS. Most breweries have a tasting bar/pub so it would be a matter of asking those who you wish to join you for inebriation to meet you in the brewery bar/pub and then letting the drink flow, all with the permission of the brewery of course.:)

No one suggested breaking into one:confused:

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
A group of cyclists were sitting around lamenting that one of their good friends had just died trying to arrange a p*ss up at a brewery. They decided one of them had to go round and tell his Mum, and they chose Mrs John Murphy for the task, because she was so kind-hearted and had such a delightful way with people.

Mrs. Murphy: "I'm sorry but I have some very sad news to impart. Your son has died a tragic death at the brewery. He fell into a giant vat of ale and drowned."

Mum: "Oh my, this is such a shock. Well I hope I can take comfort that he did not suffer. Tell me, did he at least go quickly?"

Mrs. Murphy: "Sadly... no. In fact, he got out three times to pee."

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I would say it would be the former. What is the policy wrt to former dopers or in Rasmussen's case, a ban because he is a lazy idiot in Denmark? Even he got a 10 month ban would they (the Danish Olymic Fed) still consider him for the Olympics? I would assume the answer would be no

May 26, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Hey, I have a question. According to this article:

http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/article.php/id-45490769:rasmussen-har-fundet-ønskestraf.html

a one-year-ban would mean he could participate in the Giro, while a 10-month-ban would mean he could participate in the track worlds, and possibly qualify for the olympics.

When are we counting the bans from? The date he had his last warning?

Which is probably why he has been making the noises about taking the ban etc...
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alex-rasmussen-agrees-with-colleagues-that-he-should-be-banned

It gives him a chance to 'prepare' for the Giro and rest of the season

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If Rassmussen is doping on the road, then he is doing it wrong. He's not a massive winner and I don't think he has too many opportunities of winning many stages at next year's Giro, and that depends if he has a contract with a team that is riding with the Giro as well.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
But he's not a top favourite like Tony Martin or Spartacus though. You can prepare or 'prepare' if you like, but you still need races under your belt if you want to win a prolouge in a GT.

TRENDING THREADS