• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rasmussen wins in Mexico

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
The Tour of Mexico has started Monday, and immediately his official comeback to Michael Rasmussen has been successful. The Dane, standing out for Tecos-Trek, won the second stage with nearly 10 minutes ahead of his teammate Bernardo Colex. Anyway, his team supreme, as the prologue and the first trip had been caught.

Result prologue
1. Ignacio Sarabia (Tecos-Trek) in 05u01m24
2. Domingo González (Orven) op 12s
3. Mauricio Frazer (Arenas) op 17s

Result of first stage
1. Juan Pablo Magallanes (Tecos-Trek)
2. Hector Rangel Zimarron (Canel Turbo)
3. Luis Fernando Macías (Tecos-Trek) st

Result of second stage
1. Michael Rasmussen (Tecos Trek)
2. Bernardo Colex (Tecos Trek) on 9m41
3. Gregorio Ladino Vega () on 10m56

May 19, 2009
Visit site
It took some googleing but I found that the race is called "vuelta ciclistica Puebla San Marcos" This photo came up.

"LOOK MAH, NO HANDS"
ipd550.jpg

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Watch out for Cyber-Rasmussen next year with RadioShack. With Armstrong's "counseling", he could put 10 minutes into Contador in the Tour. :D

A

Anonymous

Mark Andrews said:
The stage was actually 110kms

and to think people accuse armstrong of beating up on the locals..
and the chicken goes beating mexicans by ten minutes...

are we even meant to try and take this seriously..? this is as ridiculous a news story as i have ever seen

thank you kease7 for as ever keeping us up to date with south american cycling, i think you are a credit (maybe cn should pay you to cover races).. but, this is just..

im lost for words...

after three stages he leads by ten minutes, with 3rd place another ten minutes behind.. sounds more like paris-dakar.. :/

A

Anonymous

this is interesting.. rasmusson not only won the stage by ten minutes, but also rode so fast that neither the tv cameras, or the press managed to get pictures of him, and as such the news have been obliged to use an old photo of him in the reports..

http://www.sitiodeciclismo.net/txtzfiche.php?berid=5489

edit:

not as random as cycling news who have used a photo of him winning on col d'Aubisque... WOW...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmussen-makes-a-winning-return-in-mexico-1

cn.. if you dont have an up to date photo.. DONT BOTHER USING ONE...

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
dimspace said:
this is interesting.. rasmusson not only won the stage by ten minutes, but also rode so fast that neither the tv cameras, or the press managed to get pictures of him, and as such the news have been obliged to use an old photo of him in the reports..

http://www.sitiodeciclismo.net/txtzfiche.php?berid=5489

edit:

not as random as cycling news who have used a photo of him winning on col d'Aubisque... WOW...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasmussen-makes-a-winning-return-in-mexico-1

cn.. if you dont have an up to date photo.. DONT BOTHER USING ONE...

Cyclingnews did use an up to date photo, it's just that Rasmussen happened to be training on the Aubisque and racing in Mexico at the exact same time. It's his superhero power. I believe he's even got a backdated TUE for it. ;)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
9:41 in 110 kms? Ay Caramba! Is he back on the sauce or were his opponents riding tandem bikes? I like how he credits his team, I wonder what they did for him 10 mins back.... pull out pistoleros and hold up the rest of the peloton?

A

Anonymous

kease7 said:
Chaps i'm glad i've made you all laugh with this post.... LOL

yeh but we want an update..

what did he do today, ride backwards, delivered milk and newspapers from a basket hanging from the front of his bike, finished at 4pm and everyone else is still riding?

TRENDING THREADS