• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the 2013 Tour

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

How do you rate this years Tour?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8. Froome was lucky that Purito crashed just before Pyrinees and that Quintana was wasted in the begining in long attacks, becouse both of them climb better than him....and that didnt allowed to us to see a more disputated race.

Anyway, the problems at SKY and the strenth of other teams as Movistar and Saxo make a very interesting Tour, joined by the way to ride of Froome, always giving everything and attacking.

A lot of flat stages is not good as well. We needed more stages as Gap.

Better than usual, 6/10

Crosswind stage, Quintana's win, willing Julien Simon to the line, Riblon's win. One of the Rui Costa stages was exciting for a while.

Missed most of the last two Corsica stages but it must've looked nice.

Sky domination is boring, some sprints were better than normal but still pretty dull. Champs Elysees in the semi-dark was not great.

Vuelta will (hopefully/probably) be the best GT yet again.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
No, why should I tell you that

Take care of your nerve system. :) If one had asked me what I felt, having looked at Andy dropping out of the pack at Ventoux, I could have easily replied without a special courage though.

I think Froome was riding in the Alpes with heart, full of irony to his surprisingly weak opponents. Sure he paid for an extra courage on Alpe-d'Huez and forgot to eat but his crisis is massively overrated.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Did You watch the Tour?

Gap.

It is not an attack at all. Just a slight probing. An attack is when somebody rushes to a whirlpool with a head and come what may. An 100 meter punch is not an attack. He spitted on your attacking ideals. I'd consider many times whether one should root for him further if he rides the climbs like Levi Leipheimer. Contador cheated you, his fans. If he really had needed 1th place or nothing, he would have attack alone straight on the Madeleine, but it didn't happen. He was eager to keep his 2nd place by all means. And these words can not find disproof considering his riding. But I don't blame him because primarily it was a myth which his fans chershed and most people realized that.

airstream said:
It is not an attack at all. Just a slight probing. An attack is when somebody rushes to a whirlpool with a head and come what may. An 100 meter punch is not an attack. He spitted on your attacking ideals. I'd consider many times whether one should root for him further if he rides the climbs like Levi Leipheimer. Contador cheated you, his fans. If he really had needed 1th place or nothing, he would have attack alone straight on the Madeleine, but it didn't happen. He was eager to keep his 2nd place by all means. And these words can not find disproof considering his riding. But I don't blame him because primarily it was a myth which his fans chershed and most people realized that.

Seriously? :confused:

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Almost as bad as 2012, and thus the second worst Tour I've seen (I've been watching since 2006). The only things I genuinely enjoyed were Riblon on Alpe d'Huez, Saxo's crosswind attack and GreenEdge's TTT. The rest was just funny. Froome's dominance was side splitting but boring at the same time.

I suppose Quintana was alright, as well.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:

This comment is very hard to digest. either you hate contador, and love someone else too much.

Contador did not cheat his fans. He might not have the result that his dans hoped for, but he did what he promised to do. From the tour's perspective, Contador was simply doing something that others should have also attempted.

Nibali lost a chance in the previous tour because no one else was there with him. This year, it was the turn of Contador. a certain team was second time lucky, since some other teams were spineless.

murali said:
This comment is very hard to digest. either you hate contador, and love someone else too much.

Contador did not cheat his fans. He might not have the result that his dans hoped for, but he did what he promised to do. From the tour's perspective, Contador was simply doing something that others should have also attempted.

Nibali lost a chance in the previous tour because no one else was there with him. This year, it was the turn of Contador. a certain team was second time lucky, since some other teams were spineless.

He's just a massive troll that dislikes Contador. So he's having a good time trolling now.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
murali said:

I'm being absolutely serious and since October I predicted Froome's easy win. Then I was always objected to smirks and probably half of forum could remind me that Contador won 7 gts whilst Froome did 0. So I'm entitled to communicate in this way now. Yes, it's lie in my view to say about 2nd place or 20th doesn't matter and defend 2nd place with it. As for the 2013 Tour, these statements turned out to be an absolute fluke.

airstream said:
Take care of your nerve system. :) If one had asked me what I felt, having looked at Andy dropping out of the pack at Ventoux, I could have easily replied without a special courage though.

I think Froome was riding in the Alpes with heart, full of irony to his surprisingly weak opponents. Sure he paid for an extra courage on Alpe-d'Huez and forgot to eat but his crisis is massively overrated.

Who is overrating his fueling "crisis"? He had the Tour in the bag at the time.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Who is overrating his fueling "crisis"? He had the Tour in the bag at the time.

Well, at least other riders' fans will loathe themselves with these so called crisis until the next TdF :)

airstream said:

The only "fan" that apparently feels "cheated" is Hitch. Excuse me also if I can't respect your perspective on anything Contador does. You're like this dark cloud of Contador negativity, peeing on the parade of any adulation that is expressed for the man. Your hatred runs so deep as if, and I've stated this to you before, you were some lover that was scorned, now out for revenge. I'm fearful now that Hitch will become Airstream 2.0.:eek: I think we may need to organize an intervention. Having two of you would bring the forum into darkness and dispair....if not for the ignore function. ;)

airstream said:
I'm being absolutely serious and since October I predicted Froome's easy win. Then I was always objected to smirks and probably half of forum could remind me that Contador won 7 gts whilst Froome did 0. So I'm entitled to communicate in this way now. Yes, it's lie in my view to say about 2nd place or 20th doesn't matter and defend 2nd place with it. As for the 2013 Tour, these statements turned out to be an absolute fluke.

You do realize that we accept your every Tour related post as simple gloating don't you? You definitely have a problem discerning what someone hopes will happen and what they think will be the eventual outcome. In many cases in sports one's hopes override what they see as the more likely outcome and they vote and/or debate based on their hopes. The fact that you feel the need to trumpet your great skills of prognostication as if it makes you better than all that hoped for a different outcome is, to use a word that Hitch used to describe Contador's Tour performance: "pathetic".

Your "What do you think of Froome now" thread is just another opportunity for you to gloat and ask people to "describe their feelings" when Froome was dancing on the pedals as if we're all on your psychiatric couch.:rolleyes:

i gave it an 8

thinks i loved:

corsica,stunning beatiful
the sprints, kittel really reached the level i predicted two years ago even if now he's not a cyclist i like anymore. but the sprints were great
that stage by cannondale was cool
mont saint michel itt. and chorges too
rui costa's epic breakaway wins
alpe d'huez stage, the best of the tour in my opinion
froomey not holding back, going full throttle on bonascre and ventoux
nairito made me happy
that epic, crosswinds stage. ok i think this was maybe better than alpe d'huez. two hours of great action

things i didn't like:
contador coming as a cyclotourist to face froome. worst idea ever. never expected something like this
the stage to bagnerres de bigorre. it started so well and it ended by lettting froome untouched.

maybe next year will be better. maybe contador wants to win who knows and we'll see a fight

Positives:
Froomes accelerations :p
Fuglsang!!!!!
Lutsenko!
Nieves climbing, he will win the Vuelta someday (I hope)
Riblon, my new french favourite
Kreuziger not performing as well in the last couple of mtf as in the first mountainstages, proving that it was not Astana who failed him las couple of years :p (joking ofc... or am I?)
crosswind stage
Quintana climbing like a ****ing angel
Purito showing what he was made of in the last week

Negatives:
Froomes total dominance
Kash abonding early on because of illnes (and not getting a contract for next year)
AC riding like my 83 year old grandmother after her christmas spirits
Voeckler not where he is supposed to be form wise.
Pinot not near where he was last year
Valverde loosing all that time on a flat stage... again!

Angliru said:
The only "fan" that apparently feels "cheated" is Hitch. Excuse me also if I can't respect your perspective on anything Contador does. You're like this dark cloud of Contador negativity, peeing on the parade of any adulation that is expressed for the man. Your hatred runs so deep as if, and I've stated this to you before, you were some lover that was scorned, now out for revenge. I'm fearful now that Hitch will become Airstream 2.0.:eek: I think we may need to organize an intervention. Having two of you would bring the forum into darkness and dispair....if not for the ignore function. ;)

Haha good post

jens_attacks said:
i gave it an 8

thinks i loved:

corsica,stunning beatiful
the sprints, kittel really reached the level i predicted two years ago even if now he's not a cyclist i like anymore. but the sprints were great
that stage by cannondale was cool
mont saint michel itt. and chorges too
rui costa's epic breakaway wins
alpe d'huez stage, the best of the tour in my opinion
froomey not holding back, going full throttle on bonascre and ventoux
nairito made me happy
that epic, crosswinds stage. ok i think this was maybe better than alpe d'huez. two hours of great action

things i didn't like:
contador coming as a cyclotourist to face froome. worst idea ever. never expected something like this
the stage to bagnerres de bigorre. it started so well and it ended by lettting froome untouched.

maybe next year will be better. maybe contador wants to win who knows and we'll see a fight

Alberto wanted to win this year as well jensie

Carols said:
I had to turn it off at some points...shouting Fraud!!!!

yep, switched off after watching Porte on Ax3 - all that domestique work then to come out and take second over the likes of AC et al...
brailsford's lame interview after the feeding incidents - what a crock. Such a "f*** you, we're sky and will do as we please"

couldn't help but take a peek later on - enjoyed the TJVG and Ralland attempts and the cross wind break. Saxo moving off the front to see froome behind them looking back and going straight for the radio - a great laugh, that - "hey boss, they're going forward, what do I do?"

TRENDING THREADS