• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the 2017 Tour de France

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Rate the 2017 Tour de France

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 11 6.0%

Votes: 15 8.2%

Votes: 19 10.4%

Votes: 32 17.5%

Votes: 41 22.4%

Votes: 29 15.8%

Votes: 28 15.3%

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
rick james said:
hrotha said:
rick james said:
didn't rate it, its pointless.
How convenient. What are you doing in this thread then?
pointing out if sky never won it then the rating would be higher, do you not agree
If we acknowledge that Sky not only had the strongest team, but also the defending champion, then if they did not win the 2017 Tour, there is every reason to think that it would be an unusual event. I mean, setting aside a 2014 Tour scenario, it would mean that another rider managed to overcome some significant disadvantages to win the race, and that makes for a good viewing experience, at least in my estimation.

phanatic said:
Not too good, but I added a point out of fairness that the highlights I mostly watched were decent, another because the Frenchman whose name I like made the podium, another because it had to follow the 100th Giro, another because I always wondered what three weeks of Catalunya would look like (Piti could have won this), and one last bonus point because I always knew the Dauphine should be the race that decides the best cyclist. I gave it a 7 but it was an average TdF.

So is Birdsong the best cyclist? Or was Porte the moral victor? :confused:

hrotha said:
rick james said:
hrotha said:
rick james said:
didn't rate it, its pointless.
How convenient. What are you doing in this thread then?
pointing out if sky never won it then the rating would be higher, do you not agree
Exact same race but Froome crashes out or has 2-3 mechanicals in the last ITT so that Urán takes it = same or worse rating.
folks would give it extra marks for Froome crashing out

Tank Engine said:
phanatic said:
Not too good, but I added a point out of fairness that the highlights I mostly watched were decent, another because the Frenchman whose name I like made the podium, another because it had to follow the 100th Giro, another because I always wondered what three weeks of Catalunya would look like (Piti could have won this), and one last bonus point because I always knew the Dauphine should be the race that decides the best cyclist. I gave it a 7 but it was an average TdF.

So is Birdsong the best cyclist? Or was Porte the moral victor? :confused:

Should be, but I forgot that Porte blew it he was so talked up before the Tour. I always feel the GTs are more spectacle and the 7-10 day races more competitive.